Random DIY mixing and More

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
So I'm in the midst of flavor testing two more chocolates today. I already relegated one of them to the bone box. INW's Chocolate. This one tastes like soap too. What makes these people think soap tastes like chocolate? I'm disappointed. I had high hopes for INW. Still working on Double Chocolate Clear. I don't like making judgement until I've given a flavor several mls at least unless it is total crap. I'm not going to pollute my taste buds for the rest of the day just to be "fair" with something I know has no chance.

I am convinced FA Cuban Cigar is bug spray. If anyone here has sprayed a wasp nest you know why I know what bug spray taste like. Hand eye coordination on the spray tab as your body's natural flight response takes control can sometimes lead to taste samples of whatever you are spraying.

Trying to hide the fact that you have bug spray in your mouth as your wife asks, "did you get it?" is the hard part. If anyone wants it I have a creamy bugspray recipe from ELR that's being passed off under the name Creamy Cubano.:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I am convinced FA Cuban Cigar is bug spray. If anyone here has sprayed a wasp nest you know why I know what bug spray taste like. Hand eye coordination on the spray tab as your body's natural flight response takes control can sometimes lead to taste samples of whatever you are spraying.

Trying to hide the fact that you have bug spray in your mouth as your wife asks, "did you get it?" is the hard part. If anyone wants it I have a creamy bugspray recipe from ELR that's being passed off under the name Creamy Cubano.:)
    I've sprayed wasp spray. I think I can skip that flavor:lol:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    This is true:) I try to keep my juice at least fairly fresh by mixing new stuff at 15ml and not mixing a ton of 30 ml at the same time. Trying to stay away from the year-old stuff like I had.
    Yes, don’t be like Mel and make 240ml of cheesecake :lol: ! I just looked at the bottle. I made it the end of January. It took over 3 months to really get steeped. I’m finally down to the last maybe 20ml. But, I did pull some to “seed” a new 60ml that’s steeping. I thought I’d never get to the end of that giant bottle. Truly a legendary, precautionary diy blunder :blush:

Reactions: hittman
    Great price but I don’t buy from 8vape. Their one of the couple places that want pics of ID. Never done it and I’m not starting now. I’ll wait for ejuices next sale.
    Ive only ordered a few times, but they just ask for date of birth to verify to a credit card and your driver liscence record. Have you all had trouble with them asking for photo id?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I've learned to have a variety of sizes. The 15's were my newest addition and I love them. I just might use a 60ml for the Rhubarb Custard. Really like that one. I only mix my cheesecakes in 30ml but I like to change them around sometimes.
    I’m lazy, I make the cheesecake as a base, then add the other flavors to it. I have several cheesecake variations I like to keep in rotation

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ive only ordered a few times, but they just ask for date of birth to verify to a credit card and your driver liscence record. Have you all had trouble with them asking for photo id?
    Yes,photo ID. I have better places t order from

• Informative
    Reactions: NolaMel

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m lazy, I make the cheesecake as a base, then add the other flavors to it. I have several cheesecake variations I like to keep in rotation
    I don't pre make cheesecake base too often because I sometimes like to alter my base.

Reactions: NolaMel

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    When you look in the closet and see a box in the floor you don't remember....

... and it contains 100 30ml bottles you don't remember ordering....

...why does the term "rabbit hole" come to mind ?
    Back at home, I have a shoebox chuck full of cleaned 30ml bottles. I left it behind. I know my gd didn't throw anything out so If I need any I'll just have her bring me some.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    I got FA custard prem.... I’ve pulled a big handful of possible recipes. But.... does anyone have a recipe using it that you think is a real winner? This is one flavor I’d hate to even waste on a bad 10ml tester recipe

This one was pretty well received ... provided you enjoy lemon vapes:

https:// e-liquid- recipes . com/recipe/2979156/Lemondowski

You'll have to remove the spaces I added so the link wouldn't be obscured, lol.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    This one was pretty well received ... provided you enjoy lemon vapes:

https:// e-liquid- recipes . com/recipe/2979156/Lemondowski

You'll have to remove the spaces I added so the link wouldn't be obscured, lol.
    Thank you! Printing it out now (also saved to my ELR account)

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Georgia
    I already relegated one of them to the bone box. INW's Chocolate. This one tastes like soap too.

I was wondering if you'd like that one. It's a shame too because they HAD the best Milk Chocolate flavor not that long ago but a reformulation turned it into, at best, a tootsie roll flavor. :(

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I was wondering if you'd like that one. It's a shame too because they HAD the best Milk Chocolate flavor not that long ago but a reformulation turned it into, at best, a tootsie roll flavor. :(
    But I like tootsie rolls..........

Reactions: Bronze

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I’m trying to get motivated to do something more fun than housework. We have a cocktail reception tonight which requires three of my very least favorite things.... lots of people (who Himself will know, but I don’t mostly), a cocktail dress (the worst clothing option ever... I own exactly one dress, which I bought for my daughters wedding. So, easy/only choice), and pantyhose (super worst). Maybe mixing will distract me. Right now, I’m just working myself into a panic attack thinking about going tonight.
    I hate pantyhose and refuse to wear them any more. Although some outfits look best with them. I have to dress professionally every work day. I’m up by 5 am, dressed with makeup and hair done by 6 am, and at work by 6:30. Although I get tired of it, I feel great once it’s all done. Feel ready for the day. I won’t miss it once I retire though. Hope you have some fun tonight.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I hate pantyhose and refuse to wear them any more. Although some outfits look best with them. I have to dress professionally every work day. I’m up by 5 am, dressed with makeup and hair done by 6 am, and at work by 6:30. Although I get tired of it, I feel great once it’s all done. Feel ready for the day. I won’t miss it once I retire though. Hope you have some fun tonight.
    Being retired, makeup may be as much as bb cream and a touch of blush usually. Or just moisturizer lol. I have shockingly successfully lined, shadowed and mascaraed my eyes. Hopefully I can remember I have it on till we leave, and keep my grubby hands away from my eyes :cry:

One Frenzy is charged and full of “high test” unflavored for stealth purposes. The other Frenzy, for the drive has “regular test” (aka 6mg) figgy cheesecake.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I'm beginning to think that I'm never going to get the 4ml zlide from FT. It cleared customs on the 12th.

You and me, Hitt. We're in the same boat. My Solo has been sitting somewhere in LA since Nov.11...
    Just because it says processed thru that does not mean customs did not hold onto it. The only way to know is to take the tracking number to your po and ask the postmaster. They look at a different system than we see. They can tell you if customs has it or not. If so that means its in a ware house somewhere and doubtul you will ever receive it. Best thing is put a ticket in to ft and ask them to check with po so it can be declared lost so you get your money back. Sorry. I went thru this and had to wait the time allotted by ft amd po. I did get my money back from them. It just took a couple of months.

Thanks for the info, Sugar. I sent an email to the USPS and they responded:

"After checking the tracking information for package (LW801216725CN), I would advise filing an international package claim online at USPS.com. This package was last scanned at the international hub on 11/11/2019 and could stuck in customs."

They didn't tell me for sure that the customs has my package... So I'm probably going to file an international package claim with the USPS first. This is so annoying. Then I'll try FT... I never waited longer than 5 days or so after the package had arrived in LA.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I got FA custard prem.... I’ve pulled a big handful of possible recipes. But.... does anyone have a recipe using it that you think is a real winner? This is one flavor I’d hate to even waste on a bad 10ml tester recipe

28bccb6bb4a6c55bd9c07e7c06fb7941.png
    f36e0e07af19e8536d778965ef8ef8eb.png

Users who are viewing this thread