Random DIY mixing and More

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I figured everyone liked massages. A friend I've known since we were youngsters gives me massages. She is a professional masseuse and is really good at it. :)
well....having a fear of being touched (hapnophobia), does make it a bit difficult to enjoy massages when even the slightest accident brush up from strangers sets your skin on fire.....

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
The upside of being old(er) is that we generally have less reactions to the 2nd shot. I had mine 8 days ago and the DH had his on Tuesday, both Moderna. We had sore arms and some fatigue 24 hrs later (a good excuse to take a nap!).

Only the husband could have fun getting his shot. He had it at a local hospital and came home with stories. The best info was from a nurse telling the group in the after-shot waiting area to do arm exercises every hour, 5 repetitions of : (1) move your arm like you're pushing a vacuum cleaner back and forth and (2) large arm circles. She said this would help with the soreness by stretching/relaxing the muscle. There may be some truth to this - he had less arm pain than I did. The nurse also emphasized staying hydrated and drinking water, eating veggies because they have a lot of water, that dairy is good for you and ice cream has a lot of water so you could eat that too!

It's a beautiful day here and time to get outside of the house and enjoy it while it lasts. Tomorrow is supposed to be cool and wet, I'll do my much needed mixing then.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Yep. But since it’ll take me longer than usual trying to figure out my son’s college PACT payments and college stuff (the PACT just stumps me) I thought I’d go ahead and at least get everything added up. I’m going to try to follow what the CPA did last year but of course he didn’t want me to understand it so I would come back to him. And since I’m on vacation I have more time to deal with it. I’m usually done really early but not this year as I’ve had a lot on my plate and I keep putting them off as it requires brain power.

My wife usually has ours done early too but hasn’t done them yet. She’s got a degree in financial management so I let her handle the taxes. We used to take them to a CPA but they got super expensive over the years and she volunteered to do them.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I have both TFA and FA apricot. I don’t think I’ve ever had either. What goes good with it outside of peach?

I don’t think I have apricot but what comes to mind is a baked crumble or something like that.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    You did good except for the oranges are a no no. Seems I was ok with them for a short while before the taste buds got riled up. The past plums I tried were too sweet so they got piffed. Haven’t done much with pineapple but the rest sounds great. I actually never thought of a tea. Thank you much.:) Which apricot is better?

You should try ssa bakery orange. It’s really good and different from other oranges I’ve tried.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Wow! Does it take bull city flavors a long time to restock? I'm about to give up on my wish list. :(
    From my experience it doesn't take them long with most flavors. Lately I think it's just the timing with so many people stocking up that they've run out of some.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    My wife usually has ours done early too but hasn’t done them yet. She’s got a degree in financial management so I let her handle the taxes. We used to take them to a CPA but they got super expensive over the years and she volunteered to do them.
    Mine were straightforward until college. Even though I can no longer itemize federal, most years I can itemize state. So I calculate every copay, mileage to and from doctors and dentist and pharmacy and charity, everything. I’m in the middle of figuring out medical now and although we are fairly healthy, it all adds up especially since son goes to doc quarterly and has monthly medication charges now. And now with college I just print cc statements so I can highlight the charges (and it will be proof for any auditor).

It’s a lot of prep work, and I’m very organized with my file system. It’s all in the file, just gotta organize it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Mine were straightforward until college. Even though I can no longer itemize federal, most years I can itemize state. So I calculate every copay, mileage to and from doctors and dentist and pharmacy and charity, everything. I’m in the middle of figuring out medical now and although we are fairly healthy, it all adds up especially since son goes to doc quarterly and has monthly medication charges now. And now with college I just print cc statements so I can highlight the charges (and it will be proof for any auditor).

It’s a lot of prep work, and I’m very organized with my file system. It’s all in the file, just gotta organize it.

With the new tax laws we’ve been better off taking the 24k deduction. We’ve had a kid in college for six years so she has to deal with that and we took money from a mutual fund last year to replace the furnace and ac.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I have that one. I've heard good things about it, but have not tried it yet. Like @hittman, and with the exception of one, I don't consider ry4's tobacco flavors. It's mostly caramel and vanilla... some have more caramel, some more vanilla, and some equally balanced.
    That’s it. I just had never seen it before. I bought the roku and have hardly used it so looked last night on the roku channel for something to watch.
    Lots of free stuff on roku. There is Tubi and if you have amazon prime it has free stuff also to prime users, just use your reg login to amazon after loading it in roku. Easy.

:)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    @Zazie

Lemonberry Wafer
    FA Lemon Sicily 1 1/2%
    WF Crispy Wafer 1 1/2%
    INW Wera Raspberry .5%
    FW Raspberry .5%
    WF Boysenberry/Raspberry 1%

That’s not much flavoring. Sounds good though.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Lots of free stuff on roku. There is Tubi and if you have amazon prime it has free stuff also to prime users, just use your reg login to amazon after loading it in roku. Easy.

:)

I don’t have prime but have google fiber tv, Netflix, Hulu, Disney plus, and discovery plus I think it’s called. My wife wanted it.

Katmar

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    The upside of being old(er) is that we generally have less reactions to the 2nd shot. I had mine 8 days ago and the DH had his on Tuesday, both Moderna. We had sore arms and some fatigue 24 hrs later (a good excuse to take a nap!).

Only the husband could have fun getting his shot. He had it at a local hospital and came home with stories. The best info was from a nurse telling the group in the after-shot waiting area to do arm exercises every hour, 5 repetitions of : (1) move your arm like you're pushing a vacuum cleaner back and forth and (2) large arm circles. She said this would help with the soreness by stretching/relaxing the muscle. There may be some truth to this - he had less arm pain than I did. The nurse also emphasized staying hydrated and drinking water, eating veggies because they have a lot of water, that dairy is good for you and ice cream has a lot of water so you could eat that too!

It's a beautiful day here and time to get outside of the house and enjoy it while it lasts. Tomorrow is supposed to be cool and wet, I'll do my much needed mixing then.
    I am older and the second pfizer shot did me in for about 15 hours. Nothing I couldn't handle, but was glad when I felt better. Would do it ALL again in a minute!
    I had chills, fever, aches, pains, headache, all gone in about 15 hours, then about 2 days of extra fatigue. Not really bad and it passed quickly. I was surprised I had all the reactions I did at my age, but, again, would do it all over with no qualms.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I used to use a recipe that had ry4, pb, and AP in it but can’t remember what it was called.

I still didn’t get around to mixing with the new Flv ry4. I think I’ll do a 10ml mix tomorrow using it instead of holy ry4 in the ry4 cream recipe. I can’t decide whether to use 1 or 2% of the Flv.
    Was it Goofy’s Juice? It also has hazelnut though. Looks good

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I was able to get some stuff done this morning. Still working a little at a time on organizing vape stuff and mixed sft of WF salmiak and Hawaiian Punch to try.
    I didn't know WF had an Hawaiian Punch flavor! Added to my wishlist.

Users who are viewing this thread