Random DIY mixing and More

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Just some house maintenance. And yes, I literally have some crap to do too like you. I hired a guy to come out and replace my septic D-Box. He wants only $750 and for that price I don't have to dig up rocks and roots. Well worth it to save my body.
I'm digging up and re-routing a waterline at the house that 'someone un-named' laid 4" from the surface. I need to find a 20 year old and pay them to do it, if only I wasn't so cheap...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'm digging up and re-routing a waterline at the house that 'someone un-named' laid 4" from the surface. I need to find a 20 year old and pay them to do it, if only I wasn't so cheap...
We suffer from the same problem. Hate paying someone to do it. But as I age, I find I have to pay someone. Either a contractor or a chiropractor.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Been out of sorts and up to my eyeballs lately... A bit of good news, but unfortunately lots of stress... My (22 yr old) car should be ready for me to pick up tonight (fingers crossed :nun:). Needed to have that damned sensor replaced (or it would not pass inspection), an oil change, and a part replaced in the driver door (getting in/out from the passenger side was not fun). Will cost me $485, but at least I'll be mobile again, so I won't have to use my husband's car. Yay... Independence!

Speaking of... I really wish I could hog tie him and drag him to a psychiatrist, because he's needed meds for years. Bipolar disorder runs on his mom's side of the family (mom, grandmother, brother, nephew, cousin...) and he has been flipping out on me for every little thing, especially if he can't get his way. He wanted us to do Christmas this year, but my family decided to go elsewhere (we are invited, too), but he flipped out, blaming me for not asking early enough. The host is the son of my sister's best friend, who we included in all family functions, because she had no family of her own. She has since passed away, yet we still include him as family (he calls us Aunts & my mom, Grandma). He is getting married next month, so last year he told my family he wants to do Christmas every year going forward. We think it's because we always included them, so he wants to give back. My husband fails to understand that and blamed me. I explained to him that this was decided last year without our knowledge (we went over to his friend's house). His fiance's family will also be there, so there's no way I can expect him to change locations. My husband got in my face, screaming at the top of his lungs, in a very intimidating way, telling me to get out, and is now not speaking to me at all.

My son is doing absolutely horrible in school and has been having fits of anger to the point of destruction (mostly inanimate objects). I made an appointment for diagnosis for today, because I need to know if he is suffering from the same thing. I spoke to him about it last night and he is fine with it. I totally expected him to be angry, but he wasn't. He hates his father, because of the way he acts. I have to admit that I hate who he is right now, too, and wish he cared more about people instead of the Xbox. He insists that he's sane and everyone else is crazy. I will probably have to leave him at some point, because the stress is killing me. My son told me that he would want to come with me, if that happens. I dread the repercussions I'm certain will occur, so I will need to start preparing, if that moment comes. My son and I have an agreement that he will call 911, if he sees my husband hurt me.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. No vape related stuff to gush on about. Sorry for the length, I just needed to get that out. Work has now totally changed for me, with 2 different managers to work for and an impending move to Midtown (which will significantly add to my commute), so I needed to vent a bit. Thankfully, my UC is still under control, despite the stress. Hope all of you are well!
Are we twins? J/k, but I connect with your life personally. I'm not married, but I've dealt with hostility directed at me all of my days, so I understand that aspect of it.

Be safe, if you legitimately think you are in danger, remove yourself from the situation. There are shelters for domestic violence. It might be unpleasant, but looking at it long-term vs. right now helps with that.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    No Sir. Your imagination is reality in this case. You are of sound mind. Enjoy it. That can disappear one day. :)

I saw one review where the guy swears he tastes dates in it. I don’t know what they taste like. I’ve never had one.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    vaping Tribeca right now. I taste much more nuts (AP) than caramel (ry4).
    I sometimes need to lower down the nicotine in my Tribeca from 18 to 12 and found out that adding Inawera Sesame is the best thing to compensate for the watered down flavor. Almost identical to the original nuttiness in tribeca. It is an interesting addition to tobaccos.

I think that I ended up dropping the AP to 1%. It was a long time ago.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Aren’t they quite sweet?
    Not really but many sellers put sugar on them (because they are not especially sweet like many fruits). Dates and fig are very close in flavor. And I believe both are grown in the same area (eastern Mediterranean region). Could be wrong.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Not really but many sellers put sugar on them (because they are not especially sweet like many fruits). Dates and fig are very close in flavor. And I believe both are grown in the same area (eastern Mediterranean region). Could be wrong.
    Going by a bad memory.I know I’ve had some dates at some time.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Here's the Apple Butter recipe I am using. It's called Apple Buttah by DIYorDie on ELR

Butter Cream CAP 2%
    Caramel (carmello) FA .5%
    Cinn. Danish Swirl CAP .5%
    Fuji Apple CAP 4%
    Liquid Amber FA .5%
    Vanilla Custard CAP 1%
    Vanilla ice cream LB 1%
    Thank you. Willing to bet there’s folks here that will like that one.:)

Users who are viewing this thread