Random DIY mixing and More

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I tested my Orange Crumble Cookie recipe earlier.
Crumb-Cookies-02.jpg

It's good. Balanced. The shortbread cookie comes through nicely as does the crumble topping. The oranges sit further back in the mix, and that was a pleasant surprise. There is only what I consider to be a mild sweetness (I don't like sweet juices).

Orange Crumble Cookie

FA Blood Orange 2%
FA Royal Orange 1.5%
VT Milk Fresh 1.5%
INW Vanilla Cream 1%
SSA Shortbread Cookie 0.75%
WF Crumble Topping 0.75%

@Zazie can you please add this to your mega blog. TIA. :)

ETA: If you wanted to make this less sweet then skip the FA Royal Orange. It's there to balance and bring some mild sweetness to the FA Blood Orange. Blood orange has "zing" to it. Royal orange is more like drinking OJ.

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Preparing my next order from BCF, all will be 30ml bottles, list is not complete.
Lemon Cream Wafer-CNV Light Rum-VT
Watermelon-FA White Peach-FA
Cantaloupe-FA Lemon Meringue Tart-VT
Good list but consider (CAP) Honeydew instead of Cantaloupe (no, I haven't tried it but it is on my wishlist... tried a pre-made honeydew and loved it) For watermelon, I love Wayne's "water malone" but it's only available from Liquid Barn.

Reactions: Diver9543

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks for that, got a good belly laugh outta me. Good thing I wasn't drinking anything or vaping. I haven't heard "dupa" in quite some time. :D

My father-in-law was fluent in Polish and Ukrainian. He would even make some of those traditional gross smelling dishes. Like blood soup. First time I smelled that I nearly chucked up everything. You couldn't pay me to eat some of the things he made. Yuck and gross.

Koolkiz, I hope you get well real soon. Take care of you!!! :wub:

My father in law grew up as a black dirt farmer in NY and is Polish. He likes to teach our daughters Polish words.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Geekvape Aegis max, question.
    Every once in awhile it will go to 100 watts, without any buttons being pushed.
    I'll pick it up to vape and get a hot dry hit. Anyone else have a similar problem?
    Not familiar with that mod (is it removable battery?) I do have an 18650 mod that retains the wattage setting when replacing the battery but is unlocked so I have to remember to lock it every time I replace the battery.

Reactions: Diver9543

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I tested my Orange Crumble Cookie recipe earlier.
    View attachment 920115
    It's good. Balanced. The shortbread cookie comes through nicely as does the crumble topping. The oranges sit further back in the mix, and that was a pleasant surprise. There is only what I consider to be a mild sweetness (I don't like sweet juices).

Orange Crumble Cookie

FA Blood Orange 2%
    FA Royal Orange 1.5%
    VT Milk Fresh 1.5%
    INW Vanilla Cream 1%
    SSA Shortbread Cookie 0.75%
    WF Crumble Topping 0.75%

@Zazie can you please add this to your mega blog. TIA. :)

ETA: If you wanted to make this less sweet then skip the FA Royal Orange. It's there to balance and bring some mild sweetness to the FA Blood Orange. Blood orange has "zing" to it. Royal orange is more like drinking OJ.

That sounds good. I’m not sure if I have royal orange though.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Good list but consider (CAP) Honeydew instead of Cantaloupe (no, I haven't tried it but it is on my wishlist).
    Serious question.

How can you ask people to consider trying flavors you yourself admittedly have never tried? I can't understand that.

You do that a lot not only in this thread but in others.

No one I know here would do that.

And I am NOT picking on you. Merely pointing something out that makes zero sense to me (and likely others here). So please don't take offense.

Dude! :facepalm: :)

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Good list but consider (CAP) Honeydew instead of Cantaloupe (no, I haven't tried it but it is on my wishlist... tried a pre-made honeydew and loved it) For watermelon, I love Wayne's "water malone" but it's only available from Liquid Barn.
    I have a honeydew/cantaloupe one shot. I have the recipe for water malone. Thought I'd give a straight cantaloupe a try.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Serious question.

How can you ask people to consider trying flavors you yourself admittedly have never tried? I can't understand that.

You do that a lot not only in this thread but in others.

No one I know here would do that.

And I am NOT picking on you. Merely pointing something out that makes zero sense to me (and likely others here). So please don't take offense.

Dude! :facepalm: :)
    I very much agree.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I enjoy the milder winters. But our farmers not so much as they rely on decent snowfalls for their fields.

Snow provides soil moisture crops need to grow. Winter snowfall helps during the growing season because of the stored moisture that works its way down into the soil as the snow melts.

Global scientists have proven this is the result of one thing and one thing only. And I cannot go there as are there are some here who are anti science and head in sand types. However, it is becoming more difficult for them to deny the facts and the data. 98% of global scientists (experts) are in 100% agreement on the cause and its effects.

I would sacrifice mild winters in a heartbeat for the benefit of our farmers. Too many have gone under in recent times. I am no fan of corporate farming. Real farmers are a lifeblood of the USA.
    Snow also protects plants from fluctuations in temperature. There will undoubtedly be some frigid days this winter. If there's no snow cover, plants will suffer and many will die. I realize this doesn't affect annual crops, but destruction of perennial vegetation can lead to soil erosion, starvation for the pollinators, and sundry other ills.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Good list but consider (CAP) Honeydew instead of Cantaloupe (no, I haven't tried it but it is on my wishlist... tried a pre-made honeydew and loved it)

I'm confused by the above. 1) If he's planning to order FA Cantaloupe... why suggest that he order CAP Honeydew instead? :?: He's likely buying the Cantaloupe because it's the specific fruit flavoring HE wants...or maybe needs for a recipe. 2) Also - The pre-made honeydew you vaped and loved...may not be made with CAP Honeydew at all. There's no way to know if it's CAP, FA, TFA, or some other brand. ;) Your suggestion just seemed "odd", to me.

ETA: Oops! Just looked at new posts made while I was typing the above, and I see others thought it was odd, too, and already mentioned it.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    Hey @FranC, I started vaping the Strawberry Biscotto recipe last night after having it steep for about a month. The only thing I changed was subbing Red Touch for Shisha Strawberry. I am liking it so far. It is a bit light so I might increase the percentages a tad when I mix it again. But overall, I am really enjoying this recipe.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hey @FranC, I started vaping the Strawberry Biscotto recipe last night after having it steep for about a month. The only thing I changed was subbing Red Touch for Shisha Strawberry. I am liking it so far. It is a bit light so I might increase the percentages a tad when I mix it again. But overall, I am really enjoying this recipe.
    Glad you like it.:) I've been vaping a long time. What comes across as light flavor to you is more full flavor for me.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I understand (many people have mentioned this) Please understand I have done many hour and hours researching flavors (from multiple sources) Suppose you are looking to buy a car and I mention multiple great ratings and have read over 100 reviews. Is there any harm in mentioning this even though I don't personally own that car?

Users who are viewing this thread