Random DIY mixing and More

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
I'm counting the days to 'vacation'. I have to work on Monday (month end and payroll) but on Tuesday, depending ISAIAH tracking, we're off to VT for a month. Due to COVID and my county, we have to quarantine for 14 days. Normally, I'd drive back and forth a couple of times during the month but this VT rule really messes things up. I'm just staying up there so by mid-month I can enjoy it! We're trying to cover all the bases and figure out how we'll pack everything, so much stuff for us and the dang cat. My DIY supplies are also must haves. The 2 wks of house confinement will be tough, we're used to taking daily walks as allowed here in MA (VT says no walks, no hikes, or trips to a store). I hope the weather cooperates so at least we can go for a swim. For work, a remote office, on the porch of a cottage on a lake isn't so bad. And if we do need something, I have cousins close by that can shop for us. It's going to be a strange vacation.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm counting the days to 'vacation'. I have to work on Monday (month end and payroll) but on Tuesday, depending ISAIAH tracking, we're off to VT for a month. Due to COVID and my county, we have to quarantine for 14 days. Normally, I'd drive back and forth a couple of times during the month but this VT rule really messes things up. I'm just staying up there so by mid-month I can enjoy it! We're trying to cover all the bases and figure out how we'll pack everything, so much stuff for us and the dang cat. My DIY supplies are also must haves. The 2 wks of house confinement will be tough, we're used to taking daily walks as allowed here in MA (VT says no walks, no hikes, or trips to a store). I hope the weather cooperates so at least we can go for a swim. For work, a remote office, on the porch of a cottage on a lake isn't so bad. And if we do need something, I have cousins close by that can shop for us. It's going to be a strange vacation.
    VT is right next door, but pretty sure you’d be able to walk here.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    That sounds nice to me. I’m stir crazy sitting in this house all the time. I love working from home, but we just need to take a drive or something. Have fun!

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 26, 2013
    MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
    VT is right next door, but pretty sure you’d be able to walk here.

My great-great grandfather bought a summer camp on the lake back around 1911. I've gone up there since I was 3 months old (and got chicken pox that first summer too!). This is my last summer there (sold my share). It's our 30th anniversary and we've celebrated each year at the lake with lobsters & champagne. It's a special time and place for us. It's sad that this is how it ends.

VT has strict rules based on the county you're from in MA. I'm in a big one with cities which have higher COVID rates than VT so they make you quarantine. If I was in western MA, I'd be fine. My little town has a low rate but that doesn't matter. I'm lucky I can work remotely and extend the time up there to get through the quarantine period and have time to enjoy it afterwards.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My great-great grandfather bought a summer camp on the lake back around 1911. I've gone up there since I was 3 months old (and got chicken pox that first summer too!). This is my last summer there (sold my share). It's our 30th anniversary and we've celebrated each year at the lake with lobsters & champagne. It's a special time and place for us. It's sad that this is how it ends.

VT has strict rules based on the county you're from in MA. I'm in a big one with cities which have higher COVID rates than VT so they make you quarantine. If I was in western MA, I'd be fine. My little town has a low rate but that doesn't matter. I'm lucky I can work remotely and extend the time up there to get through the quarantine period and have time to enjoy it afterwards.
    I hope you have a great time :)

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Tootsie roll is the best I can get chocolate to taste. That seems to be the best anyone can get it to taste. That dont cut it for me.
    I have found that (FA) cocoa fixes that... because I like dark chocolate, but is is a coil/wick killer (not worth it)

I experimented with FA cocoa and chocolate when I vaped coffee eliquids--a little bit added a nice dimension to cappuccino or cafe latte, but it was a coil killer. Tasted like a nice mocha with coffee and cream.

HIC's (@HeadInClouds) flavor notes:

FA Cocoa and FA Chocolate: If you’re familiar with cocoa manufacturing, think of FA Chocolate as chocolate liquor before the cocoa butter is added, and think of FA Cocoa as cocoa powder. The two flavorings are often used together as the beginning of a complete chocolate flavor. FA Chocolate can taste like Hershey’s syrup or chocolate liqueur, depending on the other flavorings you use with it. If you have chocolate extract in your kitchen, notice FA Chocolate smells just the same. When chocolate extract is used in cooking, it’s often used with cocoa powder - which is the flavor of FA Cocoa. When using Cocoa and Chocolate together, more Cocoa than Chocolate gives you darker chocolate flavor. For milk chocolate use more Chocolate and less Cocoa. The two together are still not a candy bar flavor - you’ll have to add milky/sweet/caramel notes with other flavorings. Acetyl pyrazine is a secret weapon for chocolate vapes, but it doesn’t have to be used in pure form. Bakery type flavors like FA Cookie or TFA Cheesecake Graham can serve the same purpose while adding bakery or creamy notes. Many tobacco flavorings and most nut flavors contain acetyl pyrazine, if you’re interested in experimenting. Like many other dark-colored flavorings, too much Cocoa can clog your wick/coil fairly quickly, and too much power will give you a burnt flavor. If you’re sub-ohming, beware. If you’re using more basic hardware, you’re in luck, because Cocoa is one amazing flavor when vaped at higher resistance. The higher quality your nicotine base is, the better Cocoa and Chocolate will taste. That’s true of most flavors, but the difference with these two can be drastic. If you’re not sure of your nic quality, try vaping Cocoa (or a recipe containing it) with your usual nic base versus 0 mg, using identical hardware. If the difference is stunning, your nic is interfering with your flavors."

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    ug....still can't really taste strawberry.....
    but it's still good, I get a hint of strawberry
    I've been on a lemon kick but not happy with anything I've made....

so decided to try to make a Strawberry Limeade

I mix 3 different strawberries together in equal parts to get a good strawberry flavor (it's the only way I can even barely taste it), but you could just use whatever strawberry at 6% if you want
    fw strawberry 2%
    pur strawberry ripe 2%
    euro flavor sweet strawberry 2%
    (or sub whatever strawberry at 6%)
    tfa key lime 2%
    vt sour lemon 2%
    tfa dragonfruit 2%
    (optional, to help add some moisture and mouthfeel)
    inw cactus .2%
    lb fresh cream .2%
    (optional to add cooling effect)
    ws-23 .2%

wish I could taste the strawberry (I was hoping the dragonfruit would help with my strawberry blind) but even still it's pretty taste in my opinion

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Happy August :)

Still no rain here, but at least the temp's been staying under 90. Yeah, 89 is less than 90...

Dandelions are now without manes, for a couple days, anyway. :cry:

1858609.gif

Reactions: Koolkiz

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I started going through screenshots last night and found a couple I want to mix. There’s a lime pie recipe that sounds good but I’m a little hesitant because it has a lot of flavors and those usually don’t work out well for me.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I started going through screenshots last night and found a couple I want to mix. There’s a lime pie recipe that sounds good but I’m a little hesitant because it has a lot of flavors and those usually don’t work out well for me.
    Yeah I don't bother with those Never worked for me either.

Users who are viewing this thread