Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’ve been vaping this since it’s creation in Oct. ‘17. From @wllmc.

Juicy Strawberry Cheesecake

Of coarse I want in on all this Juicy strawberry madness! I had to throw in one of my own recipes to the list. Fa juicy strawberry I think its going to be the new standard for strawberry. there are not really any subs for anything in this recipe, they are all kinda unique to themselves. I obviously haven't had any time to let this sit around and steep but its really good. enjoy :)

2.5% FA juicy Strawberry
    0.25% INW Shisha strawberry
    2.5% Capellas NY cheesecake
    0.75% INW biscut
    1.5% Capellas cereal 27
    0.75% Hangsen cream

It’s my night time vape.
    I have a Strawberry Cheesecake very similar to that but I may try that as written. Ty:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Makin’ progress here folks!!

Received the TFA RY4 (along with others) just today so I could try my hand at DaMomma’s RY4 Delight over on ELR. Decided to try the flavour just on it own in a 6% 50VG mix with 5mg of nic, so whipped up a small 5ml batch. Shake n vaping it right now on the Nano and I have TONS of flavour!

Shouted out a well deserved F*** YA! and scared the sh** out of the cat!
    Very happy to hear that.:):)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thats pretty awesome. TFA RY4 is actually a pretty week flavor and takes a good steep to come into its own. Maybe the tastebuds are coming around
    You are forgetting we sometimes taste things very differently from one another.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I’m s bit skeptical about the recipe ratings on elr. Unless there are A LOT of reviews on a particular recipe I take the reviews with a grain of salt.
    I almost never look for recipes anymore. I've found I usually can figure out my own. It's worked out pretty well for me.Of course there are some exceptions that were posted here....LOL.:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Another success! Whip up 5ml with 8% TFA Key Lime at 50/50 with 6mg of nic. Very potent aroma, my whole place smells of Key Lime which has sparked the cats interest (she is strange!). Shaked and vaped. Flavour is strong but found it to be very perfumey (is that a word). So added about 1% FA sweetener and it turned out really nice. Reminds me of a lemon lime soda, one of the cheaper unknown brands that I can’t put my finger on. But very good flavour with a nice lime aftertaste that lingers. Really like it.

Looked through my notes and for the life of me can’t figure out where I went wrong with my previous mixes. As mentioned, some have a high flavour %, some do not. Perhaps the scale was off somehow which threw everything askew….don’t know…I’m grasping here.

It’s late and the cat is giving me that “why are you not in bed so I can terrorize” look. Have a busy day tomorrow mixin’. And again, thank you all who responded – very much appreciated. :thumbs:
    Perhaps you should try a couple more single flavors with a 50/50 mix and see how that works for a start:)

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I almost never look for recipes anymore. I've found I usually can figure out my own. It's worked out pretty well for me.Of course there are some exceptions that were posted here....LOL.:)

I haven’t a creative cell in my body so I need to rely on others. I can’t cook either. My meals consist of delivery and Trix cereal lol! Oh and Pop Tarts!! Besides I figure why reinvent the wheel? I’m pretty sure the mixes I enjoy aren’t anything unique lol!! I did create a Baked Apple Tart recipe but honestly when I perused recipe sites there were a million other similar recipes.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    FA lemon sicily is a terrible fader...from delicious to non existant in under a week :)

IMO, it depends on each person's sense of taste, with any flavoring used in DIY. My first bottle of the Nick's LMP (with FA Lemon Sicily) was more than 2 weeks old when I finished it. I still could easily taste the Lemon. :thumbs:

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 10, 2015
    Has anyone tried the graham cracker custard recipe yet? I’m not sure how long to steep it and I’m itching to try it. Maybe I’ll get out the berry berry good I mixed to pacify myself until the graham cracker custard is ready.
    Yes made mine on 2/28. It’s ok to me. But it isn’t wowing me.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    IMO, it depends on each person's sense of taste, with any flavoring used in DIY. My first bottle of the Nick's LMP (with FA Lemon Sicily) was more than 2 weeks old when I finished it. I still could easily taste the Lemon. :thumbs:

Ok, I was being a bit facetious here. First few days it comes across as that perfect sharp citrusy lemon that we all know and love and then all those nice top/mid notes disappear as the week wears on until you're tasting this strange far away lemon. It's difficult to describe but it ends up as a kind of faint sweet lemon curd type of lemon that somebody else is tasting :cool:

Can you still taste lemon after a week....errr yees?? Does it really taste like lemon? errrr no :D

I'm 52 (I think) and smoked for 35 years so a younger person may experience things a bit differently but IMO only in terms of a few more days to a week. Taste is subjective yes but part of that is age and sensory damage related.

Still....what is this recipe for lemon meringue pie?...I'm assuming it's Named LMP and the mixer is Nick?

Happy taste buds one and all :D

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Post #18287 :)

I don't think Tazzle would want to take credit for that recipe - she posted the original by NotCharlesManson and I ran with it :lol:
    At the time I had no idea it would turn into a long running ADV for me.
    Never request recipes when exhausted :oops:. I already had it screenshot AND the later note on fruit subs for it :facepalm: when I asked. But, thank you for humoring me

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    Perhaps you should try a couple more single flavors with a 50/50 mix and see how that works for a start:)

Already on it! Vaping 6% CAP Chocolate Glazed Doughnut at 50/50. Lots of flavour! Again, I am totally puzzled at the failure with my previous mixes. Starting to wonder if the cat sabotage my juice….but given the lack of opposable thumbs she would have to be very creative at opening the bottles. However, she is a evil genius so wouldn’t write her off as a culprit!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    I'm 52 (I think) and smoked for 35 years so a younger person may experience things a bit differently but IMO only in terms of a few more days to a week. Taste is subjective yes but part of that is age and sensory damage related.

Well...I'm 66 and smoked 1-1.5 PAD for more than 42 years. So my own sense of taste definitely doesn't fit with the age and sensory damage idea. ;)

Lots of things can affect someone's sense of taste - medications they're on, consumption of spicy foods, how weak or strong that sense was since birth, etc. So IMO, there is also no general time span in which any person can taste things better than someone else. :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Already on it! Vaping 6% CAP Chocolate Glazed Doughnut at 50/50. Lots of flavour! Again, I am totally puzzled at the failure with my previous mixes. Starting to wonder if the cat sabotage my juice….but given the lack of opposable thumbs she would have to be very creative at opening the bottles. However, she is a evil genius so wouldn’t write her off as a culprit!
    Pg is a much better flavor carrier than vg.. I use only 25% vg.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Still....what is this recipe for lemon meringue pie?...I'm assuming it's Named LMP and the mixer is Nick?

Yep. It's this one that Heartsdelight posted a few weeks ago:

Lemon Meringue Pie - The Best Yet

Cookie (FA) - 2%
    Flapper Pie SC (WF) - 3%
    Lemon Meringue Tart (VT) - 6%
    Lemon Sicily (FA) - 0.8%
    Pudding Base (VT) - 0.5%
    Super Sweet (CAP) - 0.3%

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Well...I'm 66 and smoked 1-1.5 PAD for more than 42 years. So my own sense of taste definitely doesn't fit with the age and sensory damage idea. ;)

Lots of things can affect someone's sense of taste - medications they're on, consumption of spicy foods, how weak or strong that sense was since birth, etc. So IMO, there is also no general time span in which any person can taste things better than someone else. :)

OH, I completely agree :) So would you agree with me that the lemon that you are detecting after 2 weeks is pretty meh?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    OH, I completely agree :) So would you agree with me that the lemon that you are detecting after 2 weeks is pretty meh?
    I can't vape lemon any more but I used to and I agree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread