ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Thanks.

And thanks again. :)

Right.

Here is what I'm thinking: 3% Nanaimo, 2.5% white cake, 1.5% fresh cream and 1% cappuccino to start.
I was wrong about flaky (on the bars, not my brain lol). Nanaimo bars “consist of 3 layers, a graham cracker crumb and chocolate base, a custard flavored icing, finished with a chocolate coating”. Unless you’re not trying to make the bar, just using it as a base flavor for something different… then, cake would work fine

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
IMO I still think you should consider getting an actual peanut butter flavor for your PB&J juice. It would be far more accurate using a peanut butter flavor in your PB&J than the sesame candy.

Alternatively, if you want to keep the sesame candy then consider adding a PB to your mix. Lower the sesame so it's in more of a supporting role to the PB.
I think you misunderstood... I have TFA peanut butter (dx) I use that in the PB banana pudding recipe. The sesame was just an experiment (with croissant and caramel) I really have no intention of continuing that experiment (just that I already had some mixed so "played" with it) BTW, tried it with boysenberry preserves, orange marmalade and also acai... they were all good. I am actually trying to find a better use for the sesame but don't have any ideas.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I can't beleive I just ordered another smok Scar Mini, I mean I have two on order already!!! But, but I just gotta have the fluid red one..........don't I??????????:rolleyes:

Is that what they mean when they say someone is a glutton for punishment?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Isn’t nanaimo a flaky pastry? Could you boost it with croissant? Ignore me if I have the wrong dessert in my head. A traditional cake seems too heavy irl.

Im thinking on the nanaimo/cappuccino… I’ll stick with your %s on the bar and the cream, but I think I’ll go 0.5% on the cappuccino. I want it to be in the background. Also….Could a caramel be added, or is that just going to muck things up?
    Yes Nanaimo, per notes, has either like a flaky pastry, or like a wafer or maybe even a lighter biscuit in it (Liam thinks one of last two). That part is still undefinable to both of us. It totally has a lighter bakery "something" in it. I'm hoping that at 3% it brings that out more.

I went with 2.5% FW white cake with the thinking that going with a lighter touch it wouldn't be as heavy. You could be correct, my croissant base minus the mascarpone might be all it needs to flesh out its bakery thingamabob. That's something to try for sure.

A while back I did put some Nanaimo in an RTA with one of my caramel mixes and it was good. Caramels work with Nanaimo. I would try your idea minus the caramel. Get the basics to taste and then add caramel(s).

For my tastes, I would normally go with 0.5% cappucinno and that should put it nicely in the background with Nanaimo at 2.5%. At 3% Nanaimo I would consider 0.75% cappucinno.

But this one is for Butch and I am pretty sure he will bump the cappucinno up to ~1.5%, like he did with the coffee cake, so I wanted to make sure there was enough Nanaimo in this to hold up to him boosting the coffee.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I think you misunderstood... I have TFA peanut butter (dx) I use that in the PB banana pudding recipe. The sesame was just an experiment (with croissant and caramel) I really have no intention of continuing that experiment (just that I already had some mixed so "played" with it) BTW, tried it with boysenberry preserves, orange marmalade and also acai... they were all good. I am actually trying to find a better use for the sesame but don't have any ideas.
    Ok, got it now.

FWIW, I just googled "what goes with sesame candy" and there a ton of recipes. You may want to do that. Might find some interesting ideas to help you figure out what to do with sesame.

FWIW #2, I like looking at foodie web site for DIY juice ideas.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Yes Nanaimo, per notes, has either like a flaky pastry, or like a wafer or maybe even a lighter biscuit in it (Liam thinks one of last two). That part is still undefinable to both of us. It totally has a lighter bakery "something" in it. I'm hoping that at 3% it brings that out more.

I went with 2.5% FW white cake with the thinking that going with a lighter touch it wouldn't be as heavy. You could be correct, my croissant base minus the mascarpone might be all it needs to flesh out its bakery thingamabob. That's something to try for sure.

A while back I did put some Nanaimo in an RTA with one of my caramel mixes and it was good. Caramels work with Nanaimo. I would try your idea minus the caramel. Get the basics to taste and then add caramel(s).

For my tastes, I would normally go with 0.5% cappucinno and that should put it in nicely the background with Nanaimo at 2.5%. At 3% Nanaimo I would consider 0.75% cappucinno.

But this one is for Butch and I am pretty sure he will bump the cappucinno up to ~1.5%, like he did with the coffee cake, so I wanted to make sure there was enough Nanaimo in this to hold up to him boosting the coffee.
    Butch loves himself some COFFEEEEEEE, so the more cappuccino the merrier I guess lol. I drink a lot of it, but for myself I’d prefer a light note in a vape.

I looked at a couple of irl recipes for nanaimo that used lightly crushed graham crackers in the base. Honestly, I may have been mixing it together in my head with the mille feuille, which I’m sure is a puff pastry/custard napoleon type deal. I do think taking the croissant base and turning it into a dessert would be yummy. I’m feeling a little bit of cake burnout atm, so that really appeals to me

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I was wrong about flaky (on the bars, not my brain lol). Nanaimo bars “consist of 3 layers, a graham cracker crumb and chocolate base, a custard flavored icing, finished with a chocolate coating”. Unless you’re not trying to make the bar, just using it as a base flavor for something different… then, cake would work fine
    Yes, that's also Nanaimo. Back when I was first thinking of ordering Nanaimo bars I looked up Nanaimo recipes to see what it was all about. There are different variations. Some use graham while others lean more cake/pastry. IIRC one or two used more of a biscuit. Different fillings too. And there are some that used coconut. Also a chocolate ganache. Some folks like it with more of a milk chocolate while others prefer a darker one. Some had nuts. It must be regional tastes or whatnot.

Butch

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2011
    433 miles north. of the Alamo
    Done !!!

"Butch's Nanaimo Cappucinno" mixed. :thumbs:

Needs a good steep and then ??? who knows. :eek: :confused: o_O

:lol: :lol:
    All this from a silly wise crack ..............hummmm makes me think ..............what wisecrack would a millionaire get excited about ....??????:unsure:

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Yes, that's also Nanaimo. Back when I was first thinking of ordering Nanaimo bars I looked up Nanaimo recipes to see what it was all about. There are different variations. Some use graham while others lean more cake/pastry. IIRC one or two used more of a biscuit. Different fillings too. And there are some that used coconut. Also a chocolate ganache. Some folks like it with more of a milk chocolate while others prefer a darker one. Some had nuts. It must be regional tastes or whatnot.
    What about one of the shortbreads?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    All this from a silly wise crack ..............hummmm makes me think ..............what wisecrack would a millionaire get excited about ....??????:unsure:
    I think the guy who suggested Post-It notes to his buddy knows.

You can try some wise cracks out on me after I win the big lottery. :lol: :lol:

But, for that to happen I need to play and I don't remember the last time I bought a ticket. :confused:

All the folks who buy multiple lottery tickets and like 30 scratch offs crack me up at the gas station I go to. Everyone here has to have those types in their area. They're irritating when the line is long and they're still trying to figure out what scratch offs to get. :mad: "I'll take 2 of the Knuckhead Ding Dongs, 4 of the Color Me Silly and.......", "no wait, I want 6 of...and 2 of...". :grr:

Meanwhile, I just want $20 worth of gas. :D

Users who are viewing this thread