The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    It is a good product, just isn't suited for the way I was wanting to use it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't know much about it.I can vape PG fine.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I do okay with it at low percentage. My skin started clearing up as soon as I started with the vg/dw base. The little bit in flavors don't seem to be an issue.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I don't know what percentages the PG liquid I bought was but it was quickly bad.
    My watermelon was 11% until I added cucumber and as long as I didn't vape a ton of it I was OK.

What's odd is increasing my mls of liquid doesn't seem to matter as long as the percentage of PG flavors are under 10%.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    While I was weaning off commercial 70/30 juices my flavor percentages were usually 20-25%. Now they are 6-15% and still dropping. I use max vg/dw 6% base but my salts are pg base too (8mg). Think switching to vg base and raising dw to 7-7.5% will work and not crackle. Higher dw works fine but the noise is an unwanted irritant.

• Like Like x 6
  6. dc99

dc99 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    I have no issues with PEG400 but I mix at 70/30 mostly.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Some of mine are noisy at 10% dw. My new mesh tank isn't which amazes me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    It isn't the PEG itself it's that I would have to change wicks if switching from a max vg mix to a 80/20 PEG mix. Not having to change wicks so often is what finally got me into diy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I only have a few PEG mixes, I'll save those for the Falcon.

• Like Like x 3
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Vaping my Fizzy Gin Breeze. Not much pine tree in it. Used 3 drops of WS-23 in 30ml. May add a couple more just to see if I like it better. It's a nice refreshing vape:)

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. IDJoel

IDJoel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Looks like a good riff of the original, @NatashaTMT. The only thing I would be inclined to change, is the 7% ratio of TFA-Pistachio; that seems pretty high to me. Your recipe flavor profile reminds me of @tc1's Scutch recipe (one of the first DIY recipes I ever mixed). Scutch uses TFA-Pistachio at 3%; and I have found that (or even less), to be plenty in any recipes I have used it in. Actually 3% tends to be my starting point for most of TFA's nut concentrates (Pistachio, Toasted Almond, Hazelnut, and Pecan). :)

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    eliquid...com only has Ry1 and Ry4. I might have to wait to get an order up to order it from another vender to get free s&h. I know there’s a difference in the 3 but are the differences huge?

• Like Like x 2
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes,to me they are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks for sharing! If possible, where can we get them now?

• Like Like x 4
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did get my 2 recipes finished today when I got my order. My steeping drawer is rather full but I have a few more mixes I want to get done.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  16. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

Caramelized Sugar from Alice in Vapeland is good to Brulee your creamy/custardy deserts :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I forgot they had other stuff besides tanklets.:lol:

• Like Like x 4
  18. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I’ll definitely check out tc1’s Scutch Recipe. Pistachio in this recipe actually has a few roles. Thus the reason for being so high. I wanted “in your face” pistachio which is really easy for me to do with FA's at lower percentages but once you begin adding too many other flavors to FA, it starts to wash out a bit and lose those sharp notes I quite like. 1.5%, 2% max is about where I like FA or it starts getting bitter quickly. A bit of bitter is okay as I'd compare it to pistachio “skin” or peel but I don’t feel it has a place in this recipe. I don’t have much experience mixing with TFA pistachio. When I was doing TFA's single flavor test, I found 8% to be comparable to FA’s 2% without any bitterness. This being said, I do still have a bit of olfactory issues here and there. So it may very well be that 3% would be plenty for many. Other than wanting “in your face pistachio”, I also wanted to add more of it’s certain texture which I only found present around 6%. There’s no “crust” in this recipe and though the AP boost the pistachio, they also assist one another here in filling that void. They aren’t meant to taste like a crust but simply fill that void. So for me personally, I believe it’s where it needs to be for me. Though it does sound like for you and probably others, it could be lowered and maybe even cut by 50%. I really appreciate your feedback as I value your opinion!:)

• Like Like x 5
  19. JoeyC

JoeyC Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2014
    Peanut Gallery
    Pm me

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  20. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN