Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I know! I can vape anything (except floral). That's why I make large batches. And also why nobody should listen to my reviews. :laugh:
If you enjoy food as much as your vapes you'd weigh 400 pounds.

I can't win. Just got the check and just found out I had a tree fall on my KY property so I will have to use the money to get the tree out of there. :eek::(
:facepalm:

Reactions: Skeebo

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
If you mean the hazelnut with strawberry... yes. I can't suggest a % of hazelnut to use because I used a "candy" flavor concentrate (safe... no oils) and it's weaker than vape flavors. I'll try to find the discussion and see if they mention %.
I mixed the strawberry shortcake, 30ml bottle, added 2 drops of hazelnut.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@PJReid Pam,I consider you the Gin expert in these parts . Any ideas on a very simple (3-5) ingredient recipe for a Gin and Tonic. Also Gin/GingerAle?

I have never used Ginger Ale in anything though I do have it. I use RF Soda Base for fizz. All of my gin and tonic recipes have lime or lemon in them. My favorite recipes with gin and tonic are in Zazie's Blog. I think they are all on the same page because I played around with the VTA Botanical Gin and the VTA Tonic Water when I first got them. This is my favorite for Gin & Tonic. It isn't a 3 to 5 ingredient recipe but close. :)

Gin & Tonic
Aurora (FA) .5%
Botanical Gin (VTA) 4%
Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) .5%
Soda Base (SC) (Real Flavors) 2%
Tonic Water (VTA) 3%
WS-23 30% .75% (lower or higher, depending on how much ice you like)

This is good as an S&V, but better with a 7 day steep.

Aurora also brings fizz and pure lime zest. It is not like any other lime out there. It is pure magic in a cocktail vape.

Lime Tahity is here for the refreshing, tart, and realistic lime juice.

VTA Botanical Gin tastes like a well balanced, high-end gin with some citrus and just enough juniper to not be overpowering. The botanicals come through with a 7 day steep.

Soda Base brings the fizz and also some mouthfeel and texture and wetness that stands up to the drier flavors of Aurora and Tonic Water. The fizz holds up in a steep. Soda Base is sweet but doesn’t impart much sweetness to this mix for my tastes.

VTA Tonic Water has a light quinine bitterness that peaks at the end of the vape. It starts off wet but becomes dry at the end of the vape due to the bitterness. The missing component in the Tonic Water is fizz. The quinine flavor develops at day 7.

WS-23 is there for the ice since a Gin & Tonic is On The Rocks! Use the amount that gives you the right amount of ice. If you fill your glass with ice, use more. If you drop in one ice cube, use less.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Had to go to Lowe's a couple days ago. There was a guy standing at the door, wearing a black tactical facemask, open carry 1911 on his hip, screening people coming in the door. Wild.

Just, WOW! That's all.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have never used Ginger Ale in anything though I do have it. I use RF Soda Base for fizz. All of my gin and tonic recipes have lime or lemon in them. My favorite recipes with gin and tonic are in Zazie's Blog. I think they are all on the same page because I played around with the VTA Botanical Gin and the VTA Tonic Water when I first got them. This is my favorite for Gin & Tonic. It isn't a 3 to 5 ingredient recipe but close. :)

Gin & Tonic
    Aurora (FA) .5%
    Botanical Gin (VTA) 4%
    Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) .5%
    Tonic Water (VTA) 3%
    WS-23 30% .75% (lower or higher, depending on how much ice you like)

This is good as an S&V, but better with a 7 day steep.

Aurora also brings fizz and pure lime zest. It is not like any other lime out there. It is pure magic in a cocktail vape.

Lime Tahity is here for the refreshing, tart, and realistic lime juice.

VTA Botanical Gin tastes like a well balanced, high-end gin with some citrus and just enough juniper to not be overpowering. The botanicals come through with a 7 day steep.

Soda Base brings the fizz and also some mouthfeel and texture and wetness that stands up to the drier flavors of Aurora and Tonic Water. The fizz holds up in a steep. Soda Base is sweet but doesn’t impart much sweetness to this mix for my tastes.

VTA Tonic Water has a light quinine bitterness that peaks at the end of the vape. It starts off wet but becomes dry at the end of the vape due to the bitterness. The missing component in the Tonic Water is fizz. The quinine flavor develops at day 7.

WS-23 is there for the ice since a Gin & Tonic is On The Rocks! Use the amount that gives you the right amount of ice. If you fill your glass with ice, use more. If you drop in one ice cube, use less.
    Thank you. I’ll have to sub fruit but I can do grapefruit. I can figure out the GingerAle. Wasen’t sure if you had tried that or not

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Thank you. I’ll have to sub fruit but I can do grapefruit. I can figure out the GingerAle. Wasen’t sure if you had tried that or not

Grapefruit Gin on the Rocks
    Botanical Gin (VTA) 4%
    Grapefruit (FA) 2%
    Ruby Red Grapefruit (Natural) (FW) 2.5%
    White Grapefruit (INAWERA) .25%
    WS-23 30% .75%

Maybe Ginger Ale could be subbed for the Soda Base. I don't see why that wouldn't work. I have also made this using Pink Guava with good results. It is a shame that you don't do lime because, for me, Aurora is the magic in these cocktail mixes.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Grapefruit Gin on the Rocks
    Botanical Gin (VTA) 4%
    Grapefruit (FA) 2%
    Ruby Red Grapefruit (Natural) (FW) 2.5%
    White Grapefruit (INAWERA) .25%
    WS-23 30% .75%

Maybe Ginger Ale could be subbed for the Soda Base. I don't see why that wouldn't work. I have also made this using Pink Guava with good results. It is a shame that you don't do lime because, for me, Aurora is the magic in these cocktail mixes.
    I vaped way to much peppermint/lime years back. I can still vape peppermint but not the lime. I will try the grapefruit version above. Thanks:)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    We got ours have not filed this year's taxes yet so it was you know, double.

I suppose I should vaguely figure out what to do with it, but after FMLA stuff and dealing with the student loan well I should bathe and do yoga to better myself but "talks about money" shall not occur.... Etc.

Anna

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    5% Expresso Capellas
    3%Ry4D TFA
    2% Vanilla Bourbon TFA
    1% AP TFA

Morning Coffee

1% FA Express
    .5% Capellas Cup o Joe
    1% Irish Cream
    2% Catalan Cream
    1% Vienna Cream

I'm sorry I don't have much for coffee recipes left.
    Got a name for that first one, Fran?

Users who are viewing this thread