Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
OK here is the promised recipe.

Acai/Berry Croissant
TFA ACAI 3%
FA Black Currant 1%
WF Croissant 2 1/2%
TFA Graham Clear 1%

Be forewarned that this recipe has a little bite to it and little sweetness.

I really need to get some of the WF Croissant! With my love of bakery, I'm surprised I haven't tried it yet. It sounds so good.

Edited to add: That reminds me I have a box of TJ's Chocolate Croissants in my freezer!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Acai/Berry Croissant
TFA ACAI 3%
FA Black Currant 1%
WF Croissant 2 1/2%
TFA Graham Clear 1%

That Acai gets to the point quickly. If this recipe has a little too much bite for some they may benefit from backing down on the Acai.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Still no power.

Still no power. Twitter has blown up at our power company. Hundreds of dollars of food will be ruined here. I have no desire to spend money on vaping when I've already spent a small fortune on virus stocking and will probably have to start over.
Just don’t open the fridge and you can probably make 24 hours. Or, open once and stick some large frozen food items in to drop the temp. I freeze gallons of water during hurricane season, but a big roast etc would do

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans

Acai/Berry Croissant
TFA ACAI 3%
FA Black Currant 1%
WF Croissant 2 1/2%
TFA Graham Clear 1%

Mixing that today! Had a moment of panic, but I do have FA for the black currant (phew!)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Nothing hot at all. I'm bad at describing @Bronze Can you describe the bite.
Just did. :)

Acai cannot be mistaken for anything but a berry flavor. But it is not your typical raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, blackberry, etc. It's a berry flavor all its own, but a berry flavor it is. I think it's more in the dark berry category like black or blueberry are. But the twist is it has a penetrating flavor. I think that's what Fran means by "bite". Also guessing she used the currant to sand the edge down just a little. The "bite" is not offensive but it's sure to be like any other flavor...too much of a good thing and it gets old. So you want to be mindful of trying to tame it down a smidge or two so as not to overdose on it.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

Acai/Berry Croissant
    TFA ACAI 3%
    FA Black Currant 1%
    WF Croissant 2 1/2%
    TFA Graham Clear 1%

I wish I was home so I could mix it right now. Thanks Fran!

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I'm actually thrilled with the Acai. The bite is a big plus. I'm going to put it up on a throne next to my Rhubarb.:)
    You can probably use a variety of fruits in that raspberry yogurt recipe too. Including Acai. But for starters, you should get the yogurt/vbic base to your liking first before moving on to other fruits.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just did. :)

Acai cannot be mistaken for anything but a berry flavor. But it is not your typical raspberry, blueberry, strawberry, blackberry, etc. It's a berry flavor all its own, but a berry flavor it is. I think it's more in the dark berry category like black or blueberry are. But the twist is it has a penetrating flavor. I think that's what Fran means by "bite". Also guessing she used the currant to sand the edge down just a little. The "bite" is not offensive but it's sure to be like any other flavor...too much of a good thing and it gets old. So you want to be mindful of trying to tame it down a smidge or two so as not to overdose on it.
    My second acai recipe is a cheese biscuit in which I used a bit less acai. I was kinda of doubtful how good second recipe will be but I'm thinking the acai will be great with cheese. Should be a very versatile flavor:thumbs:

Users who are viewing this thread