DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, mixers, and happy hump day :)

Welcome home, I hope!

Speaking of temperatures - we are pretty lucky in the US. Most homes or apartments have either central ac or window ones

Unless you're in the PNW. ;) Heading into the 90s here, as well, dry, not even much dew this am... But, yeah, still better off than much of the rest of the world!!

Although, some years back we did get a portable AC, too small for the whole house, but does take the edge off in the living room.

2320551.gif

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Remember the toilet seat problems I was griping about back in May? (I'm sure you do--how could something that important fail to haunt you?) Well, this morning I used sheer brute force to rip the seat off the part that attached it to the toilet and then could twirl said part around to separate it from the bolt. That took an hour. Putting on the new seat took five minutes.

Thus concludes the great toilet adventure of 2022. Everything but the bowl and the tank has now been replaced.
    That’s a winner for sure :thumbs:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Dd bought a small camper which was delivered from Ohio this morning. She couldn’t find what she wanted here. She wanted a 3500 lb so she can pull with her SUV. It has an amazing amount of room in it.A bathroom with a toilet, shower and small sink.The couch makes a full bed.The front has two beds like bunk beds but different, bigger and partly triangle shape. The kitchen table will make a bed also. The stove has two gas burners. Outside one of the storage units holds a small frig and a nice barbecue. I know I’m probably forgetting something but it’s pretty nice.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Detroit
    Yes, it definitely needs the 4 weeks. I have NET’s but that’s an interesting idea. I’d be interested in what you come up with.

A delayed reply due to SFT testing and steep time, but I thought I'd give you an update.

Cappuccino (SC) 1.0%
    Shortbread (CAP) 1.5%
    Tatanka tobacco (FLV) 1.5%
    Vanilla Ice Cream (LB) 2.5%
    Vanilla Ruyan Custard (WF) 3.5%

Down the road, in the next version, I might drop the Vanilla Ice Cream down to 2%, and raise the Tatanka just a smidge to 1.75%. We'll see. Still some steeping to do, but taste tests so far, are very promising.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    A delayed reply due to SFT testing and steep time, but I thought I'd give you an update.

Cappuccino (SC) 1.0%
    Shortbread (CAP) 1.5%
    Tatanka Tobacco (FLV) 1.5%
    Vanilla Ice Cream (LB) 2.5%
    Vanilla Ruyan Custard (WF) 3.5%

Down the road, in the next version, I might drop the Vanilla Ice Cream down to 2%, and raise the Tatanka just a smidge to 1.75%. We'll see. Still some steeping to do, but taste tests so far, are very promising.
    I’ve never used the shortbread under 3% as yet. Thanks for posting and if you come up with others I’d like to see them. That looks like a pretty good mix for a NET .

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Good morning ladies & gentlemans,

Hi,
    One of your big competitors has stopped stocking Inawera Miss Cream and Flavorah Brie Cheese.
    Are these two flavors something Nom Nomz could consider taking in?
    Regards,

Hi Tor,
    I just wanted to let you know that I have ordered Brie Cheese for you today and it should be on the website within the next 2 weeks.
    I will order the Miss Cream on my next INW order too.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Great to have you here. :thumbs:
    Welcome home, I hope!

Thank You :wub: - However if your speaking of the metaphoric "here" & "home" also known as ECF - I haven't really left. Been lurking, just didn't feel like posting. Some of what I've been going through you already know.

The one thing I really needed to get my head around is, the TEE episode, change of drugs, and having a couple of care related services taken/ripped away from me without any concern about my mental/emotional care without-a-doubt threw me for a loop in the past month. And since then, even though I did everything possible to avoid any more health problems - when I went for a followup with my kidney doctor - things have gotten much worse and my kidneys are failing again (N- Stage 5) in less then a month. So that left me with a big decision - go on dyalisis or not.

As such, even though there maybe complications given my living situation and support resources availableto me (no family/freinds near by), last Thursday I decided I would go on dyalisis. By the 1st of the month and once I get my affairs in order again - I will be entering the Hospital for 1-2 weeks to get a Port/Cath put into my chest and start Dyalisis. Then comes making all the arrangements again for at home long-term care.

So that should bring everyone up to date. Can't thank @JCinFLA and @Zazie enough for their providing up-dates and keeping everyone in the loop. Hopefully, they will continue to do so if I can't/not in the mood. Also want to thank everyone else for their concern and kind words too.

Now just remember, there are many more ECF Freinds and people who are much worse off then I am, so no getting carried away . . . This ls Life . . . And, hopefully things will move along for the better for all of us. BTW: Don't be surprised if you do see another post every so often here in "DIY" or "Tootle Puffers" threads . . .
    Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:
    trueblood-merlotte-sam.gif

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thank You :wub: - However if your speaking of the metaphoric "here" & "home" also known as ECF - I haven't really left. Been lurking, just didn't feel like posting. Some of what I've been going through you already know.

The one thing I really needed to get my head around is, the TEE episode, change of drugs, and having a couple of care related services taken/ripped away from me without any concern about my mental/emotional care without-a-doubt threw me for a loop in the past month. And since then, even though I did everything possible to avoid any more health problems - when I went for a followup with my kidney doctor - things have gotten much worse and my kidneys are failing again (N- Stage 5) in less then a month. So that left me with a big decision - go on dyalisis or not.

As such, even though there maybe complications given my living situation and support resources availableto me (no family/freinds near by), last Thursday I decided I would go on dyalisis. By the 1st of the month and once I get my affairs in order again - I will be entering the Hospital for 1-2 weeks to get a Port/Cath put into my chest and start Dyalisis. Then comes making all the arrangements again for at home long-term care.

So that should bring everyone up to date. Can't thank @JCinFLA and @Zazie enough for their providing up-dates and keeping everyone in the loop. Hopefully, they will continue to do so if I can't/not in the mood. Also want to thank everyone else for their concern and kind words too.

Now just remember, there are many more ECF Freinds and people who are much worse off then I am, so no getting carried away . . . This ls Life . . . And, hopefully things will move along for the better for all of us. BTW: Don't be surprised if you do see another post every so often here in "DIY" or "Tootle Puffers" threads . . .

I'm sorry you're having to deal with all of that but you seem to have a really good attitude about it. I hope it works out as well as possible.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Detroit
    I’ve never used the shortbread under 3% as yet. Thanks for posting and if you come up with others I’d like to see them. That looks like a pretty good mix for a NET .

I SFT'd the Shortbread at 3% also, and it was good. I tried it in various experimental mixes, and it always showed up in front, or very close to it. Being that this was a vanilla / tobacco mix, I wanted to push the SB a little further back in the mix, without covering it up completely. I guess it's a matter if one wants a tobacco cookie, or cookie tobacco..lol.

I don't have any experience with commercial NETs. From my NET extraction days, I know it was pretty common to have to push the extraction % pretty high, to get what I was looking for. The Tatanka in the mix is fairly concentrated / potent, as a lot of FLV's flavors are, so I kept that low-ish.

The Vanilla Ruyan Custard also has tobacco in it, but it's not in your face strong tobacco. I'm really starting to like this flavor in tobacco mixes. It's good. At least for my tastes. If you experiment with NET, Shortbread, and whatever, I'd be interested what you come up with.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I SFT'd the Shortbread at 3% also, and it was good. I tried it in various experimental mixes, and it always showed up in front, or very close to it. Being that this was a vanilla / tobacco mix, I wanted to push the SB a little further back in the mix, without covering it up completely. I guess it's a matter if one wants a tobacco cookie, or cookie tobacco..lol.

I don't have any experience with commercial NETs. From my NET extraction days, I know it was pretty common to have to push the extraction % pretty high, to get what I was looking for. The Tatanka in the mix is fairly concentrated / potent, as a lot of FLV's flavors are, so I kept that low-ish.

The Vanilla Ruyan Custard also has tobacco in it, but it's not in your face strong tobacco. I'm really starting to like this flavor in tobacco mixes. It's good. At least for my tastes. If you experiment with NET, Shortbread, and whatever, I'd be interested what you come up with.

I just started messing around with a net mix with some cookie flavor in it. Not where I want it yet but I'll have to remember the Ruyan custard to try in a mix.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Detroit
    I just started messing around with a net mix with some cookie flavor in it. Not where I want it yet but I'll have to remember the Ruyan custard to try in a mix.

Obviously everyone's MMV, but the Vanilla Ruyan Custard (to me) is very smooth. The vanilla, tobacco, and custard is all nicely balanced, with no rough edges. This is my first custard anything. Had absolutely no custard experience. I decided to go a little out of my normal box with this one, and glad I did.

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas

Sorry to hear about your kidneys man, mine are hanging in there and I'm just trying to stay away from Stage 5. Hope you feel better!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I would like to see what you come up with also.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

I will be watching for your posts. You take good care of yourself. Everyone here is rooting for you:wub:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

In a tobacco mix I don’t blame you for cutting the SB back. I would do likewise.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Obviously everyone's MMV, but the Vanilla Ruyan Custard (to me) is very smooth. The vanilla, tobacco, and custard is all nicely balanced, with no rough edges. This is my first custard anything. Had absolutely no custard experience. I decided to go a little out of my normal box with this one, and glad I did.
    I go out of my box once in awhile. I expect the fails so a win is always super nice.

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it before but my NET’s are Stixx.

Users who are viewing this thread