Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I could see that being a deeply subliminally tale about caution what you plant. Tomatoes have a lot of nic in them though so does eggplant. BOTH things I eat whenever I can.

OMG I just finished the fridge.

I swear, forget making a time travel machine, forget making a teleporter. If I could invent ANYTHING (and I bet it's doable I now want to go on shark tank or whatever) it would be a SELF CLEANING refrigerator.

I mean, you take your stuff out, and then instead of SUFFERING for hours/days depending on how long it was you last cleaned it which for here must have been OVER a year because I found a shriveled cherry in it) WELL, BOOM you just press the "self clean" button and it just SPRAYS hot water and detergent (which you keep filled) and BAM.

Especially because horrible refrigerators have SO many parts, depending on how high end it is there are a MILLION moving parts.

I would be a billionaire. I'm trying to get the husband to think about designing it, but he says I am an idiot.

Yes the woman who cleaned the damn REFRIGERATOR back to NEW because she is an evil cleaning GENIUS and who even PUT down paper towels and wrapped the handles (I know how it is when you stagger inside and you are like "I MUST FREAKING get something to drink") instead of "I should clean me in ANY fashion."

Damn it. Apart from a little picking up and organizing all my tasks are now outside. I was getting ready to like start on the windows but the husband says it is too hot. I think it's probably fine but I have to get to Walmart anyway, we are running out of food, and if I do not get some "KABOOM-- industrial strength" cleaner I might go into like, um withdrawal, lt gets anything up and your hands are fine.

I am not entirely sure I want to continue to live. I suppose the one good thing is like, well, my back hurts slightly less today. It is adjusting to the horror I am putting it through. IDK. The husband gouged a hole in his toenail he is not happy.

I might eat something here (I AM LITERALLY ALWAYS HUNGRY NOW it's impossible to keep up with my caloric needs) and then go. I'm not worried about the heat. I told the husband I had to do yoga every other day, not because I need the exercise ,but I do need to be able to stretch.

OH MAN YOU EVER GET a little just "kill me" in your day. Yep. Me and the husband are there. Gah. ARGH.

This is the worst. I don't get why it has to be a HEAT wave but I feel really, really bad for the husband. I want to help him and he is a NICE boss to everyone but ME. He insults me, he tells me I "can't" help. He is appreciative of my labors but you know he really is gonna have to LET me help pretty soon here. Oy.

Anna
    How much longer do you expect to be there? At the most.

Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I guess I'm the only one who draws the flavors into the syringe
    I squirt the flavor into a plastic wine glass (try to estimate how much because I know how much 1 ml fills the narrow bottom of the wine glass) Problem is if I overdo it, I can't get the flavor back into the bottle. Then I suck it into the syringe. Was a pain in the ars but now I have a scale (going to try it for the first time today)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Speaking of fungus, I want to grow and cultivate culinary mushrooms next year. Forget about work! I just wanna grow stuff!
    I so miss the wild Morel mushrooms up in the mountains were I used to live. They are so delicious. I've heard they are very hard to cultivate but many other edibles are easy (and I've grown the "magic" ones before)

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I so miss the wild Morel mushrooms up in the mountains were I used to live. They are so delicious. I've heard they are very hard to cultivate but many other edibles are easy (and I've grown the "magic" ones before)
    Strangely enough, mushrooms is one of the few foods that I just cannot stand at all. That and sauerkraut.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Bride is lovely! Glad you survived, etc.

LOL why is it youthful "tomato" eaters find a seed and immediately think, "I am gonna grow this!" Like all excitable and stuff and well, it's NOT easy and 95% of the time it's a male plant and is going to grow you the WORST tomatoes. You need to know what you are doing, including these days a lead ceiling to shield your grow lights from overhead surveillance looking for INDOOR tomato plant growers. Really, the difficulty of growing random tomatoes as a youth is God SAVING you from yourselves.

None of this is construed as advice, intended or implied. Observation merely.

I did and do like the contractor.... To an extent. He did a reasonable job on the house for a decent price. It could look FAR worse. I'm not even really mad about elephant poop and peeling paint off windows. If anything, it has only improved my cleaning skills. Although, at my age, if I owned a cleaning business I would be setting up jobs and like, uh, teaching the "girls" to do the cleaning right with all my sneaky tips. Only, I don't really want a cleaning business.

So yeah it was about right for the price. You will get contractors who will leave your house, ah, pristine, but you pay for that kind of work, whereas my hands and cleansers... well the right cleansers are expensive.

I do think he was trying to bilk us on the steps though. If you are contractor in bulk the cost of materials would be about 1 K. 32000 bucks in really cheap labor to frame it and whatnot, that's a bit excessive.

We had already like, decided to do it ourselves anyway but I was like, "Meh, let's see the bid." It was a Not Good bid. This is okay with me honestly because like, I can't face fixing that bathroom AGAIN.

So yeah, I like him about as much as the industrial cleaning person can like the contractor who came before. ALSO, I like him fine, in the sense that the house is done although it is NOTHING like the husband's work which was like pearls (his work) before swine (contractor's work.) IT does actually look WAY better than it could, and better than I really expected honestly.

You just have to complain if you are the cleaner. It's the nature of the beast.

I HURT. Pretty soon here gotta finish my coffee and get moving. Like, finish the fridge, etc.

LOL.

Anna
    Hi Anna,
    Tomato plants are monoecious, male and female organs on the same plant. I've seen this happen to people with other plants though.

Edit: Oops, didn't read the posts well enough. Ha, here's my sign.

• Informative
    Reactions: ShamrockPat

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Strangely enough, mushrooms is one of the few foods that I just cannot stand at all. That and sauerkraut.

I’m right there with you on both of those. I hate them.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I mixed up some dawn dish liquid and hot water and cleaned the inside of my car in I don’t know how long. I don’t drive much normally besides back and forth to work. It mostly gets dusty and of course the carpet collect stuff. The next work vehicle I get, I’m going to get those plastic floor mats that I can just rinse and dry off. I have a crack in the leather driver seat and am not sure what to do about it. Not bad though for eight years old. I do use leather conditioner on them.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Mixing day for me today, got 2 new banana's from my last bcf order to test on my banana honeycomb recipe, to see is it improves on the original one I mixed.

Also got the licorice to try out, know going to add masrhmellow to it, but think I am also going to add some sort of custard/cream to it, aiming for a creamy licorice, fingers crossed comes out half decent :)
    Have you tried the banana foster recipe, it's pretty good.
    Are you talking red or black licorice?

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Have you tried the banana foster recipe, it's pretty good.
    Are you talking red or black licorice?

No tried a few banana fosters and never really liked them, this is one of my own I am working on, just seeing if I can come up with my own recipe that is actually vapable, the wife likes my 1st attempt, just thought try with a few different banana's to see if can make it even better :)

Black Licorice, always loved vaping it, so trying something new.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    No tried a few banana fosters and never really liked them, this is one of my own I am working on, just seeing if I can come up with my own recipe that is actually vapable, the wife likes my 1st attempt, just thought try with a few different banana's to see if can make it even better :)

Black Licorice, always loved vaping it, so trying something new.
    Good luck :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    So because I’m irritated with my fiddly but flavor banging RTA’s I’ve started trying out RDA’s on squonks. Flavor is not the same. Do I have to mix differently even tho the ohms are roughly the same?

I always thought rdas were supposed to give really good flavor but I never really took to them. I’m not a big squonk person either. The aegis squonk was decent with the tengu rda. I would think the flavor should be comparable with the rda but I guess it’s like everything else with vaping. Results can vary from device to device.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Oh the black licorice is a success, simple recipe, but got what I wanted, has that tang black licorice should have, but it is smooth and creamy, which is what I was aiming for, it's great fresh, wonder if will get even better as it steeps, I know most don't like black licorice, but think it is good enough to share anyway :)

zwqeNTk.png

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Oh the black licorice is a success, simple recipe, but got what I wanted, has that tang black licorice should have, but it is smooth and creamy, which is what I was aiming for, it's great fresh, wonder if will get even better as it steeps, I know most don't like black licorice, but think it is good enough to share anyway :)

View attachment 896019
    Thanks, I love liquorice in juices. Mostly in my tobacco mixes, but I'd be happy to try something different. The one you posted seems appealing, the only problem is, I've none of these flavorings lol. I use Capella Liquorice flavor concentrate in my mixes

Terri McVeety

ECF Veteran
    Nov 9, 2018
    NE Texas
    I always thought rdas were supposed to give really good flavor but I never really took to them. I’m not a big squonk person either. The aegis squonk was decent with the tengu rda. I would think the flavor should be comparable with the rda but I guess it’s like everything else with vaping. Results can vary from device to device.
    Could be my build but I thought I’d ask. Thank you for your input!

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Gardening tip of the day.. get familiar with Mycorrhizae, get to know the fungus among us. I knew about it. But somehow it fell by the wayside.. now my passion has been rekindled. Speaking of fungus, I want to grow and cultivate culinary mushrooms next year. Forget about work! I just wanna grow stuff!
    Good stuff! I'll be going for oyster mushrooms soon, got almost everything I need and the local city council has recently finished cutting trees in the area so I will have plenty of hardwood chips and sawdust to work with.
    The only thing I'm missing is some machine to seal my grow bags, can't find anything cheap and I'm not spending a fortune on a small project

Users who are viewing this thread