Random DIY mixing and More

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I went to the pain clinic first thing this morning for injections, then my doctors office for a drop in appointment because he's taking a 7 day 4th of July vacation and got my meds all refilled.

Then after all that my husband and I hit up the Chinese buffet for lunch and now we are home again, because it's naptime! hahaha

I love being old enough not to feel weird about saying that! haha
Way to go! :) Naps are wonderful. :D

The shot I had in my knee took full effect a few days ago and could happily go up and down stairs normally for a change with no pain. Sure is faster than the one step at time I did for so long.
Great news. :thumbs: Next comes the Boston marathon. ;)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I tried Thingamabob #2 earlier. It is much nicer minus SSA dessert Chocolate. There is more clarity and definition between the flavors now. I dropped cashew to 0.25% to see how that would work (it works nicely).

Good call on dropping dessert chocolate @FranC. :thumbs:

@Zazie, can you please delete the original Nanaimo Thingamabob from your blog and insert this one instead? TIA

Nanaimo Thingamabob

WF Nanaimo Bars 2%
WF Fluffy White Cake 1.5%
WF Cashew 0.25%

Alternatively, increase cashew to 0.5% for more cashew flavor. The cashew is good at 0.25% and at 0.5%. If you desire a little more chocolate flavor bump Nanaimo to 2.5%. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I tried Thingamabob #2 earlier. It is much nicer minus SSA dessert Chocolate. There is more clarity and definition between the flavors now. I dropped cashew to 0.25% to see how that would work (it works nicely).

@Zazie, can you please delete the original Nanaimo Thingamabob from your blog and insert this one instead? TIA

Nanaimo Thingamabob

WF Nanaimo Bars 2%
    WF Cashew 0.25%

Alternatively, increase cashew to 0.5% for more cashew flavor. The cashew is good at 0.25% and at 0.5%. If you desire a little more chocolate flavor bump Nanaimo to 2.5%. :)
    I haven’t tried mine yet but I’m sure it’s better.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Tuesday I placed an order at Nom Nomz for the other new FA's that will not be sold in the US. I also bought Chemnovatic Sponge Cake and OOO Corn Bread. And few other misc flavors.

FWIW, Nom Nomz includes tracking with their Royal Mail service. The only other option for shipping was DHL. I can wait however long it takes for RM and USPS. My last NN's order in April took about 3 weeks.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I tried Thingamabob #2 earlier. It is much nicer minus SSA Dessert Chocolate. There is more clarity and definition between the flavors now. I dropped cashew to 0.25% to see how that would work (it works nicely).

Nanaimo Thingamabob

WF Nanaimo Bars 2%
    WF Cashew 0.25%

Oh, great! I haven't even tried version 1 yet let alone mixed version 2.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I tried Thingamabob #2 earlier. It is much nicer minus SSA Dessert Chocolate. There is more clarity and definition between the flavors now. I dropped cashew to 0.25% to see how that would work (it works nicely).

Nanaimo Thingamabob

WF Nanaimo Bars 2%
    WF Cashew 0.25%

But of course. Fingers crossed the link works and keeps on working. (I wonder if any progress has been made on figuring out the problem with the links. They were still iffy the last time checked.)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    But of course. Fingers crossed the link works and keeps on working. (I wonder if any progress has been made on figuring out the problem with the links. They were still iffy the last time checked.)
    Thank you Zaz :wub:

Hopefully the tech folks can get your blog squared away. I have my fingers and toes crossed. If they can't, I think the worst case scenario is we simply look 1 or 2 pages ahead of the page a link takes us to in order to find the desired recipe. If it comes down to that you may want to include instructions at the top of your blog, in bold, for folks who don't know what is going on.

I know, I know, I know... that is not the ideal and I would hate for it to come to that. Just trying to help. :)

Butch

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2011
    433 miles north. of the Alamo
    Thank you Zaz :wub:

Hopefully the tech folks can get your blog squared away. I have my fingers and toes crossed. If they can't, I think the worst case scenario is we simply look 1 or 2 pages ahead of the page a link takes us to in order to find the desired recipe. If it comes down to that you may want to include instructions at the top of your blog, in bold, for folks who don't know what is going on.

I know, I know, I know... that is not the ideal and I would hate for it to come to that. Just trying to help. :)
    ZAZIE'S BLOG

IT'S EITHER THE RUSSIAN HACKERS, OR THE TIC TAC AILIENS DID IT I TELL YA ..........

:spam:. :blink::confused:

• Agree
    Reactions: Zazie

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I went ahead and and placed an order with nomnomz for a few of the new FA flavors and of course the cnv sponge cake I'm almost out of for the orange tart recipe. I may go ahead and order five boxes of the 2s coils to have on hand. That should last me quite a while with the two I have.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Wow, that had to be extremely scary for you both. So glad to hear she is back to work. Much hope that all continues to go well for you both. :wub:

On the flavor front, I'm sure you've heard of all the new FA flavors by now?

I did get an email when they initially were released. I was tempted, but wanted to see some reviews from others before I got them. It really was a good deal though and I kind of wished I jumped on them then. Some new flavors can take year or two to gather a few reviews on BCF.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I went ahead and and placed an order with nomnomz for a few of the new FA flavors and of course the cnv sponge cake I'm almost out of for the orange tart recipe. I may go ahead and order five boxes of the 2s coils to have on hand. That should last me quite a while with the two I have.
    The coils are pre order on sourcemore.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The coils are pre order on sourcemore.

I know but I'm not in a hurry. They will get more eventually. Between the ones I have and the rba, I can hold off needing them.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did get an email when they initially were released. I was tempted, but wanted to see some reviews from others before I got them. It really was a good deal though and I kind of wished I jumped on them then. Some new flavors can take year or two to gather a few reviews on BCF.
    I'm sure there will be more flavor reviews on this thread once folks get into trying the new flavors.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I've done the cryosurgery before. Not really a surgery, more of an in office procedure. It's good news that the doctor elected that route because it means the precancerous cells aren't too aggressive if they can be frozen off. It's very similar to freezing off a wart on the skin. Fibroids aren't much of a problem unless the get big and cause pain. Lots of women have them and never know it. They're so common that I'm surprised the first doctor misdiagnosed them. I'm glad she is doing well.

The fibroids are causing pain and excessive bleeding . They gave her a medication to slow the heavy bleeding down and want to wait 6 months to see if it decreases in size. Since you seem somewhat familiar with this, do you think it's normal to wait that long to see if it decreases in size? According to the doctor one is 22mm and the other is 37mm. I think I remember there being a couple more but they were smaller.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Yup, getting them here too (just had a clap of thunder). Kitty is hiding behind the couch in the living room. Earlier she was under my chair but I made the mistake of getting up in between the storms. It started up again and she didn't come back to me. She's thinking about it and peaking around the corner LOL.

I have all but the Condensed Milk and have to figure out a sub for it (Cream Milk Undertones OOO?). Despite the deals, I don't want to add to my stash if I can avoid it.

I guess I have to go to Nomnoz for the new FA flavors, but (a) I can't seem to get to 30ml sizes and (b) the shipping is $$. I want some things from BCF but I'm not sure I need them now or if I wait for Chef's? Decisions, decisions.. I'm not sure what I'll order. Nomnoz has a special for FA croissant and I want to check reviews (I have SMT's croissant base steeping).

I'm not into florals (hibiscus, honeysuckle etc.). I had a conflict in my calculator and lost which recipe I used Oba Oba. I know it was a decent mix but can't remember what it was. My inventory says I haven't used it but I know I have. I may have lost the recipe I made (UGH!)

Sad part is it's self inflicted.. I thought 2 computers were pointing to the same file.. they weren't. I really need to revisit my stash (one by one) to verify my inventory and reorganize it. There's a slim chance I'll do that over the long weekend (as in, bet I won't). I made Fran's 3B cheesecake, but my current file says it's never been made. What a PIA. I'd rather set up another atty to play with this weekend than do the inventory and reorganization (or maybe mix since I cleaned bottles last weekend).

@Skeebo Glad to see you popping in and good news for your wife. I've been sending positive thoughts FWIW. It sounds like it was scary (I had an experience with fibroids so I feel the pain). Thanks for your Banana Moon Pie, it's in my stash and hope that sometime you decide to post recipes again. I've liked them. Also, how are the babies? I miss them as well. Best to you & the wife.

I have a few new recipes that I found that I am really enjoying, I'll post soon. But I can quickly recommend one flavor one shot type deal that I think is pretty good all by itself. Pchela's Famous 5 Layer from Mom & Pops. I placed an order with them and they sent me about 6 10ml samples. Pchela's F5L was one and mixed at 10% with a 2 week steep it's pretty tasty.

I'll post some baby pics soon. I've been really busy and have not taken a lot of pics this year. I did shoot a couple of some sub-adults getting some sun the other day though.
    200169429_285414083265909_9169386038309922119_n.jpg

197423859_285857319888252_3388477411137104334_n.jpg

198908914_285402326600418_1708575322224277011_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread