Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Mornin . . .

AxJfYvM.png

Alas no plans came to fruition yesterday . . . :( So today- not making any new plans, just gonna see what happens as I normally would do. . . :closedeyes:

Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Morning, mixers, and a soggy one it is. Still. My rain gauge has been getting a workout, hope I don't have to pay it overtime!! 4.17" in the last 24 hours. And too warm, near 50, although that will also be the high. The guess is the rain will start to taper off later today...

Big plan is to head for the tire shop for new shoes. AZ trip in a couple weeks (Dad will mark 100 years! Not going to miss that!!) and the old shoes are getting a bit thin, and mid-March going down over the Siskiyou range is sometimes dicey, usually either rain or snow. Yeah, traction (in this case!) is good :)

0e576d80761f013a99d0005056a9545d
    Good for your Dad :thumbs:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Strawberry Mango Pastry

FA Strawberry (Red Touch) 3%
    FA Raspberry (Berryl) 0.3%
    WF Island Mango 1%
    OOO Pie Crust 2.5%
    INW Biscuit 0.8%
    WF Vanilla Cream Extra 1.2%

The mango and strawberry are nicely balanced in the mix. Both are experienced and distinguishable. Neither takes center stage which is what I wanted. They compliment each other well.

FA Strawberry needed to be a higher percent so it wouldn't get drowned out by Island Mango. FA Raspberry is here only to boost the overall strawberry profile and to add a wee bit of tartness. Island Mango just Rocks (it's my favorite mango).

OOO Pie Crust is so much more than a simple pie crust. On it's own in a pie mix it is a neutral pie crust flavor. As in a soft flaky pie crust. OOO Pie Crust has uses that go beyond a pie crust. It will enhance any cake, cookie or croissant profiles for example.

INW Biscuit adds texture to the overall pastry profile I was after.

WF Vanilla Cream Extra adds creaminess, a light vanilla note and a very pleasing mouthfeel to the mix. IMO it is one of the better creams around.

I will be mixing a larger batch of this. It's goooood!

Overall sweetness is about 5-6 (1 being near zero sweetness and 10 being sickly sweet).

@Zazie can you please add this to your Blog? Ty :)

Last edited:

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Couldn't wait any longer to vape this!

Strawberry Mango Pastry

WF Island Mango 1%
    OOO Pie Crust 2.5%
    INW Biscuit 0.8%

The mango and strawberry are nicely balanced in the mix. Both are experienced and distinguishable. Neither takes center stage which is what I wanted. They compliment each other well.

FA Strawberry needed to be a higher percent so it wouldn't get drowned out by Island Mango. FA Raspberry is here only to boost the overall strawberry profile and to add a wee bit of tartness. Island Mango just Rocks (it's my favorite mango).

OOO Pie Crust is so much more than a simple pie crust. On it's own in a pie mix it is a neutral pie crust flavor. As in a soft flaky pie crust. OOO Pie Crust has uses that go beyond a pie crust. It will enhance any cake, cookie or croissant profiles for example.

WF Vanilla Cream Extra adds creaminess, a light vanilla note and a very pleasing mouthfeel to the mix. IMO it is one of the better creams around.

Overall sweetness is about 5-6 (1 being near zero sweetness and 10 being sickly sweet).

I don't have the pie crust, would crispy wafer work?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Strawberry Mango Pastry

WF Island Mango 1%
    OOO Pie Crust 2.5%
    INW Biscuit 0.8%

Not sure I dare use 3% Red Touch,

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Strawberry Mango Pastry

WF Island Mango 1%
    OOO Pie Crust 2.5%
    INW Biscuit 0.8%

Going to mix this with a couple minor % changes. Leaving the Red Touch as is.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    My plans are to get gone today what I didn't get done yesterday. I took my car into Walmart for an oil change and was surprised when it rang up free. When I got back to my car and noticed that the oil change reminder sticker hadn't been changed, I looked at the receipt and saw why it was free. The mechanic, for some reason, declined to do my oil change. Probably because I have a chronic oil leak. Walmart is picky. So now I got to go back into town and get the change done, plus the state inspection, then got get my tags renewed. I could get the oil change done here, but it costs a lot more and I still need to get the tags renewed as they expired yesterday.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    My plans are to get gone today what I didn't get done yesterday. I took my car into Walmart for an oil change and was surprised when it rang up free. When I got back to my car and noticed that the oil change reminder sticker hadn't been changed, I looked at the receipt and saw why it was free. The mechanic, for some reason, declined to do my oil change. Probably because I have a chronic oil leak. Walmart is picky. So now I got to go back into town and get the change done, plus the state inspection, then got get my tags renewed. I could get the oil change done here, but it costs a lot more and I still need to get the tags renewed as they expired yesterday.
    Why don't you get the oil leak fixed?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

What's the grace period on getting the tags renewed?

Users who are viewing this thread