Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    This round of vapes got off to a good start. The first was my Peanut Butter mix that I like, the 2nd isn’t mine but a mix of SMT’s that I like also. Now I’m waiting for the next empty tank which is a Dvarw that’s almost there.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thank you !

Playing with some Cup of Joe, Irish cream and Madagascar Vanilla

So far it seems like I need to up the Irish Cream a bit.
    Be sure to post that when you're done with it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thank you !

Playing with some Cup of Joe, Irish cream and Madagascar Vanilla

So far it seems like I need to up the Irish Cream a bit.

I really liked the cup of Joe when I experimented with it. I haven’t used it in a long time.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got the lawn mowed since we are supposed to get rain later. I needed to work on a review but did a fine job of procrastinating this morning. I did get five tanks cleaned out. I might build the rabbit to try a new mix. I’ve got a few that should be ready to try.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @Zazie with thanks @NolaMel

I'm really liking this mix. I had previously tried 2.5% of the Cap. shortbread in a couple mixes that really weren't anything special. I think using 3% made all the difference, plus I used enough fruit. In any case, I really like this one.

Raspberry Oats Shortbread
    SSA Cranberry Jam 1%
    SSA Natural Raspberry 1%
    SSA Classic Oat Flakes .75%
    Cap. Shortbread 3%
    SSA Raspberry Syrup 1%

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    @Zazie with thanks @NolaMel

I'm really liking this mix. I had previously tried 2.5% of the Cap. shortbread in a couple mixes that really weren't anything special. I think using 3% made all the difference, plus I used enough fruit. In any case, I really like this one.

Raspberry Oats Shortbread
    SSA Cranberry Jam 1%
    SSA Natural Raspberry 1%
    SSA Classic Oat Flakes .75%
    Cap. Shortbread 3%
    SSA Raspberry Syrup 1%

I’m definitely going to mix that one. Sounds good.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m definitely going to mix that one. Sounds good.
    I'm really liking it. I almost didn't pick it to vape next. Glad I did. IMO 3% brings out the goodness in the shortbread. 2.5% does not.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I was wondering and thinking about the flavor that got me off cigs. Fruit cereal and milk, birdbrains to be specific. I've pretty much nailed down the milky part, I use that in other recipes too. What I'm wondering, is cherry even detectable in a fruit cereal mix. I know cherry is a difficult thing to deal with but wouldn't just orange and lemon and maybe a smidgen of tangerine be sufficient to impart the fruity side of the equation? The cereal and milk ain't nothin but a thang. Should it have cherry or no? I don't know who in here is on the cereal path but I figured I'd ask. I looked for ideas on a couple recipe websites but couldn't find anything useful. Every one I looked at used a fruit circle type flavoring so who knows what fruits are in something like that. Saw one that used forest fruit. I've kinda tried that already. It wasn't bad at all but missed the mark a little.

Last edited:

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I did my first complete build today with the Serpent SMM.

It works!!

(So far...)

Good flavor (Milk of the Poppy) and no dry hits ... yet.
    Kanthal 26 @ 2.5mm, six wraps (I think - it seems close using a coil calculator), cotton.

IMG_20220403_153736775.jpg IMG_20220403_160516711.jpg

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I was wondering and thinking about the flavor that got me off cigs. Fruit cereal and milk, birdbrains to be specific. I've pretty much nailed down the milky part, I use that in other recipes too. What I'm wondering, is cherry even detectable in a fruit cereal mix. I know cherry is a difficult thing to deal with but wouldn't just orange and lemon and maybe a smidgen of tangerine be sufficient to impart the fruity side of the equation? The cereal and milk ain't nothin but a thang. Should it have cherry or no? I don't know who in here is on the cereal path but I figured I'd ask. I looked for ideas on a couple recipe websites but couldn't find anything useful. Every one I looked at used a fruit circle type flavoring so who knows what fruits are in something like that. Saw one that used forest fruit. I've kinda tried that already. It wasn't bad at all but missed the mark a little.
    What fruits were in the vendor juice you had. I’d go with whatever those were.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m hoping my last two recipes of this run are as good as they look. This run of mixes is too spread out. I’ll be low on the first three mixes by the time I get to the last two. In any case in need to mix four more tomorrow to fill my divider.

Users who are viewing this thread