The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I like it a lot! At 4% it shone through in a way too strong peppermint with chocolate mix I did as a newb. It’s milk chocolate flavor is nice but the texture seems more like tootsie rolls and a bit dry. So needs support but the flavor is nice IMO.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I have Inawera Chocolate Cream, FA Chocolate, TFA Double Chocolate Clear.

They're all good but that's the order I rank them. Double Chocolate Clear does have bitterness. The Inawera is extremely dark.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    @Bill's Magic Vapor used TFA Double Chocolate Clear in combination with TFA Milk Chocolate (4%:4% to 5%:5%) (usually equal amounts), in a lot of his chocolate recipes. Here is a partial list:
    upload_2018-6-2_21-33-38.png

I am afraid I don't know which ones were in the general TFA thread, and which came from the TFA Recipes Only thread. Bill also describes his journey of chocolate in several of his blog threads. Just remember that Bill was a "high flavor" mixer, and these recipes were developed for/on much earlier equipment. Many may want to lower overall percentages while retaining the relationship of one concentrate to each of the others.;)

Regarding chocolate concentrates in general... I haven't had a lot of success. They have seemed (to me) to mostly be no more than weak suggestions of chocolate. The one exception is FLV-Chocolate Deutsch. I have only used it in a simple 3 ingredient recipe, but it is a dead-on ringer for German chocolate cake:
    upload_2018-6-2_22-15-59.png

It is super rich and has a very distinct coconut presence for me (which I like). It is so rich; it could never be an ADV for me. Because of the coconut note (though some comments/reviews have said it is not particularly prominent); I am skeptical of its overall usefulness as a general chocolate. I see it being most appropriate for flavor profiles like the German chocolate cake, and Mounds Bars. Others may have a different experience.

On my "Some Day" list; I have one of HIC's chocolate recipes earmarked to try. I still need to order an ingredient or two, so I don't know when I will personally get to them. Because HIC has requested that his recipes not be reprinted outside of one of the ECF-forbidden forums, I will not post them here, and I am prohibited from linking to it. I will share the title as HIC listed it and anyone interested can search it out on their own. It is:
    HIC's SWISS BLISS (premium chocolate candy bar!)(author: HeadInClouds)

Be sure to read his comments; the use of Acetyl Pyrazine is very interesting.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I like to use chocolate as a supporting flavor and not an upfront taste. I do a small single flavor sometimes just to get the taste of a chocolate.

• Like Like x 2
  5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think I found a tasty use for my Cranberry.

TFA Cranberry 4%
    FA Gin 2%
    FA Lime Tahiti cold pressed .5%
    FA Wine Champagne 1.5%

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just what I need,,,,more recipes to mix. I have no room....LOL. I search for recipes out of habit. Haven't had much luck with ideas from ELR or ATF lately but I've had some success with reddit.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @Skunk! I'm not much of a plain tobacco vaper anymore but I'm really enjoying the St/Gold Ducat mix:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think I've found the secret to steeping. You just mix so much over 3-4 weeks that you can't possibly try it all in any hurry.......LOL. I really need the get to my first run of boozy flavors........I've filled a tank.............

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    This looks nice... like a refreshing cranberry spritzer:p Please let us know how you like.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Skunk!

Skunk! Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    Las Vegas
    Those two are really good together. I think I am going to mix a decent sized batch and forget about it for 2 months. I waited 1 month this time and I think it will be better with more time. You did yours at 5% PST and 2% Ducat? Glad you like it.:)

• Like Like x 2
  11. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I will. I did get it mixed:)

• Love Love x 1
  12. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did 6% ST and 2% Ducat. I probably wouldn't have let it sit that long if I didn't have so much stuff going.

• Like Like x 1
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    OK I'm ditching my 2 VT Vodka mixes. Not a good main flavor for me. Kinda bland and not boozy at all. Moving on to the rum. Finding the VT Rum too mild but good with the addition of another rum flavor.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Trying one of my first rum mixes with just the VT Rum. It's an Orange Tobacco Rum that I mixed with ST. At first vapes it's tasty. Will have a much better idea with more vaping time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I have Bill’s Chocolate Cream Pie mixed and aged about a month atm. The initial chocolate flavor was more of a weak bitter unsweetened hollow dark chocolate. I dropped the sweetener from 4% to .3%. Although the chocolate was weak, the bitter darkness of it wasn’t really. It was strange. I wondered if my dropping the sweetener so drastically threw the ratios off. Fast-forward 2 weeks... The chocolate and cream developed and gained mouth feel and mild sweetness and the bitter mostly disappeared. It’s now more like it’s name but not made with milk chocolate but semi-sweet dark chocolate. A couple friends are loving this. While it’s not a bad recipe, it’s not for me. Great learning experience though!

Impeccable timing! I saw you post this recipe a week or so ago and ordered the chocolate to mix. Nana makes a German Chocolate cake that’s to die for! I can’t get it outa my head but it’s not on my diet. (Lifestyle change about a year ago). I love that I can still “taste” my desserts through my mixing now! So, the chocolate arrived yesterday. I’m looking forward to mixing it but was going to have to find where you previously posted the recipe. Now I won’t have to:D

This looks tasty! Another I’ll have to try:p

Thanks for sharing these!:thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Bill's mixes are way way over flavored for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Needing a vodka for my sisters White Russian. If you find a good one and remember, please share:)

• Like Like x 1
  18. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You should try it. A lot of people like the VT Russian Vodka but I'm not one of them. It's good as a mixer but sucks as a main flavor to me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I definitely will. Have you ever mixed using "real" alcohol? I saw a couple mentionings of it in another thread, making me wonder if it could be so simple.

• Like Like x 1
  20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    No I haven't. I would think the real stuff would evaporate to fast.

• Useful Useful x 1