Random DIY mixing and More

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So we aren't coming at this from the same pov. My only point is language is always evolving and some changes will stick, you accept them or swim upstream against them. I chose acceptance and move on. Fighting it isn't going to force the changes back into the box. I am not bothered by changing to Fa as that is now the brand name. This is the name the vendors have started using and I personally think the forums should use it for new mixers so they don't get confused as to what they mean to order. I never said anyone or thing was boring. I did say stagnation is boring.
The only vendor I have seen using the 'Fa' for TFA is NR. Apparently they are re-labeling TFA bottles that they sell. To me that is just plain wrong and a bit shady in my book. Its just like ecigexpress labeling TFA their 'Signature' line. That caused so much confusion that they now put TFA in the description exposing the real source. Competition among vendors is nothing new, its just another attempt to gain market share for their own pockets.

My last order from BCF included a the bottle that still said The Flavor Apprentice and their website still lists as such.

And please explain where its decided what the 'Brand' name is. Where is this information coming from? And who thinks that they are the 'ones' to make that kind of decision. You state it as so matter of factly, please define who 'they' actually are. Unless it is coming from the company itself, then it should not carry any weight.

But most importantly has TFA began calling themselves 'Fa'? Until they do, or approve of their brand to be handled in this way(rebottling and relabeling) then I see no reason to change because a lone vendor or two is trying to gain popularity for their own lines of flavors.

Sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    What did you mix it with? Haven’t tried mine yet
    I did a tester and really like the flavor. Haven't mixed a lot with it yet but have this

Pink Guava Wine
    FLV Pink Guava .5%
    TFA Cranberry 3%
    INW Rhubarb.75%
    FA Wine Champagne 1.5%
    WS23 .5%

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The only vendor I have seen using the 'Fa' for TFA is NR. Apparently they are re-labeling TFA bottles that they sell. To me that is just plain wrong and a bit shady in my book. Its just like ecigexpress labeling TFA their 'Signature' line. That caused so much confusion that they now put TFA in the description exposing the real source. Competition among vendors is nothing new, its just another attempt to gain market share for their own pockets.

My last order from BCF included a the bottle that still said The Flavor Apprentice and their website still lists as such.

And please explain where its decided what the 'Brand' name is. Where is this information coming from? And who thinks that they are the 'ones' to make that kind of decision. You state it as so matter of factly, please define who 'they' actually are. Unless it is coming from the company itself, then it should not carry any weight.

But most importantly has TFA began calling themselves 'Fa'? Until they do, or approve of their brand to be handled in this way(rebottling and relabeling) then I see no reason to change because a lone vendor or two is trying to gain popularity for their own lines of flavors.

I couldn't tell you who started it but it wasn't NR. I have some older TFA flavor labeled Fa including a quite old bottle of AP.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I couldn't tell you who started it but it wasn't NR. I have some older TFA flavor labeled Fa including a quite old bottle of AP.
    Some of my flavors from NR back in 2015/2016 have the bottles marked that way also, so it has been happening for a while now. It is very confusing when I try to find one of TFA flavors(in my own stash) and its in a bottle from NR that has its own name across the entire bottle and in the smallest of lettering on the side towards the bottom list it as The Flavor Apprentice(Fa). No, this is not new, just shady practices in my book. And the reason I stopped purchasing from them. I also stopped purchasing from ecigexpress for that same reason.

I have heard there are other companies that sell the Purilum line of flavors, which would be the only reason for me to use NR. Next time I need a Purilum flavor, I will make it a point to find it somewhere else.

:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    ECX has to be the guilty party. I've been buying from BullCity for 3 years. Before that I bought from ECX. My order history doesn't run back far on ECX cause I had to create a new account a year or so ago when I wanted to buy something they had.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Some of my flavors from NR back in 2015/2016 have the bottles marked that way also, so it has been happening for a while now. It is very confusing when I try to find one of TFA flavors(in my own stash) and its in a bottle from NR that has its own name across the entire bottle and in the smallest of lettering on the side towards the bottom list it as The Flavor Apprentice(Fa). No, this is not new, just shady practices in my book. And the reason I stopped purchasing from them. I also stopped purchasing from ecigexpress for that same reason.

I have heard there are other companies that sell the Purilum line of flavors, which would be the only reason for me to use NR. Next time I need a Purilum flavor, I will make it a point to find it somewhere else.

I haven't been ordering from NR anywhere near that long. I'm thinking ECX did it before they changed to Signature but the Fa is in big letters.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    ECX has to be the guilty party. I've been buying from BullCity for 3 years. Before that I bought from ECX. My order history doesn't run back far on ECX cause I had to create a new account a year or so ago when I wanted to buy something they had.
    I did finally order from them on July 4 because they were carrying flavors I wanted that BCF didn't carry. My last order before that was in 2013.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did finally order from them on July 4 because they were carrying flavors I wanted that BCF didn't carry. My last order before that was in 2013.
    Yes I had to go back also to get the flavors that BCF didn't have. I can't see going back again.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Turns out I'm not real impressed with flavors I went to ECX to buy:lol:

I've never ordered from a bunch of different places. Years ago it was ECX and RTS for some of hubs baccys. The last 3 years has been all BCF for the most part. NR is fairly new to me. I can see one more NR order in my future.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

Flavor Apprentice themselves took this road. I am looking at the realistic wider picture. Vendors can unfortunately pretty much label flavors as they choose. BCF for example does not label the full name of some flavors. The full name is in the description but not on the label. Caused me some money at first because I thought I was ordering the wrong flavor so would order again only to find the label to be identical. I was aggravated but accepted it as their choice and moved on. I see no sense in wasting energy over something I can not change.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Flavor Apprentice themselves took this road. I am looking at the realistic wider picture. Vendors can unfortunately pretty much label flavors as they choose. BCF for example does not label the full name of some flavors. The full name is in the description but not on the label. Caused me some money at first because I thought I was ordering the wrong flavor so would order again only to find the label to be identical. I was aggravated but accepted it as their choice and moved on. I see no sense in wasting energy over something I can not change.
    "Flavor Apprentice themselves took this road"

Really? If that is true, then it seems self defeating and this certainly is not being reflected by their own website(s). Doesn't make any sense to me that they would want to confuse their own customers.

"Vendors can unfortunately pretty much label flavors as they choose"

I didn't know that vendors had that kind of power/control over another companies product. Somehow that just doesn't seem right to me.

"I see no sense in wasting energy over something I can not change."

Very wise statement. I totally agree, but hope you are not taking our exchange of information as being combative. I consider it a healthy exchange of ideas from different pov's, even if you cannot provide supporting documentation.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Mah head is spinning !

FA = FlavourArt (in Italy)
    TFA = The Flavor Apprentice (is also same company as The Perfumer's Apprentice)

Am I missing something ?
    ??????
    I think we all would like an answer to that question......I have been trying to find out......

LOL

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    LMAO.......things used to be so simple......everyone knew all the flavor makers and that pg always comes first when talking about mixes, etc.

Then the younger generations come in and throws a monkey wrench in stuff. It was not broke don't know why ya'all want to "FIX" it. LOL

That's one of my pet peeves. Some talk about their 30/70 or 70/30 mix and we automatically assume it's pg first, then vg, but it's not. To be clear, I try to list PG first, then VG.

I need to look up and print some recommended flavor percentages. I know what works for me with my favorite flavors, but I buy new flavors and sometimes don't use them for months. When you start to search for what % people are mixing with a particular flavor you get all sorts of percentages. The manufacturer may recommend 5% to start and adjust to taste, but the actual forum recommendations that people post are all over the place. Then you run into the TFA/FA confusion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread