Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just finished trimming nails on our dogs. Always an adventure. One doesn't mind at all, just lays there. The other two can get pretty feisty. And then there's my Carli dog ...:facepalm:... she is a royal PITA for getting her nails cut. But in the end, success, 72 nails trimmed, zero bleeders.

I'll do the cats tomorrow. Another adventure.
    Better you than me :lol:

Reactions: Chiisaiinu

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Divider is full plus two extras.

Funny facts.
    I had 7 recipes and I needed 7 to get my two extras.

I had exactly seven of my mixing bottles sitting on my bureau also.

Better go play 777 on the lottery today!

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I just finished trimming nails on our dogs. Always an adventure. One doesn't mind at all, just lays there. The other two can get pretty feisty. And then there's my Carli dog ...:facepalm:... she is a royal PITA for getting her nails cut. But in the end, success, 72 nails trimmed, zero bleeders.

I'll do the cats tomorrow. Another adventure.

One of my least favorite things to do. When we had a cat, he would sit pretty well for me. Didn't like it but he wouldn't squirm around. Our dog does not like her paws touched so it's a bit of an adventure to cut her nails. She sits pretty good for my youngest daughter but not for me. She probably remembers the time I clipped and got blood when she was a puppy.

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 3, 2022
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Having a go at Cuttwood Sugar Bear again.
    Don't know if there is any truth to it, but read in some clone comments that Cuttwood only used Capella flavorings at that time. Going with that premise, I used the Internet Archive to see what flavors Capella had around that time period and picked out which ones seem to fit the flavor profile. One or two were discontinued.
    Just did a 4-3-2-1 and a 4-3-2-1-1 mix for starters to see where that gets me.
    Haha, very scientific!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Anyone here have an opinion on SSA Soft Waffle?
    I just received a 30ml bottle of soft waffle from NN. It smells really good. Finger test, tastes good.

I have a very simple 10ml recipe written up for it; 2% SSA Soft Waffle, 1% SSA Ripe Pineapple and 1% SSA Double Cream.

I'll get that mixed today.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I just received a 30ml bottle of soft waffle from NN. It smells really good. Finger test, tastes good.

I have a very simple 10ml recipe written up for it; 2% SSA Soft Waffle, 1% SSA Ripe Pineapple and 1% SSA Double Cream.

I'll get that mixed today.
    Good.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    One of my least favorite things to do. When we had a cat, he would sit pretty well for me. Didn't like it but he wouldn't squirm around. Our dog does not like her paws touched so it's a bit of an adventure to cut her nails. She sits pretty good for my youngest daughter but not for me. She probably remembers the time I clipped and got blood when she was a puppy.
    I don't mind trimming their nails. Sometimes one of the dogs will show me their teeth and growl, lol. I just firmly say 'nein' ('no' in German). They won't bite, they know better. GSD's like to act all tough at times (actually, most of the time).

Now my Carli, oy, she is by far the most high strung GSD I've ever owned. Intense x100! High strung like a Belgian Malinois. She will try to fight me every now and then when I do her nails. But, that's hard for her to do while I'm sitting on her. She still tries. :lol:

It's pretty funny because when I'm done they're all happy, playful and like lets go do something. Now! :D

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I don't mind trimming their nails. Sometimes one of the dogs will show me their teeth and growl, lol. I just firmly say 'nein' ('no' in German). They won't bite, they know better. GSD's like to act all tough at times (actually, most of the time).

Now my Carli, oy, she is by far the most high strung GSD I've ever owned. Intense x100! High strung like a Belgian Malinois. She will try to fight me every now and then when I do her nails. But, that's hard for her to do while I'm sitting on her. She still tries. :lol:

It's pretty funny because when I'm done they're all happy, playful and like lets go do something. Now! :D

We have a pomeranian who needs to get drops in his eye once a day. It used to be hell, he thrashed around so hard I was scared to get the bottle near his eye, but the vet showed me a good trick. Wrap him in a towel with just his head sticking out and he calms right down. He also gets a special hamburger treat after, now he comes round in the morning begging for his eye drop.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Another new recipe of mine...

Orange Cookie v4

FA Blood Orange 2.5%
    FA Royal Orange 1.5%
    SSA Juicy Orange 1%
    SSA Clotted Cream 1.35%
    JF Biscuit 1.5%
    FA Vanilla Cookie 0.65%

Steep time = 4 weeks / as always... YMMV

Originally this mix only had the two Flavour Art oranges. While testing I noticed the cookies were more out front than I intended. I decided to add 1% SSA Juicy Orange for a more prominent overall orange profile. That brought the oranges to the fore with the cookies laying back.

I like the cookie combination of JF Biscuit and FA Vanilla Cookie. JF Biscuit is more of a sugar cookie than a biscuit. It is no where near as sweet as CAP Sugar Cookie. From past experience I knew that FA Vanilla Cookie had to be a low or it would completely take over the mix. I am happy with the balance between the two.

SSA Clotted Cream is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. IMO it is currently one of the best creams available.

@Zazie can you please add this to your blog? Thank you! :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    We have a pomeranian who needs to get drops in his eye once a day. It used to be hell, he thrashed around so hard I was scared to get the bottle near his eye, but the vet showed me a good trick. Wrap him in a towel with just his head sticking out and he calms right down. He also gets a special hamburger treat after, now he comes round in the morning begging for his eye drop.
    That's cool that he looks forward to his eye drop and burger treat.

We used to have a male German Shepherd that had some skin problems. Our vet did some tests and found he had some weird allergy. I had to give him a couple subcutaneous injections daily for the rest of his life. He was ok with those. I mean, ya just pull up some skin, inject the needle and squirt. If done correctly they don't feel a thing.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    We take the ears, nails, teeth on Øsa once a week.
    Before her time, we were sloppy with such things, but it is much easier when it is a fixed routine.

We have had a longer walk tonight, was 6.5km, she is the one who is in the best shape, I have sore legs lol

A shower is needed, and then I will make a shopping list, I am a bit back and forth if I want to buy a BP Mods S tank.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Another new recipe of mine...

Orange Cookie v4

FA Blood Orange 2.5%
    FA Royal Orange 1.5%
    SSA Juicy Orange 1%
    SSA Clotted Cream 1.35%
    JF Biscuit 1.5%
    FA Vanilla Cookie 0.65%

Steep time = 4 weeks / as always... YMMV

Originally this mix only had the two Flavour Art oranges. While testing I noticed the cookies were more out front than I intended. I decided to add 1% SSA Juicy Orange for a more prominent overall orange profile. That brought the oranges to the fore with the cookies laying back.

I like the cookie combination of JF Biscuit and FA Vanilla Cookie. JF Biscuit is more of a sugar cookie than a biscuit. It is no where near as sweet as CAP Sugar Cookie. From past experience I knew that FA Vanilla Cookie had to be a low or it would completely take over the mix. I am happy with the balance between the two.

SSA Clotted Cream is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. IMO it is currently one of the best creams available.

@Zazie can you please add this to your blog? Thank you! :)
    Oh sure , orange.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Like swaddling a baby.

My good boy Roger used to let me pop his daily phenobarbital in his mouth every morning without a hint of a struggle. I was lucky.

Jeez, I just checked--he's been dead longer than he was alive. Hard to believe. Doesn't feel like it.

Users who are viewing this thread