Random DIY mixing and More

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
It smelled (Nonna's cake) VILE. I mixed it with blueberry muffin and I am scared to even air it out the smell is so vile.

I gonna answer this by PM if you don't mind. OT but not in a reasonable way.

Anna
It doesn't smile vile to me, but every recipe I've tried with it did not taste good at all. Which saddens me, because as you know Nonna, in Italian, means grandmother. My maternal one I loved dearly.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Need a little advice.

I’m cloning my favorite store juice because I can’t buy it anymore.

It’s a dual fruit vape, Mango/ Blackberry.

A little sweetener balanced out the Blackberry.

I think I’ve got it: pretty close anyway.

What it needs is a little more body.

I was thinking some Ethyl Maltol to give it that finish.

Any other ideas?

It needs a little something, maybe something creamy?

Any help appreciated.

I use TFA Smooth for that purpose, especially with fruit.

No idea what Smooth is made of.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
What are your recommendations for a strong vanilla flavor? Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors, and my vanilla stash is relatively small. I have WF Tahitian Vanilla Cream, WF Vanilla Cream, CAP Vanilla Custard, and FA Vanilla Bourbon.

What strong vanillas do you all recommend for my stash, please?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
A little ethyl maltol is a good thing sometimes you can get more mouthfeel without too much muting.
Why can't you go see your real PCP?

@FranC he's not my "real" PCP any more, I live in a different county and my PCP has to be in my county. So I have the freaking DOPE Sean (I thought his name was Kevin it's not, ) Sean Spurr, DO, my worthless PCP. IF and by the time I could change my doc and find someone intelligent I will probably not have insurance anymore so meh. I guess I should give SS a call. I have no idea how it works in Cochise county but some medicare might be wise.

I am a badass though, I went to freaking Walmart listening to my newest obsessional mental illness singer who kind of rocks but is also terrifyingly uh, sad:

Anyway so like afterward I sat in the car crying to the song, because I said "Farewell" to the Walmart Greeter and realized I was currently INCAPACITATED from doing HER job, and to be fair, yeah, it's a sad song but like, mostly I felt RATHER pathetic.

Then I got home and told my husband like, my experience and he started crying because he didn't think he could get the State Farm letter done, due to his PTSD. In any case I was like, "Oh we are a sad pair." So I climbed onto the mat at the husband's suggestion (he was like, "stretch" he does not understand the isomorphic issue) but in pretty short order I had tortured myself into doing splits up against the wall and I was like, "THAT IS IT COVID NO MORE ADVIL" and I was like, CRYING OUT TO THE LORD A LOT but I was like, "Come on you can handle PAIN you had A CHILD some yoga without Advil is possible and eventually like the endorphins will kick in probably MORE."

Then I smoked a cigarette with the husband in case like, it would help beat the COVID too I mean people are saying ALL sorts of stuff. But mainly I did it because I SO DESIRED and I was like "if this one cigarette makes the difference between life and death well holy CRUD I mean ah, at least it tasted awesome." I was like, "I don't think I will make a habit of this" although I will note my respiratory system feels scorched in kind of a good way.

But no more Advil UNLES I decide being hospitalized is wise but based on my experiences so far, I think if I took it 4 or 5 times a day, I could get my fever up to 105 in no time. So that is reserved for desperate times. I have decided to KILLL COVID harder than it is killing me and if that mean PAIN every day well I am an active person and sometimes that hurts.

I'm also keeping the abx around and I RESERVE the right to use them. I might not normally but having NO medical care essentially is starting to become annoying and so I am reserving my rights like, to DO WHAT I WANT because it is NOT like I have anyone offering to HELP me with this.

To be fair, I have read accounts of like, docs themselves feeling helpless and angry like this by week five. I am just a more creative and lateral thinker. Also not a doc and I have NEVER been this sick before (other than mentally ill) and that's a whole different skill set. I think I gotta just IGNORE everything and pretend I am healthy until I AM.

Yep.

Anna

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Is the Vineyard on grapes?

568d6094408ec42937e78f6b3d864424.jpg

I left out the ws23. I want to try it without first.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    What are your recommendations for a strong vanilla flavor? Vanilla is one of my favorite flavors, and my vanilla stash is relatively small. I have WF Tahitian Vanilla Cream, WF Vanilla Cream, CAP Vanilla Custard, and FA Vanilla Bourbon.

I enjoy vanilla bean ice cream but again I’m no expert and have definitely not tried them all. I have inw shisha vanilla coming and I’ve heard good things about it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

TFA Vanilla Swirl
    INW Shisha Vanilla

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Smooth intrigues me so it’s on my wishlist.

Somebody once said that it has tobacco in it. I never tasted that though, and I don't like tobacco flavor. Later it came up in a discussion and somebody else said it didn't contain tobacco. Several people have said you shouldn't use it at more than 1%, so that's what I use. Whatever, I like the effect it has on fruit flavors.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Somebody once said that it has tobacco in it. I never tasted that though, and I don't like tobacco flavor. Later it came up in a discussion and somebody else said it didn't contain tobacco. Several people have said you shouldn't use it at more than 1%, so that's what I use. Whatever, I like the effect it has on fruit flavors.
    I have Smooth. Had a habit of picking up additives and never using them. What would use say it does for fruits?

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Smooth intrigues me so it’s on my wishlist.

I've been using the same little 10mL bottle of Smooth (only a drop or 2 at a time per 30-50mL when needed) ever since I started DIY about 5 years ago. It takes away the "bite" or harshness of a mix, that for some recipes I've tried...is usually caused by various fruits. But it hasn't negatively affected the other flavorings in those mixes, as in dulling them. I don't know what it would do to them used at a higher amount though, 'cause I've never needed more than a few drops at most, even in a 100mL mix.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread