Random DIY mixing and More

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
@Zazie, I had a few recipes with broken screenshots. I'll post the ones I can find in the thread like you did above. Save you some time kiddo. :)

@Skeebo posted this one. You have it in Candy/dessert/Bakery.

Majestic Raspberry Doughnut (Nick Evans recipe ELR)
#fruit #Skeebo

original note on doughnut base
Random DIY mixing and More

That permalink ^^^ has the note on the base.

Note from permalink (above):

Nick Evans Doughnut Base recipe.

Crispy Wafer SC WF .50%
Croissant VTA 1.4%
Fluffy White Cake SC WF 1.5%
Glazed Doughnut SC WF 2.75%'

Majestic Raspberry Doughnut (Nick Evans recipe)

Nicks doughnut base 6%
VTA Raspberry Jam 1.75%
OOO Strawberry Jam 0.5%
CAP Super Sweet 0.5%
FA Wow 2.5%

ETA: Or would you prefer I email those to you? Whatever is easiest for you, lemme know. Thanks.

*RJ*

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2015
Vaping since 8/9/2012
So I took some time during lunch to look at the flavor list in elr, sorted it by number of recipes that use that flavor, and went down the first five pages to see which flavors I already have and the ones I don't have. I just figured it would be a good way to see what I'm missing. From those 5 pages, I'm missing 42 flavors. o_O Not happening. But I am thinking of getting the 10 from the first two pages. I don't have koolada and that would probably open up a lot of recipe options. I also don't have cactus...I've been avoiding it but I may get it. Any opinions on cactus? Should I skip it or buy it? I think I have transferred my buying addiction from gear to flavors. :facepalm:

HOWEVER, next month after I get paid, I'm thinking about heading to my local vape store and picking up the Caliburn G...I can't get it off my mind for some reason. I've wanted it for a while now.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Testing FA's new Vanilla Cookie (1%) today. I am very impressed. It's a rich, buttery, plain vanilla cookie. It is nothing like CAP Sugar Cookie v1 (sickly sweet). The vanilla and butter notes are tucked in nicely behind the cookie. There are no off notes.

There is a mid level sweetness. I do like FA VC as is, it's not too sweet for me. A little SSA Shortbread Cookie (0.25%-0.5%) would work well to further reduce sweetness, if desired.

I'm happy I bought a 2oz bottle before BCF pulled it. Currently only Chef's and Nom Nomz are selling it.

IMO, it is very different than any of the other cookie flavors out there. FA did an excellent job with Vanilla Cookie.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Testing FA's new Vanilla Cookie (1%) today. I am very impressed. It's a rich, buttery, plain vanilla cookie. It is nothing like CAP Sugar Cookie v1 (sickly sweet). The vanilla and butter notes are tucked in nicely behind the cookie. There are no off notes.

There is a mid level sweetness. I do like FA VC as is, it's not too sweet for me. A little SSA Shortbread Cookie (0.25%-0.5%) would work well to further reduce sweetness, if desired.

I'm happy I bought a 2oz bottle before BCF pulled it. Currently only Chef's and Nom Nomz are selling it.

IMO, it is very different than any of the other cookie flavors out there. FA did an excellent job with Vanilla Cookie.
    I did reply to your post but it fell back a page. Not sure if you saw.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I also don't have cactus...I've been avoiding it but I may get it. Any opinions on cactus? Should I skip it or buy it?

From what I've seen here, at ELR and ATF, most folks use INW Cactus to add juiciness to a mix. It does that very nicely when used at very low percentages. Many use it between 0.25%-0.5%. That's how I've used it. Honestly, you only need to use a little for it to add juiciness.

If used at higher percentages it has an aloe vera taste. Many find that to be rather nasty. And it is, IMO.

Think of Cactus more as an additive for your mixes versus a flavor. It works well that way.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I used my ice cream base with .75% Crispy Wafer and VTA Chocolate Mousse 2%. Very tasty IMO.
    Thank you!!! :wub:

I'm going to try WF SC Sugar Cone and chocolate mouse in a 10ml tester with the IC base. Hope to mix that today.

From reviews I've read many say WF sugar cone is just like a Drumstick cone irl. :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    So I took some time during lunch to look at the flavor list in elr, sorted it by number of recipes that use that flavor, and went down the first five pages to see which flavors I already have and the ones I don't have. I just figured it would be a good way to see what I'm missing. From those 5 pages, I'm missing 42 flavors. o_O Not happening. But I am thinking of getting the 10 from the first two pages. I don't have koolada and that would probably open up a lot of recipe options. I also don't have cactus...I've been avoiding it but I may get it. Any opinions on cactus? Should I skip it or buy it? I think I have transferred my buying addiction from gear to flavors. :facepalm:

HOWEVER, next month after I get paid, I'm thinking about heading to my local vape store and picking up the Caliburn G...I can't get it off my mind for some reason. I've wanted it for a while now.

I used the cactus successfully in a recipe at low percentage. I wouldn't go over 1% personally. I tried a recipe I think was called the grapist or something like that and it used 2.5% cactus. It was disgusting!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thank you!!! :wub:

I'm going to try WF SC Sugar Cone and chocolate mouse in a 10ml tester with the IC base. Hope to mix that today.

From reviews I've read many say WF sugar cone is just like a Drumstick cone irl. :)
    I saw that but I no longer buy anything with sugar in the name. Please let me know how sweet it is.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Ok, I will post those here. :)
    Sorry if I was terse. I'm hyperfocused at the moment, so manners fall by the wayside.

Re cactus, for me, even .25% wrecks a mix. Yet more evidence of how different our taste buds can be. In case we needed any more.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Sorry if I was terse. I'm hyperfocused at the moment, so manners fall by the wayside.
    I didn't think you were terse at all. Your manners were fine too. And I fully understand where your focus lies. I just wish I could help with updating your blog.

:wub:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @Skeebo, you posted a recipe called LBCEE some time back. It was a screenshot and it's broken.

I tried searching for it on ELR, ATF and Google and found nothing named LBCEE.

If you are up to it, could you please post the recipe here for Zazie so she can add it to her blog? TIA

I hope all is going well for you and your family Bro. :)

Please post more turtle pics. :thumbs: And your GSD too, would love to see how he's grown.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I also don't have cactus...I've been avoiding it but I may get it. Any opinions on cactus?

use INW Cactus to add juiciness to a mix. It does that very nicely when used at very low percentages.

I fall into that camp ;) Yes, no more that 1%! For a moister "feel" to the vapor.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @Zazie, permalink for recipe had a broken screenshot.

Candy/Dessert/Bakery

Apple Butterscotch Custard v6 (recipe by Dellvapes on ELR)
    #fruit #Skeebo

CAP Apple Pie 3.5%
    LA Butter Rum 2.5%
    FW Butterscotch 3%
    FA Custard (Crema Pasticcera) 2%
    FA Fuji Apple 3%
    TPA Vanilla Custard II 3%
    FW Sweetener (Sucralose) 1.5%

Suggested steep time: 7 days

:)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @Zazie, permalink for recipe had a broken screenshot.

Candy/Dessert/Bakery

Bantha Milk (adapted from recipe by Highwind on ELR)
    #blueberry #cream #Mowgli

FW Blueberry 6%
    TPA Blueberry Extra 0.5%
    FA Cream Fesh 2%
    FA Meringue 0.25%
    CAP Sweet Cream 1%
    CAP Super Sweet 0.5%

@Mowgli, if you altered this recipe please post any changes you may have made. Your original post here has a broken screenshot. Also, don't know if you know, but the links in Zazie's blog were broken. Those are being fixed. Thank you!!!

:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have a CT scan of my lungs today to try to explain the poor results of the breathing tests - a prior one after "dying" in 2017 showed some scarring of the lungs and they're afraid more has formed. We will see. It's 111 outside right now!
    Best wishes for you. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread