smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I've been gone all day. I had a dental appointment this morning and a VNS check this afternoon. The VNS check went just as usual. I have those once a month. Two more and then I can confirm that my VNS is active, but I'm certain that it is. My dental appointment is one that I made since I developed a toothache a few days ago. It turns out that I'm going to need a root canal and a crown...$1700 worth of work. They said that one of policies would pay 30% and the other wouldn't pay at all, but when I got home and checked online, the other policy said they paid 50%. I called and verified that. So I'm delaying the work until we can file and make sure both policies pay up. In the meantime, I got pain pills and antibiotics.

I have a dental appointment tomorrow. Our employer just upgraded us to Humana, but the new cards haven't arrived due to some "IT" glitch; the new policy started at the the begining of this month and hope I can sweet talk my dentist into waiting until the end of the day to bill me. I've some recent tooth pain and ordered a prophylactic round of antibiotics (two back molars that already had root canals are going south and will eventually need to be removed, just a matter of when). My previous insurance was with Florida Blue, which was a joke. They paid $80 on a $300 bill last time after claiming to not recognize my dentist. I might as well get my dentist to try to resubmit the claim. My wife held the previous dental plan before swittching jobs last year, I think we were with Americus back then.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I have a dental appointment tomorrow. Our employer just upgraded us to Humana, but the new cards haven't arrived due to some "IT" glitch; the new policy started at the the begining of this month and hope I can sweet talk my dentist into waiting until the end of the day to bill me. I've some recent tooth pain and ordered a prophylactic round of antibiotics (two back molars that already had root canals are going south and will eventually need to be removed, just a matter of when). My previous insurance was with Florida Blue, which was a joke. They paid $80 on a $300 bill last time after claiming to not recognize my dentist. I might as well get my dentist to try to resubmit the claim. My wife held the previous dental plan before swittching jobs last year, I think we were with Americus back then.

I had Best Life, then United Healthcare, for some reason last year, automatically started me on a dental plan even though i didn't request it. I never bothered to cancel the Best Life. Neither one covered my dental appliance for my sleep apnea, although my medical insurance is supposed to reimburse for that. I'm still waiting though. If the United doesn't cover this root canal, though, I'm definitely going to cancel it.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Sooner than later with the teeth. I think I might have apnea :(

The good thing nowadays is that they can do the sleep study at your home. No more sleep lab. They just give you a kit with a few monitors that you strap on at night and return the kit the next day.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Wake up everybody! It's nearly 5am! The sun is almost up! Good morning!

download (1).jpeg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I swear I can't take a day off without coming back to a mess. I was off one day and had three messages on my desk then found a piece of equipment that came in yesterday that no one tagged or wrote down anywhere. Luckily it's from a customer that I'm very familiar with and have contact information for. Why do we always have to have at least one lazy idiot working here?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I swear I can't take a day off without coming back to a mess. I was off one day and had three messages on my desk then found a piece of equipment that came in yesterday that no one tagged or wrote down anywhere. Luckily it's from a customer that I'm very familiar with and have contact information for. Why do we always have to have at least one lazy idiot working here?
    Maybe you should inform your boss. Would be a very bad thing if it was a new customer.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Maybe you should inform your boss. Would be a very bad thing if it was a new customer.

It would do absolutely no good. He's a good person to work for but not a very good manager and even if I said something then he wouldn't do anything about it. After almost 25 years, I've got a pretty good handle on his personality.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It would do absolutely no good. He's a good person to work for but not a very good manager and even if I said something then he wouldn't do anything about it. After almost 25 years, I've got a pretty good handle on his personality.
    Yeah, that’s what I was afraid of. You have said that more than once. I myself think it’s strange because he’s the owner and should be concerned about what effects his business badly. Really strange.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Detroit
    Why do we always have to have at least one lazy idiot working here?

Not to make light of the work situation. There must be some secret quota system in place. Every employer must have at least one lazy idiot on staff.

If there's a silver lining to it, at least he wasn't part of the new floor install crew.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Not to make light of the work situation. There must be some secret quota system in place. Every employer must have at least one lazy idiot on staff.

If there's a silver lining to it, at least he wasn't part of the new floor install crew.
    Or the guy putting the dishwasher in.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

I think we're actually under quota. We used to have three but got rid of two of them.

Or the guy putting the dishwasher in.

That guy actually had some issues. He tried to cut the copper supply line to couple a stainless braided hose to it and it didn't fit right so he had to end up coupling two hoses together.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think we're actually under quota. We used to have three but got rid of two of them.

That guy actually had some issues. He tried to cut the copper supply line to couple a stainless braided hose to it and it didn't fit right so he had to end up coupling two hoses together.
    Ah ha. Well at least he got it done successfully.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have a couple recipes. This one went in my Dvarw yesterday. @Zazie with much thanks :) @NolaMel

Vanilla Custard Cookie
    SSA Guava 1%
    SSA Natural Raspberry 1%
    Molinberry Cookie Bite 3%
    FW Yogurt 3%
    OOO Vanilla Custard Cheesecake 1.5%

Hopefully I didn’t already post that.

Users who are viewing this thread