Random DIY mixing and More

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I know when I first started DIY I asked ecigexpress (now flavor jungle) about their VG. They sourced their VG USP (Pharmaceutical grade) at Procter ^ Gamble. I forgot the other manufacturer (US) but from my diy journeys I only found 2 actual manufacturers.

I used RTS which was Palm vg and never had foggy windows or build up. My last vg was from River Supply and it plastered itself on my windows. This time I'm trying Heartland vapes VG. I have used essential depot vg in the past and never had any issues with my windows fogging/residual vg on them.

I might have to go back to Bull City flavors and order their VG (which is Essential Depot). I still have a gallon to go.

P.S. I only use 40-50% vg in my mixes.

I have been using Essential Depot VG/PG since 2011 (never tried others since I buy their essential oils too) and never had the window fogging issue but they have gotten so expensive! It's cheaper to buy it at Bull City now thanks!!!

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I was gifted a whole .... load of Nautilus coils that I never found a real good use for. I’m hoping to like this so I can use some of those coils
I have a couple things I use nautilus coils in. But, by far I have more in use with the zenith coils. To me, they’re a better coil.

Doodlebug got a clean bill of health :banana:
Finally had a negative (not inconclusive) heartworm test. SO relieved!! He weighed 70 pounds, and let the vet tech he was mooning over cut his nails. Bonus is, we beat the post person home. My Sensis is out for delivery!

edit: caught my OOPS, meant to say zenith is better

Last edited:

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I have a couple things I use nautilus coils in. But, by far I have more in use with the zenith coils. To me, they’re not a better coil.

Doodlebug got a clean bill of health :banana:
Finally had a negative (not inconclusive) heartworm test. SO relieved!! He weighed 70 pounds, and let the vet tech he was mooning over cut his nails. Bonus is, we beat the post person home. My Sensis is out for delivery!

Yay Doodlebug!!! I am so happy, and I know you are relieved :)
Yay! I hope you like your senses!

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I do actually have something on my agenda related to vaping. Something @Katya posted last night about PG and VG got me thinking. I used about 70% VG and for the last few months, I have been dealing with kind of a congested feeling. Plus I have been getting a feeling of a film in my mouth every now and then.

I am thinking about mixing up some 50/50 juice. I always used high VG juice when vaping DL, but now that I am MTL, perhaps less VG would be better.

That was quite a rambling answer to your question about plans. What do you have going on today?

Seriously worth a try. I have been 70/30 or 60/40 PG VG almost from the beginning as I have the same experience as @Katya with anything above 40 VG and sometimes even at 40 if I vape it for the day. I also found flavors come through a lot more as VG mutes flavor so I can/do use a lot less % of flavoring.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Seriously worth a try. I have been 70/30 or 60/40 PG VG almost from the beginning as I have the same experience as @Katya with anything above 40 VG and sometimes even at 40 if I vape it for the day. I also found flavors come through a lot more as VG mutes flavor so I can/do use a lot less % of flavoring.
I actually mixed up a quick batch of one of my mixes a couple of hours ago in 50/50. It's pretty much a shake n vape, so I will let it settle overnight and try it out tomorrow.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So today I am vaping a new mix that I think turned out pretty good. It's fruity, but not too sweet. I've already gone though about 5ml of it since I woke up this morning.
    You need to post good mixes.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    You need to post good mixes.
    Ok...
    Presenting "Redbird's Refreshing Ribbit Juice"

Screenshot 2021-02-26 144114.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I ordered 7 boxes of Sceptre coils and a Nautilus Prime PV. The reason for the Nautilis is that I have a million coils and nothing I have do I like them in. I have 2-3 of the old Nautilus tanks but was never crazy about them. I also have the little Nautilus pods but meh. I've been looking at the Nautilus Prime for awhile so I figured it's time. I think it will vape better than the old Aspire stuff.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the Prime.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I ordered 7 boxes of Sceptre coils and a Nautilus Prime PV. The reason for the Nautilis is that I have a million coils and nothing I have do I like them in. I have 2-3 of the old Nautilus tanks but was never crazy about them. I also have the little Nautilus pods but meh. I've been looking at the Nautilus Prime for awhile so I figured it's time. I think it will vape better than the old Aspire stuff.

Just curious, did you get the 40w or the 60w version. I looked and didn't realize there were different ones.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on the Prime.
    Me too. Never really got into Aspire/Nauti coil stuff with much success. Hoping this more modern unit will let me use some of my coils up and be happy about it. BTW I got it in green.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I bet you were scared like I was! It is very startling experiencing something for the first time...because you have nothing to compare it to and don’t know what it is.
    I have noticed that I am becoming more sensitive to things as I get older :( I am not happy about it!! Lol

Our youngest daughter is allergic to citrus/citric acid. We make attempts to keep her away from it as much as possible, however, even with that she just had an episode last month. She wanted BBQ wings from Red Robin and wouldn't you know it, they put lemon in the BBQ sauce.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Our youngest daughter is allergic to citrus/citric acid. We make attempts to keep her away from it as much as possible, however, even with that she just had an episode last month. She wanted BBQ wings from Red Robin and wouldn't you know it, they put lemon in the BBQ sauce.

Here's a normal looking G.
    154234052_334646114624410_6561806248708550008_n.jpg

And when she is doing her best Rocky Balboa impression--
    154320115_842137793003318_6213605190009948135_n.jpg

It took a prescription of prednisone, benadryl, and ice packs to get rid of the swelling. The swelling slowly subsided but it took damn near a week to completely clear up.
    Poor girl :(

Users who are viewing this thread