Random DIY mixing and More

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Ty. Do you have any idea the % on FW White Chocolate? I'll do an sft on that one.
Most of the reviews I have seen are at 5% or less. My thought is 3% as that is what seems to work for most chocolate. reviews says pairs well with Bav cream at 2% and under.

:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Anyone who has mixed with INW yes, we cheesecake.... I’m reading mixed reviews about if it’s a filled out flavor or a cheesecake enhancer. Does it need added crust? Also, steeps were anywhere from overnight to a month (most seemed to settle for two weeks).

To get the full flavor of a cheesecake I mixed the INW YWCC as part of the holy trinity of cheesecakes as seen on ATF & Reddit:

INW YWC 3%
CAP NY Cheesecake 2%
TFA Graham Crust

And INW YWCC only needs 1 maybe 2 weeks to steep according to everything I’ve read.

It’s incredible imo!

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Most of the reviews I have seen are at 5% or less. My thought is 3% as that is what seems to work for most chocolate. Reviews says pairs well with Bav cream at 2% and under.

:)
    Ty. Glad to have you back BTW:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I don't know if I mentioned it here but I really liked the SFT for the Super Concentrated Cranberry. It steeped while I was away for Thanksgiving and turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I haven't written up notes on it yet, but I will do that soon.

Based on the sft, I mixed a test batch of my favorite Cranberry Apple using the SC Cranberry instead of TFA. I used 3% since it is super concentrated. LOL This flavor does need a steep so I will give it a try in a week or 10 days. I do have high hopes for this flavor.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Sorry,I'm slacking. Want to mix an sft on that. Any idea on %?
    ConcreteRiver has a detailed write-up, for TFA Ruby Chocolate, on reddit. In the review; he suggests 6-8% if it is to be the star. And, 2%(ish) when used for supporting rolls.

ATF doesn't show SFT recommendations; but most recipes seem to use between 1-3% (1.67% avg. based on 12 recipes).

ELR shows 5% for single flavor (based only on 1 recommendation). And, 3% (median avg.) used in recipes.
    Ty. Do you have any idea the % on FW White Chocolate? I'll do an sft on that one.
    Reddit review by Crisdvr1, mixed SFT at 5%. No other percentages mentioned or recommended.

ATF, again has no single flavor recommendation, but shows most recipes using between 2-5% (2.59% avg. based on 398 recipes).

ELR shows 7.8% avg. for single flavor (based on 17 recommendations). And, 3% avg. used in recipes.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't know if I mentioned it here but I really liked the SFT for the Super Concentrated Cranberry. It steeped while I was away for Thanksgiving and turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I haven't written up notes on it yet, but I will do that soon.

Based on the sft, I mixed a test batch of my favorite Cranberry Apple using the SC Cranberry instead of TFA. I used 3% since it is super concentrated. LOL This flavor does need a steep so I will give it a try in a week or 10 days. I do have high hopes for this flavor.
    Tart?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    ConcreteRiver has a detailed write-up, for TFA Ruby Chocolate, on reddit. In the review; he suggests 6-8% if it is to be the star. And, 2%(ish) when used for supporting rolls.

ATF doesn't show SFT recommendations; but most recipes seem to use between 1-3% (1.67% avg. based on 12 recipes).

ELR shows 5% for single flavor (based only on 1 recommendation). And, 3% (median avg.) used in recipes.

Reddit review by Crisdvr1, mixed SFT at 5%. No other percentages mentioned or recommended.

ATF, again has no single flavor recommendation, but shows most recipes using between 2-5% (2.59% avg. based on 398 recipes).

ELR shows 7.8% avg. for single flavor (based on 17 recommendations). And, 3% avg. used in recipes.
    That's pretty confusing. Looks like maybe 4% would be a happy medium.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Man another crazed day. Everyone seems to love me a great deal all the docs are telling their bosses I get chained to my workstation I suppose that's good. I got a "thanks for all your help today" from a medical assistant, though and THEY are the ones that really got your back.

I got to voice my displeasure to HR and their ineptness to someone smart, by pointing out *I* had succeeded DESPITE HR trying to foil me at every turn and that most of what I was told was untrue and they were all, "Empathy blah blah." I was like, "Don't empathize, how about problem solving for the potential 18 other period who aren't paranoid enough about healthcare etc. if they paid attention to the mass mailers about open enrollment and ignoring them because, like, NO ONE said, "Open enrollment makes you special." We were told to NOT worry about our benefits until our benefits seminar which occurs 2 days before our 60 days of employment. I don't care about HR lady's rudeness and dismissal. I am resourceful I got it accomplished. But I can pretty much guarantee SOMEONE hasn't." Then they explained my benefits and I was like dude, I KNOW my benefits, I knew them on my interview date, I consider them the OTHER HALF OF my PAYCHECK."

Then they were all like, "Yeah, losing out on your benefits would suck." And I was like, "Well, it would suck, for YOU because I would consider that lawsuit worthy frankly. I don't care for ME. Go forth and do your JOBS man."

So today I got an email that I had 10 more days to do my benefits which are done. It does allow me to put of the math calculation of how much I'd like to bet on the husband's death this year per pay period deduction and how much. LOL.

So, I love being right so there' s that. I hate incompetence so there's THAT.

I might go to the seminar just so I can get some hidden note writing in without interruptions. All I needed to know was how to figure out the software, and frankly, that's all I need.

I better eat soon. Heh.

Anna

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

The sft was sweet/tart to me. I get sweet first, then tart. You would probably taste sweet. ;) It is more realistic than TFA and doesn't have the earthy flavor of FLV's but it might be a little too sweet for you. If you think TFA is too sweet, you would probably think this is too sweet as well.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The sft was sweet/tart to me. I get sweet first, then tart. You would probably taste sweet. ;) It is more realistic than TFA and doesn't have the earthy flavor of FLV's but it might be a little too sweet for you. If you think TFA is too sweet, you would probably think this is too sweet as well.
    The TFA has a window of tart. I need to do another sft to see when that is........unless you know?

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    The TFA has a window of tart. I need to do another sft to see when that is........unless you know?

For me, the TFA is also sweet/tart. In my notes, I have this -
    It has a moderately dense mouthfeel. It is bitter and tart with light sweetness. Rather thin and reminiscent of unsweetened cranberry juice. It isn’t juicy so will need some help from a juicier fruit in a mix. It does get sweeter with a steep.

I haven't written notes on the Cranberry (SC) yet but found it denser and more realistic than TFA. It is a bit more tart to my taste and lacks the bitterness of TFA (which does steep out.) I have to use a high percentage of TFA to taste it in my Cran-Apple. I am hoping this will do the trick at 3%.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    For me, the TFA is also sweet/tart. In my notes, I have this -
    It has a moderately dense mouthfeel. It is bitter and tart with light sweetness. Rather thin and reminiscent of unsweetened cranberry juice. It isn’t juicy so will need some help from a juicier fruit in a mix. It does get sweeter with a steep.

I haven't written notes on the Cranberry (SC) yet but found it denser and more realistic than TFA. It is a bit more tart to my taste and lacks the bitterness of TFA (which does steep out.) I have to use a high percentage of TFA to taste it in my Cran-Apple. I am hoping this will do the trick at 3%.
    Thanks. I will have to do another sft of the TFA so I can get a handle on the window of tartness.

Users who are viewing this thread