Random DIY mixing and More

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Good morning. I've been feeling a little off since I got my flu shot Saturday. It didn't help that the barometric pressure took a nose dive and my sinuses have been bothering me. I took some Nyquil last night before bed to help me sleep. I'm in a bit of zombie mode today. I feel like I could take a nap.

I've been trying the razzleberry that Fran mentioned. I mixed it with some pudding base and as time goes on it seems like it's blending pretty good but if I was using it in a recipe then I'd probably add a little extra raspberry to boost the flavor.
Morning Hitt. I feel your pain in regards to the sinuses. Mine were kicking my ... yesterday. It generally happens when the weather starts changing. The saline mist from Arm and Hammer really seems to help me.

And Razzleberry, is that the FW flavor?

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Morning Hitt. I feel your pain in regards to the sinuses. Mine were kicking my ... yesterday. It generally happens when the weather starts changing. The saline mist from Arm and Hammer really seems to help me.

And Razzleberry, is that the FW flavor?

It's really funny you mention the Arm and Hammer. I just bought a bottle Saturday and it does help.

Yes, the razzleberry is FW.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Now what do I need to start mixing?

For the moment I'm happy with my pre-mixed commercial vape juice and probably have enough for at least a couple of years - But since the commercial vape industry is under attack and I may still be around a few years down the road I bought some nic concentrate and a few bottles of premixed nic/pg/vg and of course some flavors.

To make mixing as simple and pain free as possible - What's a good mixing kit and where do I buy it ?
    Will it come with a guide with formulas to get the right mixture ratios for various amounts ?

- Thanks
    IMO mixing by weight is the easiest. You will need a scale such as this. https://smile.amazon.com/SF-400D-0-...33439833&sprefix=SF-400d+scale,aps,186&sr=8-5

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I was thinking of one of those mixing kits sold by either the flavor or nic sellers - I think they're about 20 bucks. I thought someone might recmmend one of them.? I have some plastic bottles, could always get more.
    Save the empty bottles from your vendor juice.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @ShowMeTwice The braided rods in my brunhilde just fall to the bottle of the tank. There is no way to make them stick up. Thinking about this a bit more……IF you have the rods sticking up then you will not be able to wick to the bottom of the tank. They’re made to reach the bottom of the tank so you can wick to the bottom.
    Yes. It was shiny thread Daniel's recommendation. Don't think they need to be raised. I've tried it both ways and juice is transported to the wick just fine.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes. It was shiny thread Daniel's recommendation. Don't think they need to be raised. I've tried it both ways and juice is transported to the wick just fine.
    Well, upon second thought I wouldn't want to raise the rods anyway. if I had of wished to do so it would have been impossible because the rods just fell threw the holes. No way to make them stick up.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    I'm glad it's working for you. I found out about it a few months ago and really like it.
    So yeah, I just have to put this here...

When I've had sinus issues I have almost resorted to arm & hammer, but I was always too afraid they would get stuck...

:bday::rickroll:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Right now I am vaping a month old mix based on a suggestion from @YoursTruli (I'm pretty sure) - I gave it a silly name. The original mix used CAP LMP and I subbed 1% less VTA LMT.
    -Truli Better Than Mother's Milk-
    2% Cake Batter CAP
    4% Lemon Meringue Tart VTA
    5% Sweet Strawberry CAP

I have never had a "Mother's Milk" flavor really, not sure what it is/was. This mix makes an interesting blend, the Strawberry is strong but kinda blends into the other ones. The Cake Batter has an odd note inherent to it that I don't love, similar taste to fresh mixed TFA vanilla Custard but stronger.
    This stuff has a really thick rich mouthfeel, the vape is really satisfying. Maybe it's the Cake batter but it's like a heavy custard mouthfeel and exhale. Pretty smooth.
    I do love a thick rich vape.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all.

Rain is said to be coming back later today, this evening.

More debris gathering, likely torch the pile later this week. Burn bans have been lifted, and it's nice and soggy :)

I was thinking of one of those mixing kits sold by either the flavor or nic sellers - I think they're about 20 bucks. I thought someone might recmmend one of them.? I have some plastic bottles, could always get more.

Like others, I'd not recommend a kit. You already have some nic, just get some more of that and some PG and VG. As mentioned, one-shots can be a nice and easy start. Kits, as far as I've seen, tend to be all one flavor profile, e.g. all fruits, or all tobacco. Probably better to get an assortment of profiles than all just one, and maybe find you don't like those.

When I've had sinus issues I have almost resorted to arm & hammer, but I was always too afraid they would get stuck...

"My mommy said not to put beans in my ears..." ;)

upload_2021-10-5_7-22-11.png

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Good morning!!! :)

Enjoying croissant with chocolate mousse atm. After the leaf blower battery gets done charging I need to blow the leaves out to the curb. City takes it from there.

Took another big load of yarn to the Old Folks place yesterday. Also found an old Innokin AeroTank 18.5mm glassomizer in the wife's craft closet. No heads, just the tank. Put it in the boneyard box that has all the other old vape stuff I'll never use. I don't recall for certain but think the AeroTank was the first tank with an adjustable airflow ring.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning!!! :)

Enjoying croissant with chocolate mousse atm. After the leaf blower battery gets done charging I need to blow the leaves out to the curb. City takes it from there.

Took another big load of yarn to the Old Folks place yesterday. Also found an old Innokin AeroTank 18.5mm glassomizer in the wife's craft closet. No heads, just the tank. Put it in the boneyard box that has all the other old vape stuff I'll never use. I don't recall for certain but think the AeroTank was the first tank with an adjustable airflow ring.
    You've been busy.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    You've been busy.
    Yes. At the Old Folks place a couple of the lady residents insisted on helping me carry in bags of yarn. Then invited me in for a cup of coffee in their dining area. Was there for a couple hours listening to all their stories. I enjoyed that a lot. Everyone was masked and distanced. They invited me to come back. I will. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes. At the Old Folks place a couple of the lady residents insisted on helping me carry in bags of yarn. Then invited me in for a cup of coffee in their dining area. Was there for a couple hours listening to all their stories. I enjoyed that a lot. Everyone was masked and distanced. They invited me to come back. I will. :)
    Very very nice :wub:

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    How is it?
    I like it. I'm just curious if anyone else would.
    The 2.5% Mangosteen is the main flavor, the chocolate is a back note, and the others make it nice and round.
    I could see a person with normal tastes ( I really like the Mangosteen flavor and push it a bit) using more like 1.5% for this mix.
    Or 1% and it would allow the chocolate to stand up a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread