Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry69nolan

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2011
Jacksonville AL USA
acmepvs.com
As I am not smart enough to figure a way to make a thread that would let members input what brands they have and have had from any vendor with a running count and a from best to worst stand point so there would be no confusion and would be a consensus as to who has the best and worst e-juice on the planet. Any chance that can be done or happen?

jerry69nolan

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2011
Jacksonville AL USA
acmepvs.com
I understand taste is subjective but numbers are not, they are what they are. I was more curious about the total number of sales vs. actual flavor enjoyment ranking among the people who may or may not have any particular brand. I have read so many reviews of e-juice my lil ole head is still spinning. It seems to vary from vendor to vendor, like r4y from abc may be great and r4y from xyz is just a crap knock off trying to cash in on the name.

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
I've tried a lot of different brands, and some DIY, and I have found - as many posters here will also say that TH vs Vapour Production - trade-off between PG vs. VG - so I've been experimenting with mixing different ratios.
Personally, I like 70/30 VG/PG mix. Then you have atomizers vs cartomizers - some suck and some are good - and that also is a big factor in vapour production. Then voltage - so it's a big fat messy mix of "just gotta try it out for myself and see what works best for me" deal.
Only my opinion here.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
If we did this, then (as DD stated) the biggest vendors would win out, because the statistics favor them. It would go like this:

#1 Dekang
#2 Johnson Creek
etc

If you really want a list that shows e-liquid vendors in order of volume, then fine - this is what you will get. If you want a guide to what people liked or didn't like, and why, then the present system is good.

I'm not saying that we cannot or will not change the way we do something - in fact that is the opposite of the situation, as we are always trying to do better. As an example, two weeks ago someone emailed in with a way to organize the Reviews section better, and all the staff liked it - so last week we did a major re-organization of the Reviews.

The problem with rating liquids basically according to a poll is that the biggest numbers win, regardless of any other issues. If someone suggests a way of doing it that adjusts for volume, as in a statistical study, then we could look again. Otherwise, all we would be doing is penalizing the low volume vendors for no reason. They might even be better but the figures would mask that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread