The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    I feel like the peach would make it a little more interesting. I've taken your advice and am letting it steep. If it doesn't improve I'll probably try the peach.

• Like Like x 4
  2. JustWondering1

Aug 29, 2015
    Both of them are newcomers to my stash. I haven't used the distilled, but I like the cold pressed quite a bit. I read the distilled is supposed to have more of a floral note.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Right now I have lime tahity by flavor art, no idea if it's cold pressed distilled or what. It's time for me to restock.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Experimented with floral for a bit . Not for me.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. JustWondering1

Aug 29, 2015
    I made the Dinner Lady Lemon Tart Recipe I found on ELR with the Chemnovatic Lemons. It is really good! The next time I make it I will increase the Chem lemon to 4%. It's funny that there is no merengue in the recipe at all, but I still get a taste of something merengue-like. The only thing I did differently is I used the FA Cookie instead of the Chem Cookie. Should let it steep for 3 days.

DIY Real Dinner Lady Lemon Tart Clone/Remix #5 Almost There by DIY Nightmare

Acetyl Pyrazine (TPA) .50%
    Cookie (Chemnovatic) 1.50% (I used FA Cookie and same %)
    Lemon (Chemnovatic) 3% (I will increase this to 4% next mix)
    Lemon Cream Wafer (Chemnovatic) 5%
    Supersweet (Cap) .50% (I don't remember if I used sweetener at all, but if I did it would have been Stevia or EM)

• Like Like x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. JustWondering1

Aug 29, 2015
    I really like the Honeysuckle I have, but it doesn't cause the ticklish feeling in the back of my throat that I associate with floral flavorings. I once had a rose juice that I really liked except it was too strong. I may try to mix a rose juice at some point, but no rush!

• Like Like x 5
  7. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice PlusOnceMore ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    KAS, your post got me interested in making a milk chocolate. Earlier I looked up many baking and confectionary recipes for making milk chocolate.

Most use a combination of some, but not all, of these ingredients: Coconut (cream, milk or oil). Vanilla extract. Milk powder, sweetened condensed milk or regular milk. Heavy cream. Some use brown sugar, confectioners sugar, or regular sugar. Butter. Most all used both cocoa powder and cocoa butter. Some used chocolate chips.

With those in mind I whipped up 10ml ea of…

FLV Milk Chocolate
    VT White Chocolate (sitting behind/backing up MC)
    VT Milk Fresh
    FLV Sweet Coconut (tiny amount, won't notice it)
    FLV Vanilla Custard (not a real custard)
    INW Biscuit (won't notice it)

WF Chocolate Chunks
    VT White Chocolate
    VT Milk Fresh
    FLV Sweet Coconut
    VT Vanilla Cream
    INW Biscuit

I will know more after a good steep. :)

ETA: Gonna make another one using VT Dark Chocolate.

• Like Like x 10
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Will be interested in how those turn out.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Yes I do (and looking forward to trying it)

• Like Like x 3
  10. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Mine too (but not with devices... just with DIY juices)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Good evening. I got the lawn mowed. Holy cow it’s humid out today. They said today is our coolest day of the week and it’s pretty hot.

I now have three orders of flavors that haven’t been put away or added to my master list. I need to dig through my recipes to see why I ordered some of them. I’ve been trying the white hippo recipe I found on ATF. It’s kind of bland. If I was going to make it again, I’d add more of the two hazelnut flavors.

• Like Like x 7
  12. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Don't be surprised if you like that one better (with all those "creamy" flavors) Not into milk chocolate myself, but love Smores (with the marshmallow and graham)

• Like Like x 4
  13. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Good... we can compare notes (I'm sure it will be too sweet but if I like it, there is a recipe to make your own... just don't add sweetener like Wayne does for ALL his recipes)

• Like Like x 5
  14. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I am interested in the results of these, I think if you come up with a good one there are a lot of people who would be interested. It is going to be a while before I try again, I want to finish my first 2 try's. :|

KAS

• Like Like x 7
  15. ShowMeTwice

Supporting member
    Dark chocolate is made using the same "creamy" ingredients as milk choc. :D
    I like both dark and milk chocolate.

• Like Like x 4
  16. ShowMeTwice

Supporting member
    Very hot and super humid here too. Was going to cut my grass today but it can wait a day or two. It's supposed to be slightly cooler Tue/Wed. If not I'll just go slow and take many water breaks.

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  17. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Man. My day did not go as planned. It was really STRESSFUL actually. NEW credentialing lady had me really confused (I guess my main chick like, is nicer but out today.) NEW credentialing lady was like, "I need verification from your employer and I need a reference from your supervisor. I kind of lied, and was like, "The company does not do references." It was KIND Of a lie, because I never asked her, and never WOULD it would be HORRIFYING. So they were like, "Would she provide a verification of your employment then" which kind of struck me as overkill. They were saying like all the emails were bouncing BACK and I was like "ARGHHHH" are they going to like ignore these requests? Can you even? I also said I would like, call her junior to see if she would complete the form.

THAT was not happening, frankly as I appear to be persona non grata at my work. They are really giant um, turds, honestly. I have temporarily misplaced the ONE thumb drive I really needed because I downloaded ALL my email on to it so a) I would have proof and b) I would have the information I needed. Of course, I cleaned it away somewhere I thought was "Safe." I sent my boss the "verification" email but I got a return message that she is on vacation until July 7th.. HR was ignoring me completely and I was freaking out, dude. So I was like, "I will TRY to get her junior to complete it but I am not sure she would, and she did not return my phone call which I BELIEVE was sent to the "dead to us ex employee line where all such inquires go."

So then I was freaking out and getting ready to go get my stuff, and like, I was all, "I have NO IDEA why they thought it was kosher to pack up my stuff, but they totally did and they removed all useful information like phone numbers but I will get to that. I looked it up and it is actually UNLAWFUL to not respond to a verification of employment in AZ.

So, I told the husband I had a plan of attack. I said to him we would go to the OTHER building first, to try and get at Head Doc and/or his wife to inform them HR was not doing their job, and etc. Like under a pretense. I was like, "OMG, well, (when we arrived at the other building) where they would not let me IN even.) I was like, I can't turn in my computer and/or badge without verification, not after you have packed up all my stuff FOR me which I DID not consent to. So they were like, "Margarita is not here" (she did show up at the other building she was just in meetings and like, I told them I would NOT give up my badge OR computer without like, getting someone in authority to sign that I turned it in.) I said I would return on the morrow if needed. They were all like, speaking in Spanish so Margarita turned up. :I told her sorry to inconvenience her and also that ALL the boxes of stuff I would need to go through to see what was missing.. Lots of stuff, mainly ANY contact at my work. They are ANGRY man.

So I talked to the two supervisors who had just wanted to load my boxes into the like, car and I was like, "Huh?" on the packing. I told them many things were missing and they both lied. I was like, "OH NO, I don't understand why HR said pack it up," (that is what they said. They knew, they were lying.) In any case, I went through the boxes to see what was gone mainly ANYTHING to do with my company. I remained cheerful throughout and told the Margarita management lady she looked great (she had some stomach shrinking thing and has lost 80 lbs.) I barely recognized her. Dude.

I also gave her several things from my stash including a Mexican family of dolls, and this SUPER gigantic set of stamps for her own kids. I don't blame her for following the company line, I mean she had to. My husband was getting restless like, seeing me lied to again and again. But I did get my signed "You owe us nothing now" verification and like, that was that. It was super depressing. :I saw a bunch of staff I liked but well, I'm sorry I did what I had to. I mean....

So then, I just packed up my missing stuff and went home. I got an email form HR about "When would I be going" so they could have my stash in the front room? I don't know what they thought I would do in my office, poop in it?

Anyway so I used that opportunity to remind her of AZ law and she w.as like, "It is completed." I then emailed back and was like, "Great can you send me proof you sent it and a copy of the form? Thank you so much."

But it was 5 pm by then. So meh. : I emailed the credentialing ladies that my boss was on a long vacation, .her junior couldn't do it because she had only been there a few months, and they could either ACCEPT the GLOWING peer references I got from them, and not the HR and her form would be exactly the same, or wait until mid July because it was not my fault she was on vacation and really it would say the same thing so like, uh, why BOTHER? We will see what they say, and whatnot. I really hope they just Let It GO. I also explained my supervisor would have many more important things than a former employee so they'd be looking at mid July but that was up to THEM.

Anyway that email response will probably have to wait until TOMORROW. Etc. We will see.

I did all of that under the tutelage of my sister, I also since the HR lady said "It is completed." Well, that is a horribly vague response so I sent her an email requesting proof of delivery and a copy of the form which I am ALSO entitled to have. I hate that person SO MUCH.

I so just want to FLEE to WV especially after getting my stuff. I mean, it was just disheartening. I don't want to sue them it sounds AWUFL but honestly, I mean, I can only do what is in front of me. Hopefully WV. I guess we will see.

So yeah that ate my whole afternoon and I was sick to my stomach the whole time with stress. I am GLAD I did not do yoga almost. I am pretty fried still.

Gah.

Anna

Keep your fingers crossed, people, like I am either SO close, or so far away. Oh I hope it is SO CLOSE.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  18. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I finally have a wee bit of progress. My bottle of Acai Berry Yogurt is empty. Now once I vape the full tank away I can get another mix. It’s a start.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Mine are still crossed. Really hoping to hear some good news.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  20. ShowMeTwice

Supporting member
    Same with Walmart (and Target) here. All employees had masks on though it's a mixed bag with the customers. About 1/2 with and 1/2 without. In contrast when I go to one of the suburban grocery stores just about everyone is wearing a mask.

The experts say wear masks. I do. Should be done by all especially if they care about others. Should not be optional. I am at a loss with this being made political, like much in that arena, it makes zero sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 7