RAVEN PHOENIX Is Here, Up For Sale Now, The Hottest Carto/Tank To Hit The Scene ..Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Typical e-liquids are 80PG/20VG or 70PG/30Vg.... cartos, clearos etc are not setup by default to handle much thicker ones. To address this type of issue... you either have to thin the e-liquid a little or thin down the wicks a little...

On the Evod's ... using a 30PG/70VG juice... I remove one of the flavor wicks to avoid dry hits... Not sure what the equivalent is for a Raven so if you thin the wick to help.. do it slowly otherwise you end up getting the gurgle again and possible leaks as well.

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
one i had that leaked and couldn't get it to stop. i noticed a small black spec floating in the tank it was from the o-ring of my pyrex tank .. i took the raven out and noticed the wick sticking out just a tiny bit past the hole ..barely noticeable ..but just enough to allow liquid to get passed to leak down and through the air holes

one i have in the same tank now i've been extra careful and use a pawn drip tip on top to keep it aligned when filling the tank (also allows me to fill it 100%)

Yeah I use a Slap Yo Mama thing for getting past the O-rings without messing them up too.

I'm gonna take one off the batt. and soak it in Etoh, dry it out and have a look. Might dissect the thing later.

Meantime back to the T3s and Evods, waiting on the ProTanks.

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
Typical e-liquids are 80PG/20VG or 70PG/30Vg.... cartos, clearos etc are not setup by default to handle much thicker ones. To address this type of issue... you either have to thin the e-liquid a little or thin down the wicks a little...

On the Evod's ... using a 30PG/70VG juice... I remove one of the flavor wicks to avoid dry hits... Not sure what the equivalent is for a Raven so if you thin the wick to help.. do it slowly otherwise you end up getting the gurgle again and possible leaks as well.

Yeah, I thought I remembered Badculo saying he was doing all VG but I prolly remember wrong. Having had a bit of throat cancer can't do high PG. Time to punt.

nathkiira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
TN, USA
Yeah, I thought I remembered Badculo saying he was doing all VG but I prolly remember wrong. Having had a bit of throat cancer can't do high PG. Time to punt.

i have 50/50 in one raven .. working very well

i have 70 VG / 30 distilled water in another working well .. and i've used 100 VG in one worked ok ..muted flavor but thats usually the case with VG

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
i have 50/50 in one raven .. working very well

i have 70 VG / 30 distilled water in another working well .. and i've used 100 VG in one worked ok ..muted flavor but thats usually the case with VG

Yah, the higher VG I go the more I've had to kick the flavoring and the Nic. upward a bit to get any hit out of it.

Got both of 'em soaking right now, let 'em dry overnight, the alky evaps pretty fast. I think I'll try and dissect 1 tomorrow sometime. Try to get She Who Will Be Obeyed(SWWBO) to photo the guts and maybe post pics for me.

nathkiira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
TN, USA
so today i had a raven leak a bout a ml of liquid and i think i know why

first off i had it off my device while testing out the AGI.. had the raven in a tank full sitting on a holder .. was fine for 2 days just sitting there.. didn't leak

then i reached for something and knocked it over ..picked it up and sat it down and didn't think about it

after a few hours i glanced over and noticed it was nearly empty ..liquid was just below the wicks..

so what i'm thinking ..when it dropped (maybe 2 inches) ..maybe the wicks got jarred and made an opening? .. i dunno ..very weird

nathkiira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
TN, USA
replaced the o-rings in my tank (just in case) and put a new raven in .. no issues so far =)

i tested the previous raven by filling the tank up again and just sitting it down.. overnight it was empty .. really don't know what happend with it .. and it was 50/50 liquid

edit: its been brought to my attention that if its worn out ..it will leak and its time to replace it ..makes sense

Last edited:

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
Been using one of these for the past 2 days and I must say I am impressed. I vape 70pg/30vg and as long as I keep the voltage at 4.1 or below the thing vapes like MAD! I tend to take 3 or 4 long vapes in a row and some other bottom coil units I've tried couldn't keep up but so far it has not been an issue.

Has anyone left on in their car on a warm day? I'm wondering if the heat expansion will cause them to leak/flood.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
I posted this in the other raven thread but thought I should add it here too
I got one when they were in alpha almost 2 months ago and it still going strong. I did get 2 at that time and about a week ago I pulled this one and went to the 2nd. Its a fussy one and wouldn't stop gurgling and leaking here and there (hopefully its a fluke) so I just did a rinse and dry burn on the first and went back to it - still cranking out clouds! 2.4 ohm @ ~4v with a diy 70/30 orange cream @ 18mg. Prolly had over 60ml through it already and its pretty much been my goto rig for the last several weeks.

And wanted to add that the holes on the fussy one arnt the same as on the good working one. The good one the inner piece is lined up with the holes and it looks open - I guess you can even see the wicks in there. It you hold it just right and look in the dt end you can even see light come in through there. The one that gave me all the trouble the inner piece is turned a bit so you mostly see metal in the wick holes. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and ran several tanks through it to see if it would break in and behave but it didn't and kept making me mad so I just gave up with it.
Maybe after I get some more I'll slice it open and see what the story is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread