The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dobroeutro

dobroeutro Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    Syringes, catheters & meat injectors... lol. You guys crack me up... :pervy:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I was asking the infusion nurse the proper way to measure with a syringe, whether the plunger line goes on or above the measurement line. I was asking for DIY.
    It goes on the line.

Their syringes for the pre-med are nice, but I bet they wouldn't let me have a used one. The flushing syringes are the same type as I get at the farm store.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Yep, the dreaded Random DIY Gang... on BCF’s most wanted list for repeatedly sucking the stock shelves dry, feared by commercial juice companies for declining sales... don’t want to face them down in a dark alley :evil:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Looks like they only come with the injectors. But Amazon does have stainless steel tubing. I could probably make one and have a 12" needle so I could get to the bottom of my bottles.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    ROTFL

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. NolaMel

NolaMel ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Mine’s blunt nose o_O. Of course, there’s no telling how long it’s been hanging out in the kitchen drawer. They may have improved them in the last decade or two

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good thing I wasn't taking a drink cause I'd be wearing it:lol:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    That was easy 1/8" inner diameter minimum. Formerly a chopstick, really how many stainless steel chopsticks did I need? I might cut it down some, the "needle" holds about 7ml of air.
    0706181225.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 2
  9. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    The gauge 14 handles vg pretty good and I also use it to fill my tanks. The rest of them are really not usable in DIY. Some use the 18 gauge for flavors and it does work on some really thin ones. I have a few and use them to help me get my rayon in place when rewicking a tank.(lol)

This may be better. Take a look

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CFJ51X4/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01CFJ51X4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=1713835751726239774&pf_rd_r=R927N3P6B79ETDTZX60Y&pd_rd_wg=9r82H&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&pd_rd_w=1swsV&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pd_rd_r=dfb13fd4-8142-11e8-8ef3-63b7862c0680

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Steve wanted me to mix up the TFA Kentucky Bourbon for him.
    He had TFA Berry Mix in his wick...

Well !

Let me tall ya !
    We then added the TFA Berry Mix to his Kentucky Bourbon - it was sooooo good !

1% Kentucky Bourbon
    2% Berry Mix (or more if you want)

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
  11. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Try adding .25% FE Lemon to brighten. It works! FA Lemon Sicily would work as well, but FE doesn't fade.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I've got a couple like these filled with flavors. Mine aren't Dewalt but they look about the same. They are tall enough to let 30ml bottles stand up. You just can't see the labels. When I get motivated(maybe never) I'm going to make labels of what's in each section. I'm to the point where I really need a third one and am storing some flavors in cardboard boxes.

DEWALT 10-Compartment Deep Pro Small Parts Organizer-DWST14825 - The Home Depot

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I've never had a problem with flavorings and 18ga.
    I use 16ga for filling tanks.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    A very good tip I received from @JCinFLA was to stop fighting the needle when trying to pull up vg or other thick liquids.
    Insert the needle into the bottle of vg and pull the plunger to the desired amount you want and wait. The vg or thick liquid will fill the syringe all by itself...It may take a moment or 3 but it does work.

:)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    No more waiting for me:lol:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    Yep...has always worked like a charm for me...no pulling, no struggling, no frustration = no cussing & throwing things. Just allow the basic science ideas regarding creating a vaccuum and filling a void, to "do their thing". :thumbs:

• Like Like x 6
  17. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I can't look at any website now without thinking of potential diy or vape equipment storage uses :rolleyes:

Tackle boxes for RTA/RDA bits & pieces
    Makeup boxes/cases for diy flavourings
    And so on and so on ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    @FranC, I would make two additional suggestions:
    -- Use a fruit you are familiar with; and has a noticeable/recognizable sweetness to it. This should(?) make it easier to tell the effect (if any) on perceived sweetness.

-- If you can bring yourself to do it; add one additional tester using the PEG400 as the only carrier (flavor/nic/PEG only). Feel free to keep the sample size small to minimize waste, in case it is too thin, or too harsh.:D
    @Letitia, what is it about the Sugarcane you weren't impressed with? I have a small sample size coming on my jumbo order.

• Like Like x 6
  19. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Thanks, I added those instead and am getting some 2oz bottles I've been wanting along with a 5 pack of the larger ones someone else suggested.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Simply not a fan of sweeteners in general. If none of my go to usals (pear, meringue, honeysuckle, etc.) aren't working touch of sugar cane helps. I couldn't use the supersweets at all. Haven't tried Sugar Daddy and doubt I will since the sugar cane is working out okay. My cousin loves the sugar cane if I use enough.:lol:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1