rare earth magnets- safe for use around batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Hey Vapers,
I am finishing a box mod I've made- 2x14500s(in parallel), radio shack project box, horn switch, and a couple LEDs. The cover for the box is held on by four screws, and since the batteries and master on/off are inside the box, securing it with screws is not an option. I picked up some rare earth iron boron somethin-or-other magnets to hold the cover on. They are teeny tiny cubes, like maybe .5mm, and the closest magnet position to the batteries is about 2-4mm(I'm adding a pic but not sure how well you will be able to see them, they are the tiny little silver squares in the bottom corners, I haven't put the top ones in yet). Are they going to affect or cause any problems with the batts?
Thanks,
Dave
box1.jpg box2.jpg

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
Neodymium mags are used as battery spacers to convert flat tops into pseudo-button-tops. No worries with mags on or near batteries, or used in a circuit.

ETA: I use neo mags soldered to wire leads to charge odd batteries that I don't have a dedicated holder for. Comes in real handy for 18500s since there doesn't seem to be a 18500 battery holder in the entire universe.

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I use neo mags soldered to wire leads to charge odd batteries that I don't have a dedicated holder for. Comes in real handy for 18500s since there doesn't seem to be a 18500 battery holder in the entire universe.

Hmmm have you looked lately? I think this is one. I've seen a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread