Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My focus today is on Pop's Chocolate Cookie recipe. I think he lifted the recipe off a website somewhere. Anyway, I mixed it back on 9/25 and tried it on 10/9. It wasn't too bad. It was too cakey for me (sugar cookie) but at least it had some good flavors in it and worthy of tweaking. So I made two tweaks. Both cut the sugar cookie by at least half or more. Both also increased the milk chocolate by at least 50% or more One cut the double chocolate in half and the other cut the brown sugar by 75%. They've been steeping a month so they're more than ready for sampling. I just started Tweak #1 and it's already closer to what I was looking for. I'll keep pulling on this one for awhile then will switch to Tweak #2.

I'm continuing to confirm that I'm not a big fan of flavors that are too cakey. They're not horrible or anything and I do like some level of cakey but there is a limit and I'm slowly discovering what that is.
    I gave my Sugar Cookie away. Too cakey, too sweet. I could no doubt work mt way around the too cakey but not the too sweet.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    In case anyone is interested, I've been vaping this since June, and it's a solid clone of mothers milk I like it a lot. Not terribly complicated, but takes a month of steeping.
    - cheesecake (Graham crust) TFA - 5%
    - sweet strawberry CAP - 10%
    - vanilla custard v2 CAP - 2%
    - sweet cream CAP - 3%
    - bavarian cream LA - 3%
    Interesting. For myself, I would lessen the strawberry and use Fresh Crean instead of Sweet.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got some organizing done this morning. I put away some 10ml flavors and put a bunch of 30’s into my extra stack on case. I’m procrastinating on putting away the RF flavors. I keep looking at my five boxes of mods and tanks and don’t know where to start. I’d like to group the same brands of stuff together and put pods/coils with the correct mods or tanks. It’s just overwhelming.
    Maybe you should sell some stuff or whatever if you have that much of.

Reactions: stols001

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It's my stash of accessories that's daunting me. Spare glasses, screws, insulators, squonk bottles, and whatnot. I got a huge delivery of doo-dads from FT more than a week ago and just haven't had the strength to deal with it. And then there's the drawer . . .
    There's always "The Drawer":lol:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I was hoping for a from scratch recipe.
    I was thinking maybe 7% VBG, 2% Banana Ripe, 1% Cinnamon Danish Swirl (for cinnamon and sweet) and 1% Jamaican Rum. Maybe...
    Give it a try. I'd like to help but can't do banana.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I gave my Sugar Cookie away. Too cakey, too sweet. I could no doubt work mt way around the too cakey but not the too sweet.
    Yes, the sugar cookie is rather dominating. My tweaks cut it 50% in one and 75% in the other. Even at 50% it is still a little too much (though a lot better). I'm thinking the 75% cut will be about right.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes, the sugar cookie is rather dominating. My tweaks cut it 50% in one and 75% in the other. Even at 50% it is still a little too much (though a lot better). I'm thinking the 75% cut will be about right.
    My thinking is to sub it altogether.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Banana Foster Recipe... any ideas ?

This is one of Bill's recipes I saved...for Bananas Foster Cream, but haven't tried yet. As usual, it's HTF% and all flavorings are TFA. When I make any of his old recipes now, I cut them by at least 1/2 to suit my own tastes.

Bananas Foster - 15%
    Cinnamon Danish - 4%
    Vanilla Swirl - 4%
    Rum - 3%
    Brown Sugar - 2%
    Caramel - 1%
    Butter - 1%

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Good idea, you never know.
    Exactly. If nothing else I'm kind of enjoying the double chocolate n milk chocolate combo in the ratios I'm mixing them in. My second tweak dramatically reduces the brown sugar too so I will learn what impact that has. Seems everything I do requires quantum leaps with some of these flavors just so I can learn what they're doing. A beginner DIYer sure wastes a lot of effort during the beginning stages of the learning curve.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    It sounds good but that sure is a lot of flavoring. Why so high on the strawberry?
    That's what the recipe on ELR called for, and I haven't tinkered with it at all. Perhaps to combat the more potent creams and custards? Maybe the sweet strawberry is weak.. I haven't used it in any other recipes, iirc. I don't get any overpowering strawberry flavor at all.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Exactly. If nothing else I'm kind of enjoying the double chocolate n milk chocolate combo in the ratios I'm mixing them in. My second tweak dramatically reduces the brown sugar too so I will learn what impact that has. Seems everything I do requires quantum leaps with some of these flavors just so I can learn what they're doing. A beginner DIYer sure wastes a lot of effort during the beginning stages of the learning curve.
    Yes but I don't think of it as time wasted. It's all unique to your taste.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That's what the recipe on ELR called for, and I haven't tinkered with it at all. Perhaps to combat the more potent creams and custards? Maybe the sweet strawberry is weak.. I haven't used it in any other recipes, iirc. I don't get any overpowering strawberry flavor at all.
    I've used Cap Sweet Strawberry for years and never thought it weak but everyone is different.

Users who are viewing this thread