Random DIY mixing and More

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
The podiatrist apparently ordered for me to get diabetic shoes and inserts. The first I heard of it was an email from the company canceling the order because they don't have a fitter in the area. I called the doctor's office and left a message.
Nice of them to let you know.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The podiatrist apparently ordered for me to get diabetic shoes and inserts. The first I heard of it was an email from the company canceling the order because they don't have a fitter in the area. I called the doctor's office and left a message.
    Kinda strange.

Reactions: TARTARA

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Yesterday we went to Cracker Barrel. That's about my favorite eat out. I had chicken pot pie which is my number one on their menu, plus a big plate of their fancied up hash browns. Being old I don't eat much and yesterday I scarfed back 2 or 3 times what I normally get through in a sitting. Paying for it a bit this morning but it's worth it.

Monday I spent 6 hours burning the huge brush pile from last summer. We only had one dry day in the forecast, 2 weeks of rain coming up. Top of the pile was brush which was pretty well dried out and ready to burn, the leaves fell to the bottom and they were still frozen. You aren't supposed to burn leaves here but I did it anyway. I was prying loose slabs of frozen leaves with a shovel and dumping them on top of the fire. They only partly burned so the pile is still smoking this morning if I poke it with a stick.

Last night I mixed some base and I'm almost out of PG and VG, so that's on my job list for today. And I'm down to the bottom of the bottle on most of my regular mixes. This time of year is expensive. House, vehicle and flood insurance all come up in Feb. Plus next week I have to pay $3K to be connected to city sewers and probably another few hundred to get the breaker box prepped to connect up the grinder pump.

That's a short summary of my life right now.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yesterday we went to Cracker Barrel. That's about my favorite eat out. I had chicken pot pie which is my number one on their menu, plus a big plate of their fancied up hash browns. Being old I don't eat much and yesterday I scarfed back 2 or 3 times what I normally get through in a sitting. Paying for it a bit this morning but it's worth it.

Monday I spent 6 hours burning the huge brush pile from last summer. We only had one dry day in the forecast, 2 weeks of rain coming up. Top of the pile was brush which was pretty well dried out and ready to burn, the leaves fell to the bottom and they were still frozen. You aren't supposed to burn leaves here but I did it anyway. I was prying loose slabs of frozen leaves with a shovel and dumping them on top of the fire. They only partly burned so the pile is still smoking this morning if I poke it with a stick.

Last night I mixed some base and I'm almost out of PG and VG, so that's on my job list for today. And I'm down to the bottom of the bottle on most of my regular mixes. This time of year is expensive. House, vehicle and flood insurance all come up in Feb. Plus next week I have to pay $3K to be connected to city sewers and probably another few hundred to get the breaker box prepped to connect up the grinder pump.

That's a short summary of my life right now.
    It's good that you got out to your favorite eating place. :thumbs: I think almost everyone has an expensive time of year or two. It basically bites. On another note, you better mix some of your regular mixes and get more PG/VG.

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
    Jan 21, 2023
    Ah...

I made a diffuser for my small flashlight, i took a conical white cap from a 10ml plastic bottle, i removed the inside childproof insert and i made an 8mm hole in the top of the cap just to cut off the the flat part of the cone ! And now i can use it with double action, as a diffuser on the sides and as a regular mini spot flashlight on the front ! Boom !

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Ah...

I made a diffuser for my small flashlight, i took a conical white cap from a 10ml plastic bottle, i removed the inside childproof insert and i made an 8mm hole in the top of the cap just to cut off the the flat part of the cone ! And now i can use it with double action, as a diffuser on the sides and as a regular mini spot flashlight on the front ! Boom !
    Cool.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I'm about 90% certain I'm going to go to Italy this fall. Have any of y'all traveled internationally with your vape? I know vaping is legal in Italy, with an indoor ban, but what about getting through customs and TSA? I know things can be purchased there, but I might not get an opportunity to buy, especially at the beginning of the tour. I've thought about buying some snus or nicotine lozenges.

DYA, changing snus to sausages.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    It's good that you got out to your favorite eating place. :thumbs: I think almost everyone has an expensive time of year or two. It basically bites. On another note, you better mix some of your regular mixes and get more PG/VG.
    I normally get PG and VG from Essential Depot on Amazon. Nice and simple. This time they have the VG there but not the PG. Went to ED and they have the 2-pack with one of each for $150. The PG is $40 and the VG is $60 so why is the 2-pack $150. And there are other brands of VG on Amazon for $30. I need to grab a piece of paper and map out all the options from the various sources because it's making my head hurt. On the other hand a gallon of each should last me 2 years so it might be easier to get the 2 pack from ED and suck up the price. I do want to stick with ED stuff because I know it's good.

Why did it get so complicated?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I'm about 90% certain I'm going to go to Italy this fall. Have any of y'all traveled internationally with your vape? I know vaping is legal in Italy, with an indoor ban, but what about getting through customs and TSA? I know things can be purchased there, but I might not get an opportunity to buy, especially at the beginning of the tour. I've thought about buying some snus or nicotine lozenges.

No idea.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

I only know about the UK. Never had problems at either end of the trip. But it's been a few years and they now have a limit on the nic concentration you are allowed, 20mg I think, probably similar in Italy. No idea how they would handle a bottle of homemade juice, would they take your word for the nic level? Think if I did it today I might buy some premixed juice with the nic level shown on the manufacturers label to be safe.

They also have rules about the size of tanks you can buy, but that was in place last time I went over and they didn't care about my larger tanks. Most of those laws apply to what you can buy, not what is legal to own. Stuff you owned from before the rule changes is grandfathered in.

I always travel with Picos and KFLs because I have loads of them and it wouldn't be a huge deal if a few got confiscated. Used to take Spinners but they are all gone.

I'm sure there are people from Italy here somewhere.

I never travel without lozenges.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I normally get PG and VG from Essential Depot on Amazon. Nice and simple. This time they have the VG there but not the PG. Went to ED and they have the 2-pack with one of each for $150. The PG is $40 and the VG is $60 so why is the 2-pack $150. And there are other brands of VG on Amazon for $30. I need to grab a piece of paper and map out all the options from the various sources because it's making my head hurt. On the other hand a gallon of each should last me 2 years so it might be easier to get the 2 pack from ED and suck up the price. I do want to stick with ED stuff because I know it's good.

Why did it get so complicated?
    I have no idea. I got my last quart of ED VG from Amazon. I had no idea they don't carry PG now.

PG and VG are heavy. The extra $50 is probably shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread