Random DIY mixing and More

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I love marzipan, and the flavoring smells divine in the bottle, but when I made juice with it I couldn't taste marzipan at all. I mixed some up with vanilla and it did seem to add something to the vanilla taste though.

Anyway, I just loaded up a tank with some Vanilla Marzipan juice I made back in March and hadn't touched since. The marzipan came through really good, for the first time ever.

That is probably the longest I have kept that flavor sitting around. Not sure because I only started keeping a good record of mixes end of last year. I wonder if marzipan is a flavor that needs a really long steep, or maybe there's another explanation.
I haven't quite gotten the hang of using marzipan yet either.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Aurora is special, IMO. Nothing else is quite like it. That said, the Cranberry Gin on the Rocks is good with FA Lime Tahity cold pressed and the distilled, used together. Sub Distilled for the Aurora (start at .25% of the Distilled) and it will be similar. EcigExpress carries FA Aurora.

Thanks, I'll try the Distilled to start and Aurora is on the Labor Day list.

I missed the label discussion. My favorite is taking file labels, do not peel it off the backing, write the recipe name, date and mg, then wrap it with scotch tape, leaving a little tab to take it off later. When I'm ready to clean and reuse the bottle, the label comes off easily. I tried dissolvable labels like those for canning, that wasn't so good if juice dripped or my hands were damp! oops LOL.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I haven't quite gotten the hang of using marzipan yet either.

I tried it standalone which I try to do with new flavors. Didn't seem to have any taste at all, though I may not have steeped it much. It added a little interest to vanilla. That's all I've done with it so far. I didn't experiment with it other than that because I was disappointed with it. Should probably have persevered.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I tried it standalone which I try to do with new flavors. Didn't seem to have any taste at all, though I may not have steeped it much. It added a little interest to vanilla. That's all I've done with it so far. I didn't experiment with it other than that because I was disappointed with it. Should probably have persevered.
Everytime I add marzipan to a juice it gives an off note. Thought I might try adding another .5% since going lower didn't help. I'll try it with vanilla and see if that rounds it out for me.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Wish I could have slept in on a Sat morning but that didn't happen. At least I got some mixing done.

Sooooo any plans for today? Hubs has his CT scan early afternoon so I'm not going to be real productive....LOL. Still have several testers I really need to get back to.Don't know why I hate them so much. Just tedious I guess.

While I've been busy with other stuff my mixes have been steeping and I have a half dozen close enough to 30 days to try anytime.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I find tester tasting tedious as well Fran. I take them to work where I'm stuck with them for juice. Forces me to take more than a couple of hits so I do get a better idea how I would use them. This weekend it's butter pecan, caramel butter, pralines cream, and salted caramel.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    Wish I could have slept in on a Sat morning but that didn't happen. At least I got some mixing done.

Sooooo any plans for today? Hubs has his CT scan early afternoon so I'm not going to be real productive....LOL. Still have several testers I really need to get back to.Don't know why I hate them so much. Just tedious I guess.

While I've been busy with other stuff my mixes have been steeping and I have a half dozen close enough to 30 days to try anytime.

I tried to sleep in this morning too but it was not to be.:( I didn't get my Inawera package this week but I still have lots of new flavors here to mess around with. I'm going to mix that PB and bourbon recipe today.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I find tester tasting tedious as well Fran. I take them to work where I'm stuck with them for juice. Forces me to take more than a couple of hits so I do get a better idea how I would use them. This weekend it's butter pecan, caramel butter, pralines cream, and salted caramel.
    Sounds like you have a good plan there:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I tried to sleep in this morning too but it was not to be.:( I didn't get my Inawera package this week but I still have lots of new flavors here to mess around with. I'm going to mix that PB and bourbon recipe today.
    I'm liking the TFA DX Peanut Peanut a lot.Might go ahead and mix those other two PB recipes I have if I can find them now.

Hope your INW order shows up soon.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA
    I'm liking the TFA DX Peanut Peanut a lot.Might go ahead and mix those other two PB recipes I have if I can find them now.

Hope your INW order shows up soon.

Yup, DX PB is better than regular PB. One of my long time go to ADV's is TFA DX PB with LOR Banana Cream and some TFA Bavarian Cream. Never get tired of it.

I guess my Inawera order will arrive this coming week. It is kinda taking a long time but I did sort of push it though, ordered 18 bottles and I never usually order more than 10 or 11. It may be being held by customs for further inspection which means I will probably get hit with having to pay taxes on it. Doesn't happen often but when it does.... it pisses me off. I see it as a form of punishment here in Canada for buying stuff out of the country. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread