Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes, you have the "Right Stuff". ;) :D Cottonman Organic Upland Sliver is corded. It is organic but not USDA certified organic.

Organic Upland Sliver used to be Mavaton's Select. It's my preferred cotton.
    Just checking.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    There are a good number of countries who do not change their clocks and a good number who do. Infographic: Which Countries Change the Clock?

Here is a map showing which countries change their clocks.
    24473.jpg

I don't see any problem with the USA going to DST full time.

The USA has been down the path of adapting DST full time before.

Year-round daylight saving time was signed into law by President Richard Nixon in January 1974. In October 1975 Ford signed legislation reversing permanent daylight saving time.

The History of Daylight Saving Time | Smart News| Smithsonian Magazine

FWIW, Daylight saving time in the US started as an energy conservation trick during World War I and became a national standard in the 1960s.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Are you making spaced coils with your SS316L?

Your coils need to be spaced with TC. They cannot be contact coils.

Compressed coils (touching) don't work in TC mode. That will also give you fits with overheat and temp cutoff. The mod has to be able to read a spaced coil to control temperature.

ETA: Make sure your coil is at room temperature when you attach it to your mod so the resistance is read correctly. Also, I never lock resistance when running TC. Some mods require that. In my experience the Pico 75's do not. Same with DNA mods (in fact Evolv recommends against locking resistance).

OK. Yeah, I was using compressed coils. I always have so that's what I did with the SS.

And you mentioned in your earlier post not to have the wick too tight. I'm probably guilty of that one too. I use rayon so I'm used to cramming as much in as I can.

I tried TC a few years ago so I might have known this stuff at one time.

I copied this and your first post so I'll go back to work on it. I have a couple of tanks ready to rebuild, maybe I'll do them tonight.

Thanks for the help.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Thanks for the help.
    My pleasure. I hope you get it squared away.

And you mentioned in your earlier post not to have the wick too tight. I'm probably guilty of that one too. I use rayon so I'm used to cramming as much in as I can.
    I switch off between using cotton and rayon in all my RBA's. Half are wicked with cotton and the other half rayon. In a coil using rayon I use ~1/3 more density than I would with cotton.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I liked my Clotted Berry Cream and almost posted it but the taste changed. After a couple more hits I was thinking more likely my coil. I rewicked with cotton man cotton and it tastes even better than it did at first. A simple recipe to try the clotted cream but it’s tasty. @Zazie @NolaMel
    Clotted Berry Cream
    SSA Clotted Cream 1.5%
    FW White Cake 2%
    FW Huckleberry 2.5%

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I had a plan for mixing with CAP Wafer Crunch but now can't find the piece of paper. It'll turn up, eventually, of I will figure out something else for it.

Still need to mix CAP Shortbread. I'll do that as a single. It sure smells good.

Let me know what you come up with on the wafer crunch. I still haven’t tried it.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Yes, but they got it wrong for a number of reasons. Standard time is the actual time as it relates to the physical world. Going to an artificial construct causes quite a few problems. This should be interesting.
    What gets me is that they made the switch to year-round DST in 1974 and went back to the old way after, I think, a year. Russia had a similar experience. Given this history, why not give all-year standard a try this time around?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I liked my Clotted Berry Cream and almost posted it but the taste changed.
    I did a mix today with SSA Clotted Cream, CAP Custard Cake and the new SSA Peach. Figured that would be a nice easy mix to try out those three flavors.

I rewicked with cotton man cotton and it tastes even better than it did at first.

:banana: :thumbs: :banana: :thumbs: :banana:

Cottonman cotton makes everything taste better! ;)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did a mix today with SSA Clotted Cream, CAP Custard Cake and the new SSA Peach. Figured that would be a nice easy mix to try out those three flavors.

:banana: :thumbs: :banana: :thumbs: :banana:

Cottonman cotton makes everything taste better! ;)
    I have so much cotton I couldn’t bring myself to get a big pkg but I did get 4 of the $5 ones.

Users who are viewing this thread