Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I fell off a ladder boarding up my house in preparation for hurricane Emily in 2005. That was just before Katrina. I was leaving for a trip to Hawaii and didn't know if the stupid hurricane would hit my place or not while I was gone. I fell and landed face first into the pavement of the driveway, dislocating my big toe, cutting my gum, and chipping my front tooth. I went on that trip with a bruised face, and the hurricane veered south and didn't even come near my place. I kept that chipped front tooth until last year when my insurance actually paid for half of the repair.
    That must have been painful.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    I haven't been inhaling for a couple of years now. Took some dedicated training to my way of thinking but finally got used to it, and it just as automatic as inhaling was. I still get my nic fix but no longer have the cough or heavyness on my chest from too much

Yay, makes me happy.

:)

Lol Yay! That’s all that matters when it comes to vaping :) if it makes you happy it’s awesome :)

I also cannot even blow the vapor out of my nose either :( I get a bad headache and my nose clogs up and then my throat hurts later. That’s another sign it may be a sensitivity or maybe even an allergy. Blowing the vapor out of my nose was my favorite part too :) because of the taste. I am hoping to figure out what ingredient I am having issues with. I can live without inhaling, but I would enjoy being able to exhale vapor out my nose :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Lol Yay! That’s all that matters when it comes to vaping :) if it makes you happy it’s awesome :)

I also cannot even blow the vapor out of my nose either :( I get a bad headache and my nose clogs up and then my throat hurts later. That’s another sign it may be a sensitivity or maybe even an allergy. Blowing the vapor out of my nose was my favorite part too :) because of the taste. I am hoping to figure out what ingredient I am having issues with. I can live without inhaling, but I would enjoy being able to exhale vapor out my nose :)
    I hope you can figure it out.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    That must have been painful.

A trip to the ER right after it happened to get my toe set. That really hurt. Another one later that night when the cut between my gum and lower lip, which hadn't been bleeding before, started bleeding heavily. A visit to my primary care doctor for a tetanus shot and follow up. A visit with my dentist. All of this prior to leaving on the trip.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    A trip to the ER right after it happened to get my toe set. That really hurt. Another one later that night when the cut between my gum and lower lip, which hadn't been bleeding before, started bleeding heavily. A visit to my primary care doctor for a tetanus shot and follow up. A visit with my dentist. All of this prior to leaving on the trip.
    Hope you enjoyed the trip.

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Now - Now - Now - "My" Freind . . . There are a huge number of us "Farther Left" and Liberal people here too that vape and don't agree with the increase of taxes/fines on e-cig & e-liquids . . . . Just remember there were and still are a number of Conservatives/Rebublicians that voted for those taxes/fines also . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

LOL. I may be "your" freind, but "you're" my friend.
    I was writing about the draconian (70% state taxes) on vaping in MA and a couple of other left leaning states. Here, there are as many republicans/conservatives in the legislature as there are hen's teeth. So, it was a democrat bill. (LOL, I've never actually used that phrase before, but couldn't resist.) The unfortunate USPS ban did certainly get republicans/conservative votes including Trump, but what could they have done. It wasn't a free standing bill, just lumped into the spending bill which they had to pass.
    And, I'll say again, for most of my life, I've voted democrat and if I didn't express my current annoyances, everyone who knows me would tell you I was a lefty liberal. I'm angered by restrictions on freedom.
    Enough politics. Back to vaping.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    LOL. I may be "your" freind, but "you're" my friend.
    I was writing about the draconian (70% state taxes) on vaping in MA and a couple of other left leaning states. Here, there are as many republicans/conservatives in the legislature as there are hen's teeth. So, it was a democrat bill. (LOL, I've never actually used that phrase before, but couldn't resist.) The unfortunate USPS ban did certainly get republicans/conservative votes including Trump, but what could they have done. It wasn't a free standing bill, just lumped into the spending bill which they had to pass.
    And, I'll say again, for most of my life, I've voted democrat and if I didn't express my current annoyances, everyone who knows me would tell you I was a lefty liberal. I'm angered by restrictions on freedom.
    Enough politics. Back to vaping.

What she said, including the last line. Vape on!

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    162528650_5121947131211750_7564143579601213418_n.jpg
    Flavourart UK posted this recipe on FB Thought I would share if anyone is into FA
    170795407_232500224934856_85650289255633026_n.jpg

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I haven't been inhaling for a couple of years now. Took some dedicated training to my way of thinking but finally got used to it, and it just as automatic as inhaling was. I still get my nic fix but no longer have the cough or heavyness on my chest from too much

Yay, makes me happy.

:)
    I'm trying that as I write, and I'm not even sure how to do it. LOL.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    There is this Apple Pie recipe by @PapawBrett ,
    Forgive me but that sounds like an old recipe... thanks but I have other ideas going (and would be happy to share them if they work out) There was mention of something like Apple Strudel (WF?) This profile (and french toast) have become obsessions for me.
    P.S. If you could describe the original juice you liked, I would be very interested. Details... how much apple, crust, "cooked apple" filling, cinnamon? Like I said, I might be able to attempt a clone (I love a good challenge)

Reactions: YoursTruli

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I just saw that ricks posted that fasttech has some Z coils for $2.28 a box if anyone still needs some. The .48, .8, and 1.6 are on sale.
    Thank you! I assume (if I don't mind waiting forever) they will get through. I like the 0.8 but you are the one who convinced me about the 0.3 (vaping one right now ;) ) Wish I could get a few more of those.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I'm trying that as I write, and I'm not even sure how to do it. LOL.

@mattiem, a few others, and I have vaped without inhaling for years. It's the only way I've ever vaped, since I started vaping in Nov. 2013. I can't remember if mattiem and the others started that way or switched to it long ago. In about the last 2-3 years though, when vaping without inhaling to the lungs has come up in discussions...quite a few people have decided to try it. Some haven't been able to get the hang of it, but others have with practice. Our numbers have steadily been growing.

As far as how to do it - I pull vapor into my mouth the same way I used to pull in smoke from my ciggies. The difference in the 2 starts after it hits the back of my throat. Instead of then pulling it down to my lungs in the next split second or so with a 2nd littler inhale (as I did with smoke)...the vapor stays in my mouth for a second or 2, and I exhale it right back out, through my nose and/or mouth.

To me, the method is more like I've seen people do, who are smoking a pipe. But, most of those I've seen using a pipe...exhale only through their mouth.

Reasons I started vaping without inhaling to my lungs from the get-go were...1) I'd read and heard that nic in vapor is more readily absorbed by the cells of the cheek linings, nasal passages, and sinus cavities...rather than in the lungs. I knew I likely needed to get the most out of the nic in my vapor as I could, to help keep me off the smokes. So I decided to try the not inhaling to my lungs at all method. 2) I'd already been putting smoke into my lungs for 42+ years. I figured I'd give them a break the rest of my life and not inhale even vapor.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    Good saturated & delicious Werther's candy right off the warm bath & shake
    I only modded it to my ratio & strength from - ELR /recipe/3234119
    I should have made more but who knows until you try it.
    I'll decide whether to make more as-is or modify percentages after this 25ml is is vaped up.
    probably tomorrow night. yum.

170417901_2973436389553838_4365611586312098977_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread