The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

Thank you !

Package arrived.
    Sheesh, 4 baggies with 4 bottles each had leakers - what a mess.

Some of these flavorings are really really dark...the French Toast for one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  2. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hope you didn't lose much.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Mine didn't leak at all and yes some are very dark but when you mix them they are just pale yellow/gold.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. classwife

Supporting member

Didn't loose more than just having to clean up leak, just a mess.

I am sooooo leary of using dark flavorings.
    I tossed a bunch a bit back that I know weren't dark when I got them (example, 2 30ml bottles of Green Tea flavoring)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Necrospecter

Necrospecter Dulce de Leche to rule them all Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    I don't understand that but hey to each their own. My french toast is not what I would call dark it is more of a soft amber.

• Like Like x 6
  6. classwife

Supporting member

I mixed some up stand alone, it's fine, a light amber and I can live with that. Just looking at the bottle of flavoring...ick ! :lol:
    Mixed up some Aged Bourbon Cream too.

Tasting both, they are gonna be nice !

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  7. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Off to mix now that my Em is with her granny. She is a bit of a pill while I'm mixing many recipes in a day.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I have a French toast that was dark, I can't remember which flavor company it was. I know it came out a pale amber yellow and didn't stay dark at all. I mixed it with rhubarb and some other stuff, it was really kind of good.

My kitchen is gloriously clean. I'm taking a break, then to the GROCERY store.

Mmmm French toast sounds kind of good for DINNER actually. Although the husband says he wants chicken and rice soup.

Anna

• Like Like x 5
  9. dobroeutro

dobroeutro Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    That's a shame. Think I would let the folks I got them from know... :cool:

I recently got 3 bottles of the Black Label French Toast SC (RF) when they were giving FREE samples and all mine are a light amber??? It needs some support, but pretty good SF... ;)

• Like Like x 6
  10. classwife

Supporting member
    Chocolate Milkshake is gonna have to sit a few days, fresh mixed it has that fake chocolate taste to me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Smokey Amber Plum has a great taste on a new coil and wick. Seems like no breaking in. Maybe I need to find some cotton flavor to add for that new wick taste all the time.

This was more for a test of the mod. Through the barrel it looked like the wick needed changed but it didn't look bad at all, if I didn't have build plans I would've put it back together. Trying a staggered fused clapton, the mod didn't like dual claptons instantly before. Another party tomorrow but hopefully if it acts up it will be before tomorrow and I can throw on a simple build fast enough.

I was mistaken far above. I didn't make aliens, I make staggered fused.

• Like Like x 6
  12. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have some vendor liquids and some DIY liquids that are a year or two old. Recently, I sampled some of them and they tasted like I expected. I've heard that most eliquid is good for at least two years if kept at room temp. From my personal experience I'd say that's true for most flavors and mixes.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    So, if I wanted to try the French toast then which brand should I look for? My wish list at Bcf is getting a little out of hand. I might have to break it into two orders.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Its a Real Flavors product

French Toast

Black Label

then they have the regular type(SC)
    French Toast

:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Real Flavors is what I've seen people talking about. They have different makeups. I would get super concentrate. I'm not sure what the difference between regular and Black Label is.

• Like Like x 5
  16. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I have real flavors French toast, and I'm not sure which one but I don't think it's the super duper concentrated one, but I could be wrong (just got home from grocery shopping I don't imagine I'll be getting up to scrabble through my Awesome (for me) zip log baggies of different flavor manufacturers. But I think I used it at 3 or 4% (adding in other stuff) it tasted perfectly fine to me at that strength although I'll admit I didn't single flavor test it, although I DO have some test mixers going now, mainly boozy stuff. So far, so pretty good but I haven't sampled them, too soon. Etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I mixed this awhile back

Smoky Bourbon Baccy
    RF Aged Bourbon Cream .5%
    WF Chocolate Chunks 1%
    HS Fortune Strike 5%
    INW DNB .5%

This tastes very strong,like it's over flavored.As you can see it's not over flavored at all. As this is my first use of DNB I'm assuming it's the guilty party.Thoughts?

• Like Like x 4
  18. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Mine look dark until I drip it out, maybe it's the label. The VG brownie is very dark and the SC sb gelato is a shade or two past amber. That one is good on the finger, the creams are lovely.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    The RF BL french toast has a nice spice notes I like in the sf, but pretty sweet. I added some to my apple biscuit so it will be a couple weeks before I know how it works in a mix, but Necro is liking it in his mixes.

• Like Like x 5
  20. ceeceeisme

ceeceeisme Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Does anyone know what happened to that big Inawera thread that's been running for a couple of years? I can't find it. Don't know why, the search function is not very good. :( They're having a sale this weekend and I want to pick up some tobacco's but need some recommendations.

• Like Like x 6