Random DIY mixing and More

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    That's 99 times more than me. I bet your book is pretty worn out by now.

I've worn out some copies. I have it on kindle now. I might be exaggerating when I said 99 times, just means I've read it a lot.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've made my BCF order list to make the basic wedding cake recipe, but I'm too broke to order. It'll have to wait until next payday.
    Well, I’ve seen you’re well stocked on pv’s at least.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Work, grocery shopping, and doing some cleaning. All boring, but necessary tasks.

You?
    At the moment I’m contemplating mixing a lemonade that I did buy two FLV flavors for. The recipe was posted here quite awhile back and Zazie said I should try it which is why I bought the 2 flavors. I did write the recipe down and I guess I have nothing to lose by mixing it.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I've worn out some copies. I have it on kindle now. I might be exaggerating when I said 99 times, just means I've read it a lot.
    I figured as much. I have some books I've reread a bunch too and had to buy second copies.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning mixers. I have no idea what happened but I woke up almost an hour late today. I woke up and the lamp on my night stand was on which in itself was weird but my alarm either didn't go off or I got up and shut it off. I don't remember getting up. There was no way I was going to work without a shower and brushing teeth. I made it quick and was able to get to work with five minutes to spare. I usually get to work about 20 minutes early. Days that start off like this never go well so I'm expecting things to be off today.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Have you ever thought of getting an exercise bike? I use mine in the winter mostly, but it's also good to use if I'm having plantar fasciitis issues. It might be easier on your arthritis pain than running would be.

We used to have an exercise bike. It wasn't a great one and that's how I first started getting back into exercising after years of not doing much. I didn't really care for it and ended up giving it to my mother in law. I have a treadmill, smith cage, free weights, and an inexpensive elliptical machine I bought from a coworker that bought it new and never used it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning mixers. I have no idea what happened but I woke up almost an hour late today. I woke up and the lamp on my night stand was on which in itself was weird but my alarm either didn't go off or I got up and shut it off. I don't remember getting up. There was no way I was going to work without a shower and brushing teeth. I made it quick and was able to get to work with five minutes to spare. I usually get to work about 20 minutes early. Days that start off like this never go well so I'm expecting things to be off today.
    Hopefully, your day is better than you think it will be.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I've been tweaking my Strawberry Yogurt Cake recipe and finally have it right where I want it.

@Zazie can you please delete the one in your Blog and replace it with this one? TIA

Strawberry Yogurt Cake

MF Strawberry 2%
    FLV Cream 1%
    INW Vanilla Cream 0.5%
    FW Yogurt 1.5%
    WF Fluffy White Cake 1%

Steeping: 4 weeks minimum. After 6 weeks MF strawberry really comes into its own.

MF Strawberry is one of Medicine Flower's weaker flavors hence the high percentage. IMO it is the most accurate strawberry around. It's like eating a fresh ripe juicy California strawberry. In this recipe the strawberry is very much present but not in an in-your-face kind of way. It blends like it should in a real cake.

FW Yogurt and WF Fluffy White Cake work really well together. IMO they were made for each other. Combined they make for a denser and more complex vape. More mouth feel.

The yogurt brings some tanginess plus a little sour. I've made this with the yogurt at 3% and it brings out more of the tang + sour. Fluffy white cake is not a very sweet cake. I've made this with it at 2% for more of the cake flavor.

This can be made minus the yogurt and cake for a flavorful Strawberry Cream.

Leave the cake out for a Strawberry Yogurt. Consider raising the yogurt up to 3%.

Leave the yogurt out for a simple Strawberry Cake. Bump fluffy white cake to 2-2.5%.

I tested it all 3 ways.

Note 1: FA Strawberry along with FA Juicy Strawberry (1:1) are perfect substitutes for the MF Strawberry. In my testing I went with 2% each. Together the FA strawberries make a very convincing and realistic strawberry.

Note 2: The strawberry could be removed altogether and another fruit easily subbed. Raspberry (or other berries), Island Mango, Banana, Kiwi, Pineapple, Peach, Nectarine, Oranges, Watermelon would all work. There are more fruits that would work. Combinations of those fruits would also work nicely.

Note 3: Minus fruit it is a yogurt cake base.

:)

Last edited:

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    I've been tweaking my Strawberry Yogurt Cake recipe and finally have it right where I want it.

@Zazie can you please delete the one in your Blog and replace it with this one? TIA

Strawberry Yogurt Cake

MF Strawberry 2%
    FLV Cream 1%
    INW Vanilla Cream 0.5%
    FW Yogurt 1.5%
    WF Fluffy White Cake 1%

Steeping: 4 weeks minimum. After 6 weeks MF strawberry really comes into its own.

MF Strawberry is one of Medicine Flower's weaker flavors hence the high percentage. IMO it is the most accurate strawberry around. It's like eating a fresh ripe juicy California strawberry. In this recipe the strawberry is very much present but not in an in-your-face kind of way. It blends like it should in a real cake.

FW Yogurt and WF Fluffy White Cake work really well together. IMO they were made for each other. Combined they make for a denser and more complex vape. More mouth feel.

The yogurt brings some tanginess plus a little sour. I've made this with the yogurt at 3% and it brings out more of the tang + sour. Fluffy white cake is not a very sweet cake. I've made this with it at 2% for more of the cake flavor.

This can be made minus the yogurt and cake for a flavorful Strawberry Cream.

Leave the cake out for a Strawberry Yogurt. Consider raising the yogurt up to 3%.

Leave the yogurt out for a simple Strawberry Cake. Bump fluffy white cake to 2-2.5%.

I tested it all 3 ways.

Note 1: FA Strawberry along with FA Juicy Strawberry (1:1) are perfect substitutes for the MF Strawberry. In my testing I went with 2% each. Together the FA strawberries make a very convincing and realistic strawberry.

Note 2: The strawberry could be removed altogether and another fruit easily subbed. Raspberry (or other berries), Island Mango, Banana, Kiwi, Pineapple, Peach, Nectarine, Oranges, Watermelon would all work. There are more fruits that would work. Combinations of those fruits would also work nicely.

Note 3: Minus fruit it is a yogurt cake base.

:)
    Yummy. I don't have the vanilla or cream in your recipe, but I like that FW Yogurt and Fluffy Cake go together well. Fluffy White Cake is a great flavor.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I've heard that the "new" ice cream trinity is: (SSA) ice cream vanilla, (WF) vanilla ice cream and (TFA) vanilla swirl. Even the first two together sound great but I've never tried vanilla swirl and it seems so popular and versatile so I'm getting all three.
    Right.

You're referring to ID10-T's 1-2-3 VIC recipe.

SSA Ice Cream Vanilla 1%
    WF Vanilla Ice Cream SC 3%
    TFA/TPA Vanilla Swirl 2%

There are many IC bases out there. Including EyeMakePizza's Trinity Vanilla Ice Cream which is mentioned on ID10-T's 1-2-3 VIC recipe page.

I've tried many IC's, and for me, the SSA Ice Cream and SSA Ice Cream Vanilla combined are the best... IMO and for my tastes.

As always YMMV.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015

Users who are viewing this thread