The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I forgot what % you use? I went with 3%.

• Like Like x 2
  2. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    I'm thinking about trying some N.E.T.s, is Stixx Mixx a good choice?
    Do they gunk up the coils?

• Like Like x 4
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    My mommy is making me call for like an urgent care appointment and the lady was an ER doc and kept wanting me to go to the hospital. She was pretty cool. She kept explaining why tests were false negative which was kind of interesting. She really, really wants me to go to the hospital. I kept explaining that was not going to happen as it would involve driving far far far and I was gonna see my PCP tomorrow. She was not super happy about it but she prescribed a Z pack. She reviewed my symptom length of illness and current numbers etc. She said she is 100% positive I am plunging into bad place and may end up hospitalized and I was like, um I think I can wait for my PCP office tomorrow. She gave me a Z- pack cuz it's broad spectrum I was like, well it may work it's worked before if my numbers drop I will have to drive somewhere. No steroids I guess they are bad for Covid etc.

I guess we will see how tomorrow goes. Ugh. I suppose it is good I talked to a doc. My mom is likely gonna call me in a bit and implore me to go .I just hate hospitals THEY SUCK.

I think I can wait a day, dude.

If things get worse I guess I am packing up to go. Ugh.

Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 11
  4. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Usually 4%

• Like Like x 3
  5. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I’ve liked most of the stixx nets I’ve tried. Some are good solo and some are better in mixes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good source-yes .....gunk-no

• Like Like x 4
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You can't possibly hate drs and hospitals more than me. If you need to go then bite the bullet and do it.

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I thought so.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Criminy. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I will. If anything gets worse I will go.

IDK I hate them pretty severely. My dumb public health doc did not like my Seroquel cholesterol numbers and despite my imploring him NOT to (I tried it once and talked to dead pepe all night and my GOOD east cost Pdoc was like "Never take Abilify again.") He was all like, "Oh it acts differently at different numbers I will prescribe you 3 times as much you will be fine." I was like, "Oh dude I don't think this sounds good at ALL."

About a week later I was super manic an was fleeing.... Everyone... Like I took batteries out of my phone and dyed me and my kid's hair and changed clothes and was just LEAVING. So, I crashed in NM and when I feel bad I am like "Take your meds" I am MED compliant but eventually I lost time and I came too, and peered at my sleeping kiddo and was like, "Um my child is not safe with me since I am not safe myself." I called my family to my aid. They were not super nice. I kinda don't blame them.

Anyway I would up hospitalized (had a fever of 106 from o/d on Depakote not on purpose. and for 6 weeks with a doc trying to kill me. Seriously he put me on like 17 meds. He did not like women who cursed it was not SEEMLY . So like, my telling him "FU:censored: you, I'm no here to meet YOUR moth:censored:ing dependency needs l am the god:censored:m patient did they not tell you about that at whatever sh:censored:tty med school you went attended in the middle east?" (He was a Muslim dude.) That's bad like, I mean it's hard to form am alliance with you provider, so I was involuntary for six weeks.

I think the worst (as my mom was trying to obtain custody of my kid too, but she couldn't because I was the sole custodian or my ex would get him so she had to change her tune and be like, "My daughter, when not ill, is one of the best moms I ever met." Well one day I sat at the tiny crooked pane of glass they frosted it crooked and well a chipmunk would come and groom his whiskers on the cracked pavement outside .You could see a new pair of shoes. I was so despairing I just sat there, pulling hairs out of my head, thinking about m woes. I was pretty catatonic and did not feel a thing. I tried to break out the day before but you really can't.

They told the husband I was "Too sick to see him that day." He was awesome I heard him yelling all the way down the hall, "You can keep her in, yes but keep me out?" He just looked at my pile of hair and led me to the quiet room (which was forbidden) and I had a gigantic fit explaining my woes and how I tried to break out and failed, and well I stomped on my useless glass and decided to leave. But, I looked back at the patient husband he was like ,"Done, Anna?" and I collapsed on top him just BAWLING. I wanted my kid SO BAD. This social worker poked his head in and was like "No touching you too. My husband had a fit and was like, "Sometimes people NEED to be touched, to be loved, you think she's in a condition to DO anything do you? Shut the damn door if it bothers you so much." The social worker ACTUALLY DID it.

Anyway after 6 weeks of this insane crap, like the mental health rights people got a judge to come and I was transferred by my request to State where RATHER ironically they gave me 3 times the recommended dose of Seroquel while detoxing off ALL the other meds. Then, I had to fight for a year (this is short for CPS but we had a new worker who was just like "They paid for my education the minute I can I am OUT of here.") She could see the deal and difference between my mom's care and mine. It was pretty terrifying at times but seriously one of the worst years of my life.

My psychiatrist was so HORRIFIED at his mistake, he was like "Do you want another doc?" I was like, "YOU BROKE me you can fix me."

Oddly enough cholesterol was not mentioned AGAIN heh. When I quit smoking it went to normal anyway.

So yeah I don't trust hospitals one bit but GET why you hate them @FranC mom, so I will go I promise. I mean I won't be on the psych unit I ASSSUME. LOL. I better not be. Etc.

Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  11. dennism

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Thanks, the gunk is important to me.

• Like Like x 3
  12. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    To me also.

• Like Like x 2
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If you like to mix fruit with your NETs I would suggest Aged Burley or Honduran Ligero. I think my fav for that now is the Aged Burley

• Like Like x 4
  14. dennism

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    The only experience I've had with NETS is from HHV,(premixed) years ago. This will be a new experience for me.

• Like Like x 4
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Man I thought I found my favorite ever one shot but I didn't. It's driving me nuts man, I can't remember what it is. The one I mixed is nice, lovely even. But it's not the one I bought that I was like WOAH at.

Maybe I can check my Chef's order (number two) and see if any descriptions jog my memory.

I so want to try the mango Lassi but that requires another setup. I got a new RTA I wanted to try that looks easy but I'm tired I could see it going badly. IDK.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  17. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    ok so that wasn't probably a good idea
    with my immunity and energy levels, i've been working on upping my vitamins....
    also needed to up my energy so decided to try ginkgo biloba, L-Tyrosine, and CoQ10
    I probably shouldn't have taken all 3 together....got a headache and feeling a bit off, kind of like too much caffeine too quickly...and kind of all over the place right now
    lol ug i'm now up to 15 vitamins + my 5 daily meds + 3 allergy/sinus meds
    but it's been working, the last time my dr ran tests I was only low on potassium (it's nearly impossible to reach the daily recommended doses) and d3 was low but within the standards.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    so playing with my cheesecake some more, decided to try a bourbon cheesecake...
    not bad....switched out the deep fried pastry dough with biscuit, i think it was throwing the mix off a bit (will test it by itself next)
    diyfs cheesecake 1.25%
    LA cheesecake 1.25%
    PUR new york cheesecake 1.75%
    wf mascarpone cheese 2.75%
    tfa cheesecake graham crust 1.25%
    tfa bavarian cream .75%
    bickford vanilla custard 1.25%
    tfa graham cracker clear 1.75%
    inw biscuit .25%
    river sugar crunch .25%
    tfa kentucky bourbon 2.50%

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I DO NOT FEEL GOOD I AM SICK OF THIS CRAP.

They aren't hospitalizing me! No! That is where you go to die! Like NOOO I hope my ditzy PCP can read my X-ray correctly. I think I'm gonna print out the French treatment and ask for it the one that costs 6 bucks instead fo 3K!

Man though I think I need a lung X-ray for sho. That bit about your "lungs hurting" is totally true. They totally hurt non stop now. Maybe I can call and find out. I don't want to go to the ER but maybe it is pretty quiet. I guess I could go to the ER . It would have to be by myself. The husband is at death's door like going and getting the Walmart stuff. I cannot tell if he is tired, or anxious, or getting sick that would not be cool. He was gone a while.

I will say I was poking through the physician's insert looking for magnesium interactions and I just HATE reading those, although I have read my share. CVS did not include any helpful package info. I did learn it had the prolonged QT thing though and I do not have it. My pdoc said it was a have it or not and since I was taking 3 at the same time I was al golden there. I learned it does not treat gonorreah and then I was like "F this, I am gonna good rx it so there it was 2 hours, so I took it." I will see after dinner, I may call Douglas ER and see what they might do for my condition. It is SO expensive though .I mean a pauper's grave might be less. If my lungs still ache and whatnot I will put it on my table for consideration but I am NOT taking the husband he sucks like a furred creature trapped in a foot trap. I guess if I spent 19 months in traction, relearning how to pee, poop or walk and such I might not like I t either.

I can be pleasant, I can be polite, I know WHY things take the time they do in hospitals and it's insurance plus burn out.

Anna

I do not believe I am going to die but this is MISERY.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
  20. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    BCF always has the 6% off using ECF code.

GremberryFarms (formerly Gremlin DIY) has all FA flavorings at 15% off...no coupon code needed. You can also use the code GREMLIN for 5% off all the time.

OSDIY has an on-going minimum of 12% off using ECF code.

• Like Like x 6