Random DIY mixing and More

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I buy my PG (USP ;)) and VG (USP Kosher) from Bulk Apothecary. Their current prices are inline with other places. BA is one of the nation's largest suppliers of VG.

Propylene Glycol

Glycerin

If you are serious about stocking up they do have an option for a 45000 lb tanker truck for each. :D
Is 8 lb a gallon?

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hi Fran. :) A couple off the top of the noggin'. Mango/pineapple yogurt. Grapefruit/mango/passionfruit cake with a touch of mascarpone.
    That Mango Pineapple looks good. I have to do something with pineapple.

Have you used the Molinberry big watermelon? I want to do something with watermelon and it's the only one I have.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just decided 55 degrees with all the windows wide open is a bit chilly. <wimp> :lol: Especially when my body has been used to warmer weather. Lowered them to a crack. :D It was ok when I was up-and-about doing things earlier.
    Weather guru here says we have humid coming back for a couple days and then gone again. On computer now but in my room I have one window open and the fan going in the other. Feels comfy to me. 74 ATM.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Passionfruit, VT Dark Chocolate and ice cream base. Dark chocolates go with passionfruit nicely.

Papaya, cashew and either FA Cookie or INW Biscuit. Or combine FA Cookie 1% + INW Biscuit 0.5% for the cookie base.

Mango, papaya yogurt.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Passionfruit, VT Dark Chocolate and ice cream base. Dark chocolates go with passionfruit nicely.

Papaya, cashew and either FA Cookie or INW Biscuit. Or combine FA Cookie 1% + INW Biscuit 0.5% for the cookie base.

Mango, papaya yogurt.
    It's funny but I don't care for real dark chocolate in rl or in a vape.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I just decided 55 degrees with all the windows wide open is a bit chilly. <wimp> :lol: Especially when my body has been used to warmer weather. Lowered them to a crack. :D It was ok when I was up-and-about doing things earlier.

Chilly? We are having a cold streak here too. Yesterday and today the high is 81. Then we are back up into the 90s.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Mango, papaya yogurt.
    Making notes. The biscuit is a good idea.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    That Mango Pineapple looks good. I have to do something with pineapple.

Have you used the Molinberry big watermelon? I want to do something with watermelon and it's the only one I have.
    I haven't used MB Big watermelon yet. In my notes I wrote down "try watermelon, pomegranate and ice cream base". When I make that I'll add 0.25% SC Lemon for a little zest. The touch of lemon will help brighten up the watermelon and pom. Used that low you won't taste the lemon.

Watermelon and pom plus a touch of lemon would work in a yogurt mix too.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I haven't used MB Big watermelon yet. In my notes I wrote down "try watermelon, pomegranate and ice cream base". When I make that I'll add 0.25% SC Lemon for a little zest. The touch of lemon will help brighten up the watermelon and pom. Used that low you won't taste the lemon.

Watermelon and pom plus a touch of lemon would work in a yogurt mix too.
    Idea on percentages?

thanswr1

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2017
    Another good recipe to try. It reminds me very much of juice that was one of the most popular back in the day. If you make this recipe, and you used to use that juice, let me know if it reminds you of that juice too. :)

Fair Warning: I like juices with a lot of flavor. You can adjust yours to taste using a vape liquid calculator.

One thing I wanted to add. Normally, a juice with a cream and a custard is best when steeped 10-14 days. I made this juice on 9/19. I couldn't wait anymore. So I tried it after 3 days. Perfection.

upload_2021-9-22_12-40-0.png

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Chilly? We are having a cold streak here too. Yesterday and today the high is 81. Then we are back up into the 90s.
    Right now I'll take my 50's and 60's over your 80's and 90's. It just takes me a few days to adjust to cooler weather after summer temps.

Another few months and we'll be in the 20's with snow on the ground. Then the bottom falls out for a bit, teens and lower. :D

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Right now I'll take my 50's and 60's over your 80's and 90's. It just takes me a few days to adjust to cooler weather after summer temps.

Another few months and we'll be in the 20's with snow on the ground. Then the bottom falls out for a bit, teens and lower. :D
    I'm not looking forward to winter at all.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Idea on percentages?
    Some folks say MB watermelon is a weaker concentrate. With that in mind I'm thinking of starting with this for the ice cream.

Watermelon/Pom/IC
    MB watermelon 3%
    FA Pomegranate 0.5% (FA pom is strong. It's the only pom I have.)
    SC Lemon 0.25%

I don't want the pom to overpower the watermelon. Mostly I want the pom to be a supporting flavor. I figure start lower and adjust as desired.

I would start with those percentages in a yogurt mix too.

Users who are viewing this thread