Random DIY mixing and More

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Our dog immediately went to him when he got to our house last night and doesn't act like she's afraid of him or anything. He is nice to her and pets her. He wasn't there ten minutes and she was walking around with her tail down and acting up. When she does this, we have to shut the bathroom doors or she'll go in and trap herself inside and knock over the garbage. Last night when she woke me up walking back and forth and panting she kept pawing at the bed and knocked some stuff off my nightstand. I try to be patient with her but at 3:30 in the morning when I have to be up in two hours for work then it's hard to hold my temper. My wife finally went downstairs with her and slept on the couch. As I was leaving for work, the dog sat there staring at me like nothing happened.
    It sounds very strange, but it has happened before, SMT may be right with jealousy, but that it goes to hide I do not like to hear.
    How old is your dog?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So what is everyone up to today? Way to quiet in here. Hoping hitt took his green tea to stay awake or he may be napping now. I dripped the last of my mix for the Kumo so I’m putting it away for a bit. Then I can have just 9 pv’s for a bit. Actually 7 plus 2 pods. Guess it’s safe to say 9 devices.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It sounds very strange, but it has happened before, SMT may be right with jealousy, but that it goes to hide I do not like to hear.
    How old is your dog?

She will be 10 soon. It's hard to believe. She's not as active as she used to be but does ok for her age. I try to get her out for a walk most days. She still likes to play a little each night. When it's just us or us and one of the kids she's fine. My oldest has been driving home for a few days each week the past three weeks for rehearsals for a show she's in this week and the dog was very excited to have her home each time.

So what is everyone up to today? Way to quiet in here. Hoping hitt took his green tea to stay awake or he may be napping now. I dripped the last of my mix for the Kumo so I’m putting it away for a bit. Then I can have just 9 pv’s for a bit. Actually 7 plus 2 pods. Guess it’s safe to say 9 devices.

I wish I was napping. I might if I thought I could get away with it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    She will be 10 soon. It's hard to believe. She's not as active as she used to be but does ok for her age. I try to get her out for a walk most days. She still likes to play a little each night. When it's just us or us and one of the kids she's fine. My oldest has been driving home for a few days each week the past three weeks for rehearsals for a show she's in this week and the dog was very excited to have her home each time.

I wish I was napping. I might if I thought I could get away with it.
    No green tea?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    No green tea?

Yes, I took one at lunch. I probably should have taken a second one an hour or two later. I've got about an hour left here at work so really no point now.

Chiisaiinu

• Apr 20, 2022
    Tacoma, WA USA
    Trying to figure out where I am going wrong with mixing honestly. The taste's are good.. but its just a muddled mess that if you were blindfolded you probably couldnt pick out any individual flavor. So back to the drawing board. Wish there was a Mixing 101 guide instead of "just mix till it works."

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Trying to figure out where I am going wrong with mixing honestly. The taste's are good.. but its just a muddled mess that if you were blindfolded you probably couldnt pick out any individual flavor. So back to the drawing board. Wish there was a Mixing 101 guide instead of "just mix till it works."
    If you have a mix that tastes good I wouldn’t be worried about being able to pick out the flavors. It isn’t a muddled mess, it’s blended together.

There couldn’t possibly be a mixing guide for everyone. Trial and error.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    When I feel adventurous I’ll try my first Recurve with one more new o-ring. If it breaks another the base with go in the trash.
    To me it sounds like the o-ring is too large a size for the base. It might be worth trying an o-ring with a slightly smaller cross-section (CS).

Screen shot 2022-06-07 at 5.17.57 PM.png

You may already have an o-ring that might work in some of your spares for other RBA's. It would be easy to try some of those.

If not, The O-Ring Store has every possible size. They are one of a handful of stores who allow you to buy o-rings in very small quantities. I've purchased o-rings from them before. Solid vendor.

Just a thought. :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    So what is everyone up to today?
    I've been busy with the usual daily chores around the place today. Earlier we went out for a nice long horseback ride. The dogs ran alongside. Nice weather, upper 60's and sunny. We had fun.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    To me it sounds like the o-ring is too large a size for the base. It might be worth trying an o-ring with a slightly smaller cross-section (CS).

View attachment 975977

You may already have an o-ring that might work in some of your spares for other RBA's. It would be easy to try some of those.

If not, The O-Ring Store has every possible size. They are one of a handful of stores who allow you to buy o-rings in very small quantities. I've purchased o-rings from them before. Solid vendor.

Just a thought. :)
    Good thought but already tried.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I dripped the last of my mix for the Kumo so I’m putting it away for a bit. Then I can have just 9 pv’s for a bit. Actually 7 plus 2 pods. Guess it’s safe to say 9 devices.
    I'm down to 7. 3 mechs and 4 regulated. 3 RDA's (on squonks) and 4 RTA's.

I don't count the handful of RDA's I use for dripping and/or testing new mixes. If I did, then, 12.

7... sounds better. ;) :D

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm down to 7. 3 mechs and 4 regulated. 3 RDA's (on squonks) and 4 RTA's.

I don't count the handful of RDA's I use for dripping and/or testing new mixes. If I did, then, 12.

7... sounds better. ;) :D

I’ve come to the realization that I’m probably going to average around 15 setups. It is what it is. I got two more review samples yesterday so I’m up to three tanks and two kits I need to review. The two kits are the same just different colors.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    I have 2 criteria when it comes to mixes, like/don't like. To me nothing else matters.

Users who are viewing this thread