Random DIY mixing and More

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Need to pick brains on stuff .
First thing is , what would you mix with a croissant base?

I'm thinking about doing an almond croissant, making an almond/cream filling. Following SMT's practice, I searched for some recipes online - one suggested adding rum for a little extra zip. I like that idea.

I like custard/apricot, which I know isn't your cup of tea. Croissants can be filled with everything. Rhubarb jam? cranberry?
bilberry?

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I like the Boozy suggestion. I’m slacking on Boozy mixes.
What about bourbon/chocolate/nut
Or bourbon/ either pineapple or pear, if you’re feeling daring and haven’t totally given up on those two. IRL, either of those pair well with bourbon.

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I need help from the ladies, maybe the guys? I’ve decided on a gift basket for my oldest Dd. I have a nice cloth basket to use BUT what do you get the woman that has everything?
A woman can never have enough facial creams etc....maybe some Clarins stuff??

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Morning mixologist's

Absolutely beautiful day today. Wall to wall blue. Temps are dropping though 20°C today and gradually getting a bit cooler than that in the next few weeks. Not much rain anytime soon although November is generally our rainy month... we'll see.

Have a good day :wub:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning mixers. I’ll have to make the dog go out this morning since she’ll be home alone all day. Not a big deal since sometimes she doesn’t go out all day when we’re home.

I had to rewick the new Blotto last night. Evidently I over stuffed the cotton the first time and was getting slightly dry hits. Much better now.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm thinking about doing an almond croissant, making an almond/cream filling. Following SMT's practice, I searched for some recipes online - one suggested adding rum for a little extra zip. I like that idea.

I like custard/apricot, which I know isn't your cup of tea. Croissants can be filled with everything. Rhubarb jam? cranberry?
    bilberry?
    Actually, the Raspberry Jam is good used sparingly. Making a cream and nut or fruit filling is something I didn't think of . Noting more ideas. Thanks :wub:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    What about bourbon/chocolate/nut
    Or bourbon/ either pineapple or pear, if you’re feeling daring and haven’t totally given up on those two. IRL, either of those pair well with bourbon.
    Thanks :wub: The pear is going by by but still have the pineapple to mess with.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Morning mixologist's

Absolutely beautiful day today. Wall to wall blue. Temps are dropping though 20°C today and gradually getting a bit cooler than that in the next few weeks. Not much rain anytime soon although November is generally our rainy month... we'll see.

Have a good day :wub:
    You have a good rest of your day too, Charlie :wub:

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Good morning random folks :) Have you any plans today?

Just my usual. Coffee, vape, and working on my diamond painting. I'm 3/4 done with it now and got to finish it soon as the Thanksgiving picnic auction is coming up in a few weeks.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Good morning folks
    I have been to a chiropractor, and 30 minutes on the spinning bike. Feels good afterwards, especially when you have a little frayed nerves, it is good to feel that the body can do something physical.

It may happen that I buy one or two blocks of wood during the day, my mod projects at least are not made easy, will be from Thailand or Ukraine, we'll see.

IMO deer are beautiful creatures.
    We are not hard hunters, it will probably happen that everything will be perfect and one deer will be sacrificed, but that is not a priority for us.
    I myself have not carried a weapon to the forest since 2014.
    Once, in 2004, I traveled to Sweden on a hunt with one of my Swedish dachshunds, to the breeder and his childhood friends, 16 hours driving one way, I did not bring a weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread