Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It is sweet and not really tart or have a good citrus bite. I guess I keep expecting to find an orange flavor that tastes like a real orange. I did mix it with some cookie and it was better. Maybe it’s better in a mix than sft.
    How sweet is the MB Grape?

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I know from personal experience how much digging sucks. Glad you have a friend with a backhoe.:thumb:
    There was a time when I enjoyed digging ditches, but that time has passed :p. We have a lot of field stone here with clay soil, a backhoe makes life so much easier. I'd like to own one, but the type of work I do doesn't justify the cost of ownership or maintenance.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    There was a time when I enjoyed digging ditches, but that time has passed :p. We have a lot of field stone here with clay soil, a backhoe makes life so much easier. I'd like to own one, but the type of work I do doesn't justify the cost of ownership or maintenance.
    I can't say I ever enjoyed digging a ditch. Thankfully only one.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I can't say I ever enjoyed digging a ditch. Thankfully only one.
    When I was in my 20's I felt invincible, I really enjoyed working outside. Didn't matter what it was, if it was outside I loved doing it, rain or shine, hot or cold. Years of overdoing it caught up to me, but it was great while it lasted. I wouldn't trade those experiences.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    When I was in my 20's I felt invincible, I really enjoyed working outside. Didn't matter what it was, if it was outside I loved doing it, rain or shine, hot or cold. Years of overdoing it caught up to me, but it was great while it lasted. I wouldn't trade those experiences.
    I think the toughest job I did in my younger years was build the whole block foundation for the house we were building. I lugged all the blocks and mixed all the cement too. Beginners luck I’m sure but it came up square. Rough work for a little girl 110 lbs.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I think the toughest job I did in my younger years was build the whole block foundation for the house we were building. I lugged all the blocks and mixed all the cement too. Beginners luck I’m sure but it came up square. Rough work for a little girl 110 lbs.
    That's work alright.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I am not afraid of manual labor whatsoever. But I do feel my age. It takes me three hours to cut/edge/weedeat/blow my yard. I live on a hill so my little 0.4 acres is tough to do. Feels like I'm mountain climbing while weedeating the front. I could get a riding lawn mower for the back (not the front) but I just don't want to deal with it. It could be I'm a little out of shape as well. I longingly look at the hired help from my two adjacent neighbors. Takes them maximum of 30 minutes to cut much larger yards. I'm too cheap to hire it out, and they would charge me an arm and a leg to cut this difficult yard. I keep telling myself cutting my own yard will keep me healthy. Until it kills me. :lol:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I am not afraid of manual labor whatsoever. But I do feel my age. It takes me three hours to cut/edge/weedeat/blow my yard. I live on a hill so my little 0.4 acres is tough to do. Feels like I'm mountain climbing while weedeating the front. I could get a riding lawn mower for the back (not the front) but I just don't want to deal with it. It could be I'm a little out of shape as well. I longingly look at the hired help from my two adjacent neighbors. Takes them maximum of 30 minutes to cut much larger yards. I'm too cheap to hire it out, and they would charge me an arm and a leg to cut this difficult yard. I keep telling myself cutting my own yard will keep me healthy. Until it kills me. :lol:
    I also logged with first husband and we ended up with a sawmill. Worked there too. I’m still small and stubborn but no longer mighty.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I also logged with first husband and we ended up with a sawmill. Worked there too. I’m still small and stubborn but no longer mighty.
    I bet you are still a little spitfire Fran! :wub: I'm glad you mentioned logging. I need to get some trees cut. I have a dead one in the back and two shrubs that turned into trees in the front that need cut down. I also need some trees trimmed of their lower branches. Got my hair yanked out yesterday trying to mow under them. I'm tempted to get them all cut down. They cause more problems than they are worth...but I do love it when they all get leaves and it blocks me from my neighbors in back. Good neighbors though...just like privacy.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I bet you are still a little spitfire Fran! :wub: I'm glad you mentioned logging. I need to get some trees cut. I have a dead one in the back and two shrubs that turned into trees in the front that need cut down. I also need some trees trimmed of their lower branches. Got my hair yanked out yesterday trying to mow under them. I'm tempted to get them all cut down. They cause more problems than they are worth...but I do love it when they all get leaves and it blocks me from my neighbors in back. Good neighbors though...just like privacy.
    I can be but my temper is slower these days. :lol: Don't blame you for liking your privacy. Neighbors everywhere here but houses aren't really close. Dd has a large back yard with a tall fence at the back so it is pretty private.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    How sweet is the MB Grape?

The jury is still out on the MB queen grapes. The fantasy grape tastes like Fanta grape soda to me which I always liked but haven't had in a long time.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The jury is still out on the MB queen grapes. The fantasy grape tastes like Fanta grape soda to me which I always liked but haven't had in a long time.
    Soda is sweet so I'm assuming the fantasy grape is sweet also?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    GOOD Morning Random People!

Feeling pretty good, hope you are too!

Just made a purchase on Amazon that will drive the wife nuts, it's a external storage ssd drive for my Xbox that cost $200. Faster load times is huge!
    Good morning, DL :) Doing ok here.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Merry Monday, mixers :)

Nice overnight rain, not dripping atm, but more to come. Off and on for the week, but probably with enough sun breaks that the weeds will reach waist height before it's dry enough to mow again...

nq200427.gif

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Merry Monday, mixers :)

Nice overnight rain, not dripping atm, but more to come. Off and on for the week, but probably with enough sun breaks that the weeds will reach waist height before it's dry enough to mow again...

nq200427.gif

It was 97 here yesterday, have to fire up the AC at some point. I doubt it'll get anything but hotter from here on out.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    It was 97 here yesterday, have to fire up the AC at some point. I doubt it'll get anything but hotter from here on out.
    At 97 my AC would already be on with our humidity here. We are having perfect weather. Cool nights with mid 70 days. Just perfect! No heat, no AC, windows open, and I had the lowest electric bill I've had in ages. But what a pain in the :censored: to change my cc number for paying all my bills due to the hackers. Just finished up. grrr

Users who are viewing this thread