Random DIY mixing and More

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Evening everyone. @hittman, I am vaping on the LMN# recipe you like. It's pretty good, but I am getting an off-note with the INW Lemon Cake. There is something about that flavor that tastes just a bit weird to me. But this is a good recipe still. I'm going to let the rest steep for another week or two before trying again.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Nah. At this moment I’m not real happy with them.

Why? Once they ship something, it’s out of their control. I had the Boxx on one order and five boxes of nautilus coils on another order. Both shipped at the same time and the coils haven’t left St. Louis in five days.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Evening everyone. @hittman, I am vaping on the LMN# recipe you like. It's pretty good, but I am getting an off-note with the INW Lemon Cake. There is something about that flavor that tastes just a bit weird to me. But this is a good recipe still. I'm going to let the rest steep for another week or two before trying again.

What’s the off note? I’ve used it so long that I probably wouldn’t notice it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Why? Once they ship something, it’s out of their control. I had the Boxx on one order and five boxes of nautilus coils on another order. Both shipped at the same time and the coils haven’t left St. Louis in five days.
    Yeah, but I gotta think on it.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2020
    Missouri, USA
    What’s the off note? I’ve used it so long that I probably wouldn’t notice it.
    Every time I have used INW Lemon Cake, I get an odd aftertaste. I'm not sure I can describe it. Maybe waxy? In fairness, this LMN recipe does a pretty good job of covering it up, but it is still somewhat noticeable.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    The Vanilla Cookie coming from NonNomz
    Has anyone tried it alone for a taste ?
    I am hoping it's like a Vanilla Wafer.
    I loooooove Nilla Vanilla Wafers !!!
    Yup, I tested it alone. I haven't had a Nilla Vanilla Wafer cookie in a long time. From memory I would say it is similar. I liked it solo and have used it in several mixes so far. If you want to try it alone I would suggest starting between 1.5% - 2% and going from there. :)

Here are the notes from my SFT:

Testing FA's new Vanilla Cookie (1%) today. I am very impressed. It's a rich, buttery, plain vanilla cookie. It is nothing like CAP Sugar Cookie v1 (very sweet). The vanilla and butter notes are tucked in nicely behind the cookie. There are no off notes.

There is a mid level sweetness. I do like FA Vanilla Cookie as is, it's not too sweet for me. A little SSA Shortbread Cookie (0.25%-0.5%) would work well to further reduce sweetness, if desired.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I'm vaping my raspberry wedding cake. It's really good! It's a modification of the Loudonville wedding cake recipe. I made some substitutions and omissions and added two raspberries. You can omit the raspberry for plain wedding cake. @Zazie please add to the blog.

Raspberry wedding cake
    30ml bottle

INW lemon cake 2 drops
    JF yellow cake 6 drops
    FA cookie 2 drops
    INW yes, we Cheesecake 2 drops
    FA graham crust 2 drops
    FA marzipan 4 drops
    CAP vanilla Custard v2 2 drops
    FA Custard 2 drops
    CAP Greek yogurt 2 drops
    TFA sweet cream 2 drops
    FA fresh cream 4 drops
    FA Lemon Sicily 2 drops
    TFA lemon 2 drops
    INW raspberry wg 2 drops
    INW raspberry jam 2 drops

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    I'll have to get one of those.
    I've got one but in a slightly different style....form factors the same but I found it a pia on my 120/100 ml bottles where the drip plug went into the bottle internally....hardly better than my fingernails....it kept slipping off so I went back to the old small pliers method. It also cut through a couple of my drip nozzles too.... YMMV :)

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    I have the two pineapples but not at all sure I'd like a mix with just pineapple as the fruit. There's always the sweetness to consider. Possibly pineapple and acai. It's on the back burner for now.
    I'm just not interested in a pineapple vape but if there are wow reports I may consider it. Probably might work well in a punch style recipe but really not sure.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Dvarws have arrived. I built the mtl, too tight. DL with the 2.5 insert is ok, maybe a tad loose. So far, I’m not blown away. It’s good, but not WOW. Inserts are still hanging out in China, as they were oos when I ordered the tanks.
    What coils are you using?

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    I should have waited. Both the tanks with inserts, and the asst inserts weren’t in stock when I ordered. I stuffed some trimmed wick in the DL’s af slot for the moment. I’m kind of bummed. It’s not so fabulous that I feel like overlooking the bottom fill. Maybe I was expecting too much after all the gushing over the flavor
    I use a 0.5 ish ohm coil and run at 16-20 watts. Depending on which cotton you use there maybe a break in time. I'm really surprised that the flavours not there for you....there one of the most flavourful RTA's I've ever tried....stopped me using my RDA's much :)

Users who are viewing this thread