hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Syringes I use 3ml for flavors, they go to .1ml, I split the difference for .05ml.
    I use 6ml and 20ml for nicotine and VG. Sometimes 12ml.

I bought a box of 100 of the 3ml because of rubber killing flavorings. They're the ones I can go through most often. The rest I pick up a few when I'm at TSC as I need them.

I use 18ga for flavors. 14ga for VG (could use bigger but I haven't seen any).

You would have a lot of small needles you don't need. I could use them as torch tips or soap scent.
    You would lack a really big syringe for base so you'd have to suck up the base 2 or more times for 30ml unless you're at a PG/VG percentage that has 10ml as your biggest measurement. The 1ml syringes would be good for some things.

Thanks! I always order syringes that I think are big enough to pick up the vg but then I get them and it takes forever.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Syringes I use 3ml for flavors, they go to .1ml, I split the difference for .05ml.
    I use 6ml and 20ml for nicotine and VG. Sometimes 12ml.

I bought a box of 100 of the 3ml because of rubber killing flavorings. They're the ones I can go through most often. The rest I pick up a few when I'm at TSC as I need them.

I use 18ga for flavors. 14ga for VG (could use bigger but I haven't seen any).
    Have you looked in the kitchen section? I use a syringe meant for injecting marinade into meat. Nice big bore needle. To be honest, I use it because it was already here, but it works :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Have you looked in the kitchen section? I use a syringe meant for injecting marinade into meat. Nice big bore needle. To be honest, I use it because it was already here, but it works :)

It's funny you mention that because I was at the grocery store Wednesday with my wife and saw one of those in the barbecue section.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    It's funny you mention that because I was at the grocery store Wednesday with my wife and saw one of those in the barbecue section.
    It’s funny how everything gets examined for its possibilities for use as vaping equipment. My hubs was happy I was enthusiastically looking at tackle boxes with him. But, I was thinking about my tanks and spare parts :lol:

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Syringes, catheters & meat injectors... lol. You guys crack me up... :pervy:

I was asking the infusion nurse the proper way to measure with a syringe, whether the plunger line goes on or above the measurement line. I was asking for DIY.
    It goes on the line.

Their syringes for the pre-med are nice, but I bet they wouldn't let me have a used one. The flushing syringes are the same type as I get at the farm store.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Syringes, catheters & meat injectors... lol. You guys crack me up... :pervy:
    Yep, the dreaded Random DIY Gang... on BCF’s most wanted list for repeatedly sucking the stock shelves dry, feared by commercial juice companies for declining sales... don’t want to face them down in a dark alley :evil:

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA

Looks like they only come with the injectors. But Amazon does have stainless steel tubing. I could probably make one and have a 12" needle so I could get to the bottom of my bottles.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yep, the dreaded Random DIY Gang... on BCF’s most wanted list for repeatedly sucking the stock shelves dry, feared by commercial juice companies for declining sales... don’t want to face them down in a dark alley :evil:
    ROTFL

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Looks like they only come with the injectors. But Amazon does have stainless steel tubing. I could probably make one and have a 12" needle so I could get to the bottom of my bottles.
    Mine’s blunt nose o_O. Of course, there’s no telling how long it’s been hanging out in the kitchen drawer. They may have improved them in the last decade or two

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    That was easy 1/8" inner diameter minimum. Formerly a chopstick, really how many stainless steel chopsticks did I need? I might cut it down some, the "needle" holds about 7ml of air.
    0706181225.jpg

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I kinda like this set but am not sure if the needles are big enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Sets-Syringe...0889248&sr=8-11-spons&keywords=syringes&psc=1
    The gauge 14 handles vg pretty good and I also use it to fill my tanks. The rest of them are really not usable in DIY. Some use the 18 gauge for flavors and it does work on some really thin ones. I have a few and use them to help me get my rayon in place when rewicking a tank.(lol)

This may be better. Take a look

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CFJ51X...&pd_rd_r=dfb13fd4-8142-11e8-8ef3-63b7862c0680

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    Steve wanted me to mix up the TFA Kentucky Bourbon for him.
    He had TFA Berry Mix in his wick...

Well !

Let me tall ya !
    We then added the TFA Berry Mix to his Kentucky Bourbon - it was sooooo good !

1% Kentucky Bourbon
    2% Berry Mix (or more if you want)

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I added 2% Black Tea to my Cucumber tea to fix sweetness and it worked but the mix is kinda blah. Same with my Fizzy Cucumber. They both need something for a brighter flavor.

Try adding .25% FE Lemon to brighten. It works! FA Lemon Sicily would work as well, but FE doesn't fade.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I've got a couple like these filled with flavors. Mine aren't Dewalt but they look about the same. They are tall enough to let 30ml bottles stand up. You just can't see the labels. When I get motivated(maybe never) I'm going to make labels of what's in each section. I'm to the point where I really need a third one and am storing some flavors in cardboard boxes.

DEWALT 10-Compartment Deep Pro Small Parts Organizer-DWST14825 - The Home Depot

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    The gauge 14 handles vg pretty good and I also use it to fill my tanks. The rest of them are really not usable in DIY. Some use the 18 gauge for flavors and it does work on some really thin ones. I have a few and use them to help me get my rayon in place when rewicking a tank.(lol)

This may be better. Take a look

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CFJ51X...&pd_rd_r=dfb13fd4-8142-11e8-8ef3-63b7862c0680

I've never had a problem with flavorings and 18ga.
    I use 16ga for filling tanks.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    A very good tip I received from @JCinFLA was to stop fighting the needle when trying to pull up vg or other thick liquids.
    Insert the needle into the bottle of vg and pull the plunger to the desired amount you want and wait. The vg or thick liquid will fill the syringe all by itself...It may take a moment or 3 but it does work.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread