Random DIY mixing and More

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I made a couple of recipes that I got from the Flavorah recipe book. I made 6 of them and the two I liked best had some interesting flavors. One was Smoked Butterscotch (FLV) and one was Pumpkin Spice (FLV).
I made 120mls of each and finished them within a month. I will be making them again and again.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    In NY, absentee ballots are counted after polls close. They check the poll book before opening an absentee ballot - if you signed it to vote in person, they toss the absentee ballot.
    (It's a pretty reasonable approach, IMO, though it means final tallies aren't instantaneous. They scan the sealed/signed inner envelope, it has a printed sticker with your name and a barcode, so you can confirm if it has been received by the county board of elections.)

I still have to get off my ...., make that Ice Cream Drowned.

DW has me doing a couple of happy homeowner projects, and last night was "interesting"; she was boiling a large pot of Cantonese zongzi (a crazily labor intensive Chinese rice dumpling), the pot boiled over, and you could see lights dim and hear the power hum before the 50A dual breaker tripped.

Today on a break from work I took a look. It looks like water got to the switch at the front of the Jenn Air stovetop that controls the down draft blower. Switch fried, but the wires look fine and once I capped and taped them the rest of the stovetop and oven are working.

That switch went out of production yrs ago (it's 40yo, but those old Jenn Air sets are tanks, well built), but someone on ebay sells
    an aftermarket one that's a form/fit/function replacement for $20. It'll be in in a few days, I'll put some new terminals on the wires and cross my fingers that it's just the switch, that the blower assembly is fine [emoji3]

(The blower would reek to have to replace. A pita to get to, and undoubtedly a hassle to chase down a replacement.)
    Fingers crossed for the blower (and you).:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I made a couple of recipes that I got from the Flavorah recipe book. I made 6 of them and the two I liked best had some interesting flavors. One was Smoked Butterscotch (FLV) and one was Pumpkin Spice (FLV).
    I made 120mls of each and finished them within a month. I will be making them again and again.
    If you’d like to post those I’m sure some folks would like them.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Smokey Blue Spice Cake
    FLV
    Butterscotch 0.21% 0.21
    Caramel 0.21% 0.21
    Pound Cake 1.00% 1.00
    Pumpkin Spice 0.14% 0.14
    Sweet Coconut 0.21% 0.21
    Sweet Cream 0.40% 0.40
    Vanilla Pudding 0.40% 0.40
    Wheat 0.14% 0.14
    PG/VG Ratio 20/80 Total Flavoring 2.71%

I omitted the Wheat

Zylonality
    Cream Filled Maple Bar
    FLV
    Cream 1.00% 1.00
    Maple Bar 2.00% 2.00
    Smoked Butterscotch 0.50% 0.50
    Sweet Dough 0.30% 0.30
    Sweetness 0.40% 0.40
    Whipped Cream 0.30% 0.30
    PG/VG Ratio 20/80 Total Flavoring 4.50%

I omitted the Sweetness and the Whipped Cream

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Smokey Blue Spice Cake
    FLV
    Butterscotch 0.21% 0.21
    Caramel 0.21% 0.21
    Pound Cake 1.00% 1.00
    Pumpkin Spice 0.14% 0.14
    Sweet Coconut 0.21% 0.21
    Sweet Cream 0.40% 0.40
    Vanilla Pudding 0.40% 0.40
    Wheat 0.14% 0.14
    PG/VG Ratio 20/80 Total Flavoring 2.71%

I omitted the Wheat

Zylonality
    Cream Filled Maple Bar
    FLV
    Cream 1.00% 1.00
    Maple Bar 2.00% 2.00
    Smoked Butterscotch 0.50% 0.50
    Sweet Dough 0.30% 0.30
    Sweetness 0.40% 0.40
    Whipped Cream 0.30% 0.30
    PG/VG Ratio 20/80 Total Flavoring 4.50%

I omitted the Sweetness and the Whipped Cream
    Thank you. A lot of folks have a sweet tooth :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    can I post them even though they are someone else's?

Yes, just give credit to whoever wrote the original recipe. I find them all the time on FB, ATF, etc. and just make sure I put the original mixers name on it. I think that smoked butterscotch recipe was one I saw on FB but didn't make since I didn't have all the FLV flavors.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, mixed uppers ;)

Correct. Unlike many other states, Florida has a good system.
    My better half is a clerk of elections and tells me stories of many coming in to try to double vote.

WA has a good system. EVERYbody votes by mail. Lots of OFFICIAL drop boxes, everywhere. Or free postage if one wants to drop it in the mail. We've been that way for years, easy - peasy. Tracking (verification) available on each County Registrar's web site. Ours will be hitting a drop box today, since I'm needing to go in for my flu shot.

Hello, Frannie, Mixers!

I should be working, but logged in nevertheless just to say a quick hello and found out that now FT is suspending PP payments. :facepalm:

FASTTECH - Paypal Suspension!

*sigh*

Have fun!

At least, they imply, one can still use PP for a gift card, then use that. As it's been for some of their lines for a long time. Yeah, carp.

pb201020.gif

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Yes, just give credit to whoever wrote the original recipe. I find them all the time on FB, ATF, etc. and just make sure I put the original mixers name on it. I think that smoked butterscotch recipe was one I saw on FB but didn't make since I didn't have all the FLV flavors.
    thanks Hitt I did include their name.
    The Maple one with smoked butterscotch is TDF. I do not add sweetener to anything. If it is not sweet enough for me I add a drop or two of Trader Joe's liquid Stevia which I always have on hand anyway for my coffee

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m still vaping my Shortbread Pudding. This is a bit sweet despite the Acai I used in it. I’m at a loss to see why it’s so sweet.
    I didn’t sleep good last night and I’m blaming that on my confusion. It’s my Creamy Almond Cookie that’s too sweet for me. Really tasty though. The Shortbread Pudding has an acceptable sweetness to me.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m trying to remember what I ordered some of these flavors for that I got yesterday. I need to get in a workout and then maybe mix a new recipe that Julia Su posted onn FB.
    Maybe you’ll make notes someday :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread