Random DIY mixing and More

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
Has anyone tried the TFA Double Chocolate (Clear) ?
I like it a lot! At 4% it shone through in a way too strong peppermint with chocolate mix I did as a newb. It’s milk chocolate flavor is nice but the texture seems more like tootsie rolls and a bit dry. So needs support but the flavor is nice IMO.

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

Is it really chocolate tho ?
I need to replace the FW Cookies and Cream and reformulate a mint chocolate mix

I have Inawera Chocolate Cream, FA Chocolate, TFA Double Chocolate Clear.

They're all good but that's the order I rank them. Double Chocolate Clear does have bitterness. The Inawera is extremely dark.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@Bill's Magic Vapor used TFA Double Chocolate Clear in combination with TFA Milk Chocolate (4%:4% to 5%:5%) (usually equal amounts), in a lot of his chocolate recipes. Here is a partial list:
upload_2018-6-2_21-33-38.png

I am afraid I don't know which ones were in the general TFA thread, and which came from the TFA Recipes Only thread. Bill also describes his journey of chocolate in several of his blog threads. Just remember that Bill was a "high flavor" mixer, and these recipes were developed for/on much earlier equipment. Many may want to lower overall percentages while retaining the relationship of one concentrate to each of the others.;)

Regarding chocolate concentrates in general... I haven't had a lot of success. They have seemed (to me) to mostly be no more than weak suggestions of chocolate. The one exception is FLV-Chocolate Deutsch. I have only used it in a simple 3 ingredient recipe, but it is a dead-on ringer for German chocolate cake:
upload_2018-6-2_22-15-59.png

It is super rich and has a very distinct coconut presence for me (which I like). It is so rich; it could never be an ADV for me. Because of the coconut note (though some comments/reviews have said it is not particularly prominent); I am skeptical of its overall usefulness as a general chocolate. I see it being most appropriate for flavor profiles like the German chocolate cake, and Mounds Bars. Others may have a different experience.

On my "Some Day" list; I have one of HIC's chocolate recipes earmarked to try. I still need to order an ingredient or two, so I don't know when I will personally get to them. Because HIC has requested that his recipes not be reprinted outside of one of the ECF-forbidden forums, I will not post them here, and I am prohibited from linking to it. I will share the title as HIC listed it and anyone interested can search it out on their own. It is:
HIC's SWISS BLISS (premium chocolate candy bar!)(author: HeadInClouds)

Be sure to read his comments; the use of Acetyl Pyrazine is very interesting.:)

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
@Skunk! I'm not much of a plain tobacco vaper anymore but I'm really enjoying the St/Gold Ducat mix:)
Those two are really good together. I think I am going to mix a decent sized batch and forget about it for 2 months. I waited 1 month this time and I think it will be better with more time. You did yours at 5% PST and 2% Ducat? Glad you like it.:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Those two are really good together. I think I am going to mix a decent sized batch and forget about it for 2 months. I waited 1 month this time and I think it will be better with more time. You did yours at 5% PST and 2% Ducat? Glad you like it.:)
    I did 6% ST and 2% Ducat. I probably wouldn't have let it sit that long if I didn't have so much stuff going.

Reactions: NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    @Bill's Magic Vapor used TFA Double Chocolate Clear in combination with TFA Milk Chocolate (4%:4% to 5%:5%) (usually equal amounts), in a lot of his chocolate recipes. Here is a partial list:
    upload_2018-6-2_21-33-38-png.746135
    I have Bill’s Chocolate Cream Pie mixed and aged about a month atm. The initial chocolate flavor was more of a weak bitter unsweetened hollow dark chocolate. I dropped the sweetener from 4% to .3%. Although the chocolate was weak, the bitter darkness of it wasn’t really. It was strange. I wondered if my dropping the sweetener so drastically threw the ratios off. Fast-forward 2 weeks... The chocolate and cream developed and gained mouth feel and mild sweetness and the bitter mostly disappeared. It’s now more like it’s name but not made with milk chocolate but semi-sweet dark chocolate. A couple friends are loving this. While it’s not a bad recipe, it’s not for me. Great learning experience though!

The one exception is FLV-Chocolate Deutsch. I have only used it in a simple 3 ingredient recipe, but it is a dead-on ringer for German chocolate cake:
    upload_2018-6-2_22-15-59-png.746137

It is super rich and has a very distinct coconut presence for me (which I like). It is so rich; it could never be an ADV for me. Because of the coconut note (though some comments/reviews have said it is not particularly prominent); I am skeptical of its overall usefulness as a general chocolate. I see it being most appropriate for flavor profiles like the German chocolate cake, and Mounds Bars. Others may have a different experience.
    Impeccable timing! I saw you post this recipe a week or so ago and ordered the chocolate to mix. Nana makes a German Chocolate cake that’s to die for! I can’t get it outa my head but it’s not on my diet. (Lifestyle change about a year ago). I love that I can still “taste” my desserts through my mixing now! So, the chocolate arrived yesterday. I’m looking forward to mixing it but was going to have to find where you previously posted the recipe. Now I won’t have to:D

I will share the title as HIC listed it and anyone interested can search it out on their own. It is:
    HIC's SWISS BLISS (premium chocolate candy bar!)(author: HeadInClouds)

Be sure to read his comments; the use of Acetyl Pyrazine is very interesting.:)
    This looks tasty! Another I’ll have to try:p

Thanks for sharing these!:thumbs:

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Needing a vodka for my sisters White Russian. If you find a good one and remember, please share:)
    You should try it. A lot of people like the VT Russian Vodka but I'm not one of them. It's good as a mixer but sucks as a main flavor to me.

• Useful

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    You should try it. A lot of people like the VT Russian Vodka but I'm not one of them. It's good as a mixer but sucks as a main flavor to me.
    I definitely will. Have you ever mixed using "real" alcohol? I saw a couple mentionings of it in another thread, making me wonder if it could be so simple.

Reactions: FranC

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I definitely will. Have you ever mixed using "real" alcohol? I saw a couple mentionings of it in another thread, making me wonder if it could be so simple.
    No I haven't. I would think the real stuff would evaporate to fast.

• Useful

Users who are viewing this thread