Random DIY mixing and More

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I am British (live in the US though) and driving on the wrong side goes back to when people were riding horses still.

The practice far predates cars, according to The Telegraph. In fact, it goes back to the Middle Ages. In ye olden days, when traveling down a highway put you at risk of being attacked or robbed, traveling on the left was a matter of safety. Since most people were (and still are) right-handed, passing on the left meant leaving your sword-hand free to take on any challengers. Whether on foot, horseback, or in a carriage, you needed to be able to whip out your lance, sword, pitchfork, or staff in response to a threat—and quickly.

It wasn't till I moved to the US, I realized how many words we say different, there is 100's, even though I have pretty much converted to the American English, I still use my English at times, because you American's love it :)

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    my bcf order also arrived today :)
    and they threw in a sample of inw wunder waffle :wub: ....looked it up on their site but it doesn't have a description and the 3 reviews rated it badly ... guess we'll see....
    I have wunder waffle. Start out under 1% and go up. I used it to make a waffle with syrup last year for family. They liked it. I think I used 2% WW and 1% flavorart maple syrup. Just start out low. It wasn't bad like the reviews. It has a nutty cream like flavor.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I know that now. In fact I have a couple mixes steeping with biscuit in them to try. But I still can't help but think about a regular buttermilk biscuit when I see that flavor.
    I think biscuit is what "british" people call a shortbread cookie (and they call french fries chips and chips crisps)

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I grew up on stuff like that and learned how to make sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits before I was 10. Also pie crust, pancakes, poached eggs, french toast, egg noodles, and sugar cookies. Thanks mom!
    I could make french toast when I was 5 or 6 (with no supervision)

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Why bad day?

Sigh. I was gonna mention this anyway. I'm feeling pretty darn awful. Think it's too many med detoxes in too few times, a few too many moves, I am EXHAUSTED and increasingly depressed.

I need to get to bed. I need to check if a med I am taking to help with detox can make you like, depressed, which may be the case. Doc I talked to Saturday was supposed to have paperwork emailed to me, and contact by his secretary which did not happen. Not good. Behind. Overwhelmed. Just fried.

Staring into space territory when able just like is more appealing than much else. I will come read at the ungodly hour of my awakening so I don't fall back asleep, but I may just not be posting much for a few days. Bah.

IDK what to do. I'm pretty stressed about things mainly the doc/depression thing. I will be ok. But...sigh. Gotta do a LOT of sleeping I think and life isn't lending itself to that. Sadly.

Anna

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    What’s the recipe?

79c3436b02b08bc3cefd0ff0bb8c7a80.jpg

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sigh. I was gonna mention this anyway. I'm feeling pretty darn awful. Think it's too many med detoxes in too few times, a few too many moves, I am EXHAUSTED and increasingly depressed.

I need to get to bed. I need to check if a med I am taking to help with detox can make you like, depressed, which may be the case. Doc I talked to Saturday was supposed to have paperwork emailed to me, and contact by his secretary which did not happen. Not good. Behind. Overwhelmed. Just fried.

Staring into space territory when able just like is more appealing than much else. I will come read at the ungodly hour of my awakening so I don't fall back asleep, but I may just not be posting much for a few days. Bah.

IDK what to do. I'm pretty stressed about things mainly the doc/depression thing. I will be ok. But...sigh. Gotta do a LOT of sleeping I think and life isn't lending itself to that. Sadly.

Anna
    Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas

Anna

Anna,

I feel for you. Depression is one hell of a demon to have to carry. Going off too many meds so rapidly isn't good for you. I've been there. I know. Don't be afraid to seek help if you need it. I'm rooting for you.

Users who are viewing this thread