Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Simple Chocolate Cake v1.2

VTA Chocolate Custard 3%
VTA Chocolate Mousse 2%
WF Fluffy White Cake 2%
CAP Cake Batter 0.5%
FA Cookie 0.5%

The original intent with this mix was to test VTA Chocolate Custard as the only chocolate. I tested it that way and I do like the chocolate custard. It was good but I felt this cake mix would be better served with the addition of another chocolate.

What to add? Chocolate Mousse. That gave the cake mix more of the chocolate profile I was after.

WF Fluffy White Cake is another good cake flavor. CAP Cake Batter is here to add moistness to what otherwise could have been a dryer mix. Note: Any cake flavor at 2% could be subbed.

Cake batter, either CAP or FW (0.5% - 0.8%), will add moistness and mouthfeel to any bakery mix. That's the sole purpose of CAP Cake Batter in this mix.

FA Cookie is being used to add a light crust note to the cake.

It's a nice light chocolate cake. Vapes smooth and it's moist.

Next I will add a nut for some additional texture and complexity. And likely a touch of caramel ( ;) ).

Any one of these fruits will work with a chocolate cake: apricot, banana, cherry, coconut, orange, passion fruit, pear, raspberry or strawberry.

One of the following nuts will work: cashew, hazelnut, macadamia, peanuts, peanut butter, pecans or walnut.

A light touch of mascarpone and/or a custard would add complexity.

@Zazie, please and thanks!

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
\

Good day everyone. We are supposed to get up to 70 degrees today.

I cleaned up my truck yesterday. It still had salt all over it from the trip to Denver, and my 14 year old made the whole backseat area a disaster zone during the trip. I can't wait till she gets her own vehicle. When she does I am going to buy a 6 pk of Mountain Dew and 4 bags of Lay's potato chips and just pour it all over her interior.

• Winner
Reactions: Uncle

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Not as bad as my wife peeling the gold paint off her nails and flicking them all over the seat and floor board last weekend. If I don’t get it all cleaned up before it turns 80 tomorrow, it’ll all turn to goo.
    What a mess that would be.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Not as bad as my wife peeling the gold paint off her nails and flicking them all over the seat and floor board last weekend. If I don’t get it all cleaned up before it turns 80 tomorrow, it’ll all turn to goo.

My wife does the same man. Her vehicle scares me.. I do my best to stay out of it, using her following cars too closely as an excuse. I changed her brake and rotors last week and driving it around was pure sensory overload. You'd think the car visited New Orleans during Mardi Gras. There were at least 8 multicolored beaded necklaces hanging from the rear view mirror. She has back-up cameras and the necklaces cover the screen.

If I stay out of her car we hardly ever argue.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

VTA Chocolate Custard 3%
    VTA Chocolate Mousse 2%
    WF Fluffy White Cake 2%
    CAP Cake Batter 0.5%
    FA Cookie 0.5%

The original intent with this mix was to test VTA Chocolate Custard as the only chocolate. I tested it that way and I do like the chocolate custard. It was good but I felt this cake mix would be better served with the addition of another chocolate.

What to add? Chocolate Mousse. That gave the cake mix more of the chocolate profile I was after.

WF Fluffy White Cake is another good cake flavor. CAP Cake Batter is here to add moistness to what otherwise could have been a dryer mix. Note: Any cake flavor at 2% could be subbed.

Cake batter, either CAP or FW (0.5% - 0.8%), will add moistness and mouthfeel to any bakery mix. That's the sole purpose of CAP Cake Batter in this mix.

Next I will add a nut for some additional texture and complexity. And likely a touch of caramel ( ;) ).

Any one of these fruits will work with a chocolate cake: apricot, banana, cherry, coconut, orange, passion fruit, pear, raspberry or strawberry.

One of the following nuts will work: cashew, hazelnut, macadamia, peanuts, peanut butter, pecans or walnut.

Nice to see ya doing things again.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I think @hittman found some work to keep him busy. At least I really hope so.

You are correct. So far I got six in for repair today. I was so excited that I went ahead and got two finished already. Just finished lunch and about ready to go back after it again. Hopefully they keep rolling in.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Ha! They left the kitchen unguarded. :evil: Yours truly conducted a very stealth mission to snag another cup of coffee. They try to keep me at one or two cups per day, MAX. This 3rd cup is niiiiiiiice!!!

I will have to act like the additional caffeine has no effect on me in order to pull this off. :cool:

Hmmm, practicing calmness... :nun:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You are correct. So far I got six in for repair today. I was so excited that I went ahead and got two finished already. Just finished lunch and about ready to go back after it again. Hopefully they keep rolling in.
    Hoping so too:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ha! They left the kitchen unguarded. :evil: Yours truly conducted a very stealth mission to snag another cup of coffee. They try to keep me at one or two cups per day, MAX. This 3rd cup is niiiiiiiice!!!

I will have to act like the additional caffeine has no effect on me in order to pull this off. :cool:

Hmmm, practicing calmness... :nun:
    You can do it:lol:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Well, that didn't go as planned.
    looking-little-bit-anxious.jpg

Busted!!! As soon as they got back in the kitchen I hear "there's less coffee in the pot, wonder where it went".

They didn't buy my response, "how would I know, maybe it evaporated".

Reactions: FranC

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well, that didn't go as planned.
    View attachment 969723
    Busted!!! As soon as they got back in the kitchen I hear "there's less coffee in the pot, wonder where it went".

They didn't buy my response, "how would I know, maybe it evaporated".
    Geeezz, do they measure it?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    There’s less than 2ml in my Dvarw that’s getting too much clogged up. I really don’t want to put a fresh coiled and wicked base on it to vape that little bit. It’s the last of a mix and I think I’ll just dump it.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland

VTA Chocolate Custard 3%
    VTA Chocolate Mousse 2%
    WF Fluffy White Cake 2%
    CAP Cake Batter 0.5%
    FA Cookie 0.5%

This looks good, I don't have the cake batter but it's now on my buy list.

Users who are viewing this thread