FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It is afternoon already! Good afternoon then. :D

Oh well... I usually don't concern myself with time! I live in my own world 90some percent of the time. :lol: :lol:
    Could still be morning in your neck of the woods.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    New recipe. A very simple one. I've been enjoying it for the last couple days.

Golden Cream Filled Wafer

CAP Wafer Crunch 3%
    MB Soft Baked Cookie Base 2%
    WF Vanilla Cream Extra 1.5%
    VTA Golden Syrup 2%

8.5% total flavoring | Steep time: 4 weeks recommended (YMMV)

I was after more of a soft baked wafer profile for this mix. MB Soft Baked Cookie Base brought the soft baked element in spades. CAP Wafer Crunch delivers its excellent wafer flavor, buttery goodness and offers some crunchiness to the overall profile.

WF Vanilla Cream Extra is an excellent thick cream with laid back vanilla notes. The vanilla itself is on the brighter side.

VTA Golden Syrup is just a great syrup flavor. Golden syrup is not anything like FA Maple Syrup. It's more of a darker tasting syrup. There are no floral notes. It is not overly sweet. IMO it sits at about a 5 on my scale of sweetness (1 being near zero sweetness and 10 being gross level of sweetness).

I agree with Leilani on ELR; in that Golden Syrup has both sweet and tart elements and a light caramelized brown sugar kind of vibe. I am confident it could be pushed to 4% in a mix for more of the syrup notes.

My next go, I'll add either fruit(s) or a chocolate with walnut. Just about any of the lighter fruits will work. For darker fruits I will go easy on the percent(s) in order to retain the overall bakery profile.

@Zazie can you please add this to your blog? Thank you. :)

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    New recipe. A very simple one. I've been enjoying it for the last couple days.

Golden Cream Filled Wafer

CAP Wafer Crunch 3%
    MB Soft Baked Cookie Base 2%
    WF Vanilla Cream Extra 1.5%
    VTA Golden Syrup 2%

8.5% total flavoring | Steep time: 4 weeks recommended (YMMV)

I was after more of a soft baked wafer profile for this mix. MB Soft Baked Cookie Base brought the soft baked element in spades. CAP Wafer Crunch delivers its excellent wafer flavor, buttery goodness and offers some crunchiness to the overall profile.

WF Vanilla Cream Extra is an excellent thick cream with laid back vanilla notes. The vanilla itself is on the brighter side.

VTA Golden Syrup is just a great syrup flavor. Golden syrup is not anything like FA Maple Syrup. It's more of a darker tasting syrup. There are no floral notes. It is not overly sweet. IMO it sits at about a 5 on my level of sweetness (1 being near zero sweetness and 10 being gross level of sweetness).

I agree with Leilani on ELR; in that Golden Syrup has both sweet and tart elements and a light caramelized brown sugar kind of vibe. I am confident it could be pushed to 4% in a mix for more of the syrup notes.

My next go, I'll add either fruit(s) or a chocolate with walnut. Just about any of the lighter fruits will work. For darker fruits I will go easy on the percent(s) in order to retain the overall bakery profile.

@Zazie can you please add this to your blog? Thank you. :)

I'll have to mix that and give it a try. I just got the syrup in my last order and haven't tried it.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I'll have to mix that and give it a try. I just got the syrup in my last order and haven't tried it.
    The more I use VTA Golden Syrup and CAP Wafer Crunch the more I'm liking them. I think they are two excellent flavors that will be useful in a variety of mixes. So far they've worked well in a couple of my recipes. I also have them in a couple of mixes that are currently steeping.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The more I use VTA Golden Syrup and CAP Wafer Crunch the more I'm liking them. I think they are two excellent flavors that will be useful in a variety of mixes. So far they've worked well in a couple of my recipes. I also have them in a couple of mixes that are currently steeping.
    I like the wafer crunch but have big doubts about syrup

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA

So, did I tell y'all about my 200 flavor hard cap?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    So, did I tell y'all about my 200 flavor hard cap?
    Good luck! I passed 200 many years ago. When I got into DIY I thought we would be fine with like 30 - 50 flavors. Then my wife started scooping up flavors left and right. Although I did help, a lot! :D

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    The other night the girls and my little Lady wanted to know how many flavors I have. So, they counted them, without my assistance, but I did watch. :D

They counted 563 but that doesn't include the 50 that I'm giving to my younger brother. That 563 does not include the big 4oz and 16oz bottles of flavors I have back at my home in the city. The big bottles are flavors I go through frequently.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I like the wafer crunch but have big doubts about syrup
    I understand.

FWIW golden syrup is nothing like FA Maple Syrup as far as sweetness goes. FA maple syrup is really good, and accurate, but it is fairly sweet. Golden syrup has more of a sweet and tart thing going on. At 2% it's not like a "sweet" kind of sweet, if that makes sense. :)

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Just received an order of bottles from POD. Super quick delivery, wasn't expecting it because I only put the order in on Sat evening. The only email I got was a payment confirmation from Paypal. Nothing from POD.

It was a huge box. I got 50 60ml bottles. Don't use them much and I only wanted 4 of them, but noticed they only sold them in cases of 50. Decided to let it go and pick them up later somewhere else but I must have forgotten to remove the case from my cart. It only cost $16 so no big deal but now I have to find somewhere to stash 50 bottles.

Main reason I made the order was to stock up on dripper tops for 15ml bottles, plus a few different sized bottles. Several of the rubber bulbs were leaking so it was getting hard to suck the juice out the bottle and push it into the tank. I guess those rubber bulbs degrade over time. Outside of vapers most users probably don't use them indefinitely.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I understand.

FWIW golden syrup is nothing like FA Maple Syrup as far as sweetness goes. FA maple syrup is really good, and accurate, but it is fairly sweet. Golden syrup has more of a sweet and tart thing going on. At 2% it's not like a "sweet" kind of sweet, if that makes sense. :)
    Kinda

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I understand.

On the other a 10ml is pretty cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread