Random DIY mixing and More

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I sampled the MF Grapefruit, @FranC. I had mixed two SFTs, one with one drop in 9mls and the other with two drops. Tried the weaker one first. It was recognizable as grapefruit but was a little weak. The two-drop mix was better. Tastewise, it was a yellow grapefruit and not particularly sweet. Others may disagree.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I sampled the MF Grapefruit, @FranC. I had mixed two SFTs, one with one drop in 9mls and the other with two drops. Tried the weaker one first. It was recognizable as grapefruit but was a little weak. The two-drop mix was better. Tastewise, it was a yellow grapefruit and not particularly sweet. Others may disagree.
    Not sweet is great. Do you think 3 drops in 10ml? Also, do you like it?

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Not sweet is great. Do you think 3 drops in 10ml? Also, do you like it?
    I thought 2 drops was sufficient. And, yes, I liked it. It's a solid, straightforward grapefruit.

I tried the orange as well and wasn't impressed, but my tastebuds were tired, so I don't trust what they told me. Mixed it at only one drop, so, if it still leaves me cold when I try it again, I'll add another drop and let it steep again.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I thought 2 drops was sufficient. And, yes, I liked it. It's a solid, straightforward grapefruit.

I tried the orange as well and wasn't impressed, but my tastebuds were tired, so I don't trust what they told me. Mixed it at only one drop, so, if it still leaves me cold when I try it again, I'll add another drop and let it steep again.
    OK, I'll try 2 drops with some yogurt. I didn't get the Orange.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Important question: I screwed up and didn't save the blog after adding to it the last time, and I'm not sure what I need to add again. Didn't somebody post a banana bread recipe recently? I searched but didn't find it. And I know you posted a Julia Su recipe, @hittman, but it was a screenshot so searching won't find it. Would you remind me?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I filled my half-full Gen NET tank with Bilberry Cereal by mistake. Not too worried about it. Still tasty.

I do stuff like that from time to time. I’ll be refilling a tank and top it off with the wrong bottle. It usually doesn’t taste good.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Important question: I screwed up and didn't save the blog after adding to it the last time, and I'm not sure what I need to add again. Didn't somebody post a banana bread recipe recently? I searched but didn't find it. And I know you posted a Julia Su recipe, @hittman, but it was a screenshot so searching won't find it. Would you remind me?

I posted the Julia Su banana bread recipe. Is that the one you’re thinking of?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

3850180104f1807d5e962671c31baa49.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Any comments on that? Have you tried TFA? Doesn't matter... I have found many WF flavors that I like... it's going on "the list".

I think I did try the tfa but it was a very long time ago. I didn’t do a sft on the WF but really liked it in the recipe.

Reactions: FranC

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I do stuff like that from time to time. I’ll be refilling a tank and top it off with the wrong bottle. It usually doesn’t taste good.
    I had a NET with fruit. The Bilberry Cereal goes pretty good with it.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    I think high % work good for the first 2-4 years vaping, maybe more, maybe less. Most lose the taste for high % at some point.

That's interesting as I use 7% Lime also but this was a recipe written by someone else (don't know who at this point) so I just went with it and it works for me. :) Maybe in a year or two I'll "settle down". :lol:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That's interesting as I use 7% Lime also but this was a recipe written by someone else (don't know who at this point) so I just went with it and it works for me. :) Maybe in a year or two I'll "settle down". :lol:
    I don’t consider 7% high. Sounds like you have a mix. Some high and some not.

Users who are viewing this thread