Random DIY mixing and More

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Could you share the original? I might have what it calls for.
Sure, here it is.........

Annotation 2020-08-08 210438.jpg

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Okay Adios Amigos I am gonna get me GOING.; see you this evening--perhaps!

Thanks @FranC for having the coolest thread on ECF that puts up with me. Goodbye electronics. and HELLO bathe and mop I hate the husband he took MY car to Walmart so I can't even LOAD It up all I can do is mop.

Revenge will be sweet. Maybe IDK.

Thanks y'all for all the support and best wishes.

Anna
Best to you on your new adventure. It kind of inspired me to go on my next one!

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Sigh. I hate this stockpiling business. I'm down to 10 boxes of Z coils and I know I need more, but how many? Do I need another Zlide? I'm buying some random RTAs even though I don't even want to build my own coils. I just want them all to leave us alone. :cry:
Well, after wicking two new RTAs today, I admit that I am enjoying the rebuildable aspect of vaping. But I do like my reliable old Zlides quite a bit. I have about 25 boxes of coils, and I am kind of feeling like you are. How many more boxes do I need? I will miss the feeling of being able to just go down the street and buy some coils if I need something quick.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
That wasn't an actual recipe I've made, it was an example of how to use ELR in a more normal fashion with a pre-mix base where you want to lower the nic and the VG content. ;) That's the reason for the 1st pic showing what values to put where instead of the 100% PG.
Now that you're mixing, just have fun and don't over complicate things. :)
I appreciate the insight. I just started doing that when I first got on the site a while back. I am still learning the little nuances of using the recipe screen. I personally don't have a problem with just adding pg to the list of flavors, but I can see how it does look a bit messy on the page.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Most coils you can run lower. On those, I would personally start at 30 and work up from there.
I always start with lower watts and slowly work up. This is just for fun (I've never done full blown clouds) I just wanted the mod but since also have a RBA for the tank looking forward to trying that. When I was still learning about vape gear, I saw two young guys in a truck (windows down) and they were blowing out huge clouds. We were in line for "spring clean-up" (once a year county trash program) The line was moving slow and I was the passenger so jumped out to vape. Couldn't resist... walked up and asked "what brand of device do you recommend?" No surprise they both said "Smok" I have learned so much since then... glad I didn't take their advice ;)

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
You are welcome. It looked like a pretty interesting recipe. Minus the hazelnut for me anyway, that is just a flavor I cannot stand for some reason.
I love (FW) Hazelnut but it is very strong! Some people claim it helps strawberry (in tiny amounts) so not surprised people try it with other fruits (I am talking less that 0.5 %) Just skip it (but a little graham cracker can be nice)
OMG... just noticed they used the hazelnut at 1.5 % (fine for bakery recipies where you want it the dominate but not with fruits... it would destroy the delicate flavors) Otherwise, looks like a great recipe.

Reactions: DavidOck

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
So I made a mix of 8% FA Forrest Fruit and 2% FA Cream Fresh. I let it steep for about a week and it tastes pretty good. It is nice and simple. But there just seems like something is missing. Anyone have any suggestions of something I can add to this mix?
What bakery flavors do you have? If I remember right, forest fruit is mostly berries?

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
What bakery flavors do you have? If I remember right, forest fruit is mostly berries?
Yes, it is a berry mix and it is pretty tasty. As far as bakery flavors, not a lot. FA Cookie, TFA Cheesecake (graham crust) and TFA Banana Nut Bread. I have mostly fruits and creams in my stash at the moment.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
@Redbird11 , just a little cookie (not too much) goes a long way ;) It was one of my first bakery flavors but then I got Croissant and fell in love with it. Just recently tried Cookie again and forgot how much I like it.
Mix some cheesecake ASAP... put it away and let it steep (but if you get the graham cracker, slip some of that in too... you will thank me later) Also try the Banana nut bread (by itself)... let that steep too. Have fun (you seem to have caught on very fast... I'm impressed) :thumb:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I decided to add Dinner Lady Rice pudding (instead of my DIY cheesecake... it's just too precious) to my blueberry/cookie juice. It did help mellow it out (I steeped this cheesecake for over 2 months and saving it for special recipes) I'm going to try a Lemon cheesecake... haven't tried that yet)
About the diluting my 6 mg pre-made juice... I have some 0 mg pre-made Bavarian cream I can use (instead of mixing my own unflavored base for that) Yes, I'm still doing crazy stuff (thought I was over that but just have all these juices I need to use up or dump) I dialed in the % on my tobacco mix (will post that tomorrow... too tired tonight) Peace out, vape on!

Reactions: DavidOck

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
You guys know I'm not that experienced with DIY (and don't have a huge collection of flavors to work with) but I have really done my homework and lot's of trial and error experiments. BTW, my nephew (that also lives with my and my elderly mother) walked into my room one day and saw my shelves of vape stuff (I keep the door locked because he has a three year old son and I can't risk him getting into my stash (because of the nicotine, but don't worry the concentrated nic is stored in a fridge with a safety lock on it) Anyway, he looked at my stuff and kinda asked "what the heck is that?" Bottles, funnels, syringes... looks like a mad scientist lab. I laughed and said "it's my vape stuff... I know, it looks like I'm making drugs or something" o_O

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Well, after wicking two new RTAs today, I admit that I am enjoying the rebuildable aspect of vaping. But I do like my reliable old Zlides quite a bit. I have about 25 boxes of coils, and I am kind of feeling like you are. How many more boxes do I need? I will miss the feeling of being able to just go down the street and buy some coils if I need something quick.

I know right?

Haven't seen any reports on your recent builds yet, Red. I can't wait--here or there--please report! I'm dying to know how it went and what you think about your new atties! :D

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So I made a mix of 8% FA Forrest Fruit and 2% FA Cream Fresh. I let it steep for about a week and it tastes pretty good. It is nice and simple. But there just seems like something is missing. Anyone have any suggestions of something I can add to this mix?
    A bit of base maybe. Biscuit, Cannoli, croissant, whatever you have.

Users who are viewing this thread