Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I would agree. I have tried without nic and it just doesn't work. I normally use 12mg in my rtas but have to mix 6mg when testing the high power mods and tanks for reviews. I don't know that I'll ever consistently go lower than 12. I started at 36, went to 32 and 24. From there I was at 20 for a long time and just gradually worked my way down to 12.
    You started way higher than me. I’ve been impressed you could get back to 12mg. I tried 24 but settled with 18mg when I started. I’m down to 6mg with no plans to drop any farther.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    You started way higher than me. I’ve been impressed you could get back to 12mg. I tried 24 but settled with 18mg when I started. I’m down to 6mg with no plans to drop any farther.

While still using the 24mg, I was also using snus and nasal snuff still trying to kick the cigarette habit. I'm surprised I never got nic sick.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Good evening mixers. I don’t know if my tastebuds are on strike or what. I don’t taste the orange at all in the sunshine recipe. I get the lime and a faint citrus note. Maybe fruit mixes without a base just aren’t for me.

Taste is a funny thing. I taste more orange and tangerine than anything else. On the inhale I get a mild lemon/lime taste but on the exhale all I get is orange and tangerine. I am thinking when I make more I will either increase the lime or decrease the oranges. I like it as is, but I want more lime.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I think I would just let it sit/steep for a while. :)

Wouldn't peach make it sharper, maybe even blah?

I feel like the peach would make it a little more interesting. I've taken your advice and am letting it steep. If it doesn't improve I'll probably try the peach.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I'm cofused, Lime Tahity cold pressed or Distilled, What is the difference?

Both of them are newcomers to my stash. I haven't used the distilled, but I like the cold pressed quite a bit. I read the distilled is supposed to have more of a floral note.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Both of them are newcomers to my stash. I haven't used the distilled, but I like the cold pressed quite a bit. I read the distilled is supposed to have more of a floral note.
    Experimented with floral for a bit . Not for me.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I made the Dinner Lady Lemon Tart Recipe I found on ELR with the Chemnovatic Lemons. It is really good! The next time I make it I will increase the Chem lemon to 4%. It's funny that there is no merengue in the recipe at all, but I still get a taste of something merengue-like. The only thing I did differently is I used the FA Cookie instead of the Chem Cookie. Should let it steep for 3 days.

DIY Real Dinner Lady Lemon Tart Clone/Remix #5 Almost There by DIY Nightmare

Acetyl Pyrazine (TPA) .50%
    Cookie (Chemnovatic) 1.50% (I used FA Cookie and same %)
    Lemon (Chemnovatic) 3% (I will increase this to 4% next mix)
    Lemon Cream Wafer (Chemnovatic) 5%
    Supersweet (Cap) .50% (I don't remember if I used sweetener at all, but if I did it would have been Stevia or EM)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    Experimented with floral for a bit . Not for me.

I really like the Honeysuckle I have, but it doesn't cause the ticklish feeling in the back of my throat that I associate with floral flavorings. I once had a rose juice that I really liked except it was too strong. I may try to mix a rose juice at some point, but no rush!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I have been playing with those 2 chocolates also, but I had not tried adding vanilla cream and dairy. I was trying for a Milk chocolate, but never got there. :|
    KAS
    KAS, your post got me interested in making a milk chocolate. Earlier I looked up many baking and confectionary recipes for making milk chocolate.

Most use a combination of some, but not all, of these ingredients: Coconut (cream, milk or oil). Vanilla extract. Milk powder, sweetened condensed milk or regular milk. Heavy cream. Some use brown sugar, confectioners sugar, or regular sugar. Butter. Most all used both cocoa powder and cocoa butter. Some used chocolate chips.

With those in mind I whipped up 10ml ea of…

FLV Milk Chocolate
    VT White Chocolate (sitting behind/backing up MC)
    VT Milk Fresh
    FLV Sweet Coconut (tiny amount, won't notice it)
    FLV Vanilla Custard (not a real custard)
    INW Biscuit (won't notice it)

WF Chocolate Chunks
    VT White Chocolate
    VT Milk Fresh
    FLV Sweet Coconut
    VT Vanilla Cream
    INW Biscuit

I will know more after a good steep. :)

ETA: Gonna make another one using VT Dark Chocolate.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    KAS, your post got me interested in making a milk chocolate. Earlier I looked up many baking and confectionary recipes for making milk chocolate.

Most use a combination of some, but not all, of these ingredients: Coconut (cream, milk or oil). Vanilla extract. Milk powder, sweetened condensed milk or regular milk. Heavy cream. Some use brown sugar, confectioners sugar, or regular sugar. Butter. Most all used both cocoa powder and cocoa butter. Some used chocolate chips.

With those in mind I whipped up 10ml ea of…

FLV Milk Chocolate
    VT White Chocolate (sitting behind/backing up MC)
    VT Milk Fresh
    FLV Sweet Coconut (tiny amount, won't notice it)
    FLV Vanilla Custard (not a real custard)
    INW Biscuit (won't notice it)

WF Chocolate Chunks
    VT White Chocolate
    VT Milk Fresh
    FLV Sweet Coconut
    VT Vanilla Cream
    INW Biscuit

I will know more after a good steep. :)

Will be interested in how those turn out.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good evening. I got the lawn mowed. Holy cow it’s humid out today. They said today is our coolest day of the week and it’s pretty hot.

I now have three orders of flavors that haven’t been put away or added to my master list. I need to dig through my recipes to see why I ordered some of them. I’ve been trying the white hippo recipe I found on ATF. It’s kind of bland. If I was going to make it again, I’d add more of the two hazelnut flavors.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Don't be surprised if you like that one better (with all those "creamy" flavors) Not into milk chocolate myself, but love Smores (with the marshmallow and graham)

Users who are viewing this thread