rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I braved a trip to the grocery. Some people weren't following the 6' rule but most were wearing masks and some had gloves. Store out of a lot of stuff and had limits on canned goods, paper products. I bought 3 x's normal so hope I don't need to go out again anytime soon. I did manage to find anti virus spray cleaner and disposable gloves.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I'm not a TP hoarder, but I do have a good reserve stock. Luckily I had like 6 super mega rolls of the good stuff already when I came back to MI. Over the past 2+ weeks I've always looked for TP and it's usually barren and empty. I've scored twice since I've arrived at the dollar store. One of the workers informed me the first time when a truck was coming in, so I went in and got myself a 12 pack of some good stuff, and only that. There was plenty more to swipe, but I don't want to be that guy. A week later they had some more in stock, so I figured why not, I'll get another 12er. I'm still working on my super mega rolls. I guess we've entered a strange new era..

My 85 year old father in law is “ that guy” to a certain extent. He won’t stay home just because that’s how he’s always been and is buying TP when it’s available. However, he’s offered to share with us and my brother in law so in his mind he’s buying for three families. We haven’t had to get any from him yet but it’s nice he’s offered. I’ve never seen someone his age as active as he is.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I can’t believe it. I went on amazon and purchased some tp with prime free shipping even. I’ll believe it only when I get a shipped notification. Wow. One for us and one for mom and dad. I hope this comes through.

What kind? Hopefully it isn’t like the sandpaper my boss buys for work.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I survived Aldi. It was very busy but everyone but one or two people were social distancing. One guy just looked lost and was getting too close looking for whatever he was after. If I needed to go around someone then I asked if it was ok first and everyone was courteous. They were very well stocked. It seemed to me that they had more than normal of some stuff. The only thing I saw a limit on was meat.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Good Morning Random Mixers!

Looking forward to my SIL coming over. In 2017 I got very sick and was on full life support for 5 days and was not expected to live. My wife had to move out of our house at the time since it was sold but she couldn't buy another because I couldn't sign the papers. So everyone helped her move everything into storage and she went to her son's house. My SIL really helped a lot so my wife gave him one of my guns. He no longer needs it (he bought one in another caliber) so he's bringing it back to me. It's like getting an old friend back!

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Good morning random folks :) Have you any plans today?
    Closet cleaning. If y’all don’t hear from me again, I’m buried under mounds of jeans, tees and fishing shirts. All has to be tried on and sorted to keep/trash/donate/or store.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    What kind? Hopefully it isn’t like the sandpaper my boss buys for work.
    It was actually Cottonelle. I’m still not sure though. I saw it and it said 16 available. I put it in my cart and tried to check out and it said currently unavailable. I went back and put it in my cart and it worked. I’m not hopeful but we’ll see. I’ll be happy if I get a shipping notification.

Last edited:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I braved a trip to the grocery. Some people weren't following the 6' rule but most were wearing masks and some had gloves. Store out of a lot of stuff and had limits on canned goods, paper products. I bought 3 x's normal so hope I don't need to go out again anytime soon. I did manage to find anti virus spray cleaner and disposable gloves.
    I get to go this afternoon for my contactless pickup. I hope I got most of my order this time. Even without having tp/cleaners/eggs/milk/bread in the last order, I only got about 2/3s. I really miss going to the grocery.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    My 85 year old father in law is “ that guy” to a certain extent. He won’t stay home just because that’s how he’s always been and is buying TP when it’s available. However, he’s offered to share with us and my brother in law so in his mind he’s buying for three families. We haven’t had to get any from him yet but it’s nice he’s offered. I’ve never seen someone his age as active as he is.
    Him and my mom. She’s been doing 4 hours of yard work every morning. I don’t know how she keeps it up at 85. She was out pickaxing the other day and a neighbor offered to do it and let her supervise from the second floor deck. She was indignant lol. Told me she turned him down because she didn’t think he was in shape to handle it lol. He’s a distance bike rider in his late 30s!

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    My son and I just went down to the basement. We disinfected all the food down there and made a staging area on the pool table. I’m thankful we have plenty of food. That does not include my full pantry upstairs. Hopefully I won’t have to go back “out there” for a while to go shopping. I’m glad I started early and went often the first week of March before things started getting bare.

I’m freezing everything like meats and bread. I’ve learned a new appreciation for no food waste, for freezing and using everything, for cutting back on using stuff like paper products, and for keeping a nice supply of things even when there is no virus. I want to buy a freezer for the basement after all this is over so we will always have room. My fridge freezer is stuffed too much.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Him and my mom. She’s been doing 4 hours of yard work every morning. I don’t know how she keeps it up at 85. She was out pickaxing the other day and a neighbor offered to do it and let her supervise from the second floor deck. She was indignant lol. Told me she turned him down because she didn’t think he was in shape to handle it lol. He’s a distance bike rider in his late 30s!
    Stubborn lady. Good for her!!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Sorry dear mixers I can't get caught up. Woke late and SUCH a week, holy GOD. I have tons to do but I may not even get it done in all day is how it may be. Gorrr.

Cottonelle is all mu mom uses (she has Crone's disease..) She actually travels with is. My bother got here theses as a gift. oh F it I cant find them.

Ignore this it's how I am when I oversleep or other random times.

Anaa

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    \
    I'm seriously considering letting my wife cut my hair. I usually get it cut once a month at least and I'm overdue.

I cut my OWN hair (and dye it) but I also cut my own bangs which are chin length. Hair should not touch your mask.

Other than all the MAJOR annoyances etc., I had NO CLUE that one of the big ones would be not turning my hair into an Einstein do. I may shave it all OFF it is SUCH a pain and nothing is working.

Anna

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    It was actually Cottonelle. I’m still not sure though. I saw it and it said 16 available. I put it in my cart and tried to check out and it said currently unavailable. I went back and put it in my cart and it worked. I’m not hopeful but we’ll see. I’ll be happy if I get a shipping notification.
    I got hand sanitizer that way a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread